#1 Smak

Smak

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:09 pm

Hi Folks!

Since one of the members of Carpe-TDM (Pict, a nice guy indeed smile.gif ) came on www.ouestlekeum.com (the French TDM reference site) to introduce your forum, I definitely wanted to make my own opinion and meet other guys that are as fond of motorbikes, and particularly TDM, as I can be!

Maybe this will lead some other frog-eaters to discover your forum, so be prepared to such an invasion! wink.gif

Sorry, I don't know if this is an habit to introduce oneself on Carpe-TDM...
Just in case, here are a few words: I'm 40 years old, married, 2 nice childs (depending on their mood, of course huh.gif ), from Brittany (obviously the most beautyful region in France... note that French people are not only very chauvinistic but also very proud of their region, often with a total lack of discernment...). I'm the happy owner of a TDM 900, dark blue 2004, and I enjoy it!
Please be indulgent: I'm not used to write in English.

Looking forward to reading from you!

#2 Doc

Doc

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:48 pm

Bienvenu! Good to have you on board, Smak. good.gif

Your English is great - much better than a lot of the Brits that post on here! laugh.gif

You have certainly got some discernment - I have a blue 2004 as well!

I'm sure you'll get lots mre welcomes soon. Some may even be in French!

#3 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:49 am

Welcome Smak, and especially as a Celtic cousin from Brittany! yahoo.gif I hope others follow - please report back that the natives are friendly. We even share enjoyment of an occasional beer!

In the meantime, this forum may allow you to explore any interest (as described on Ouestlekeum) in visiting Scotland or other parts of the UK (and other countries, since we are global). The annual "Rolling Thunder Tour" (RTT) last year was in Scotland, but this July it will be in the Rhineland. Next year, who knows? There is a meeting being arranged in the north of England for the weekend of September 7th. and there are regular smaller meetings which you may find appropriate. Certainly plenty of advice in any case if you want to make your own plans.

Thank you for your good English - in the course of further visits you will find many versions of the language - some regional, some purely Carpedian! blink.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#4 Guest_RSROCKET_*

Guest_RSROCKET_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:15 pm

Salut et bienvenu, J,espair votre experience de Carpe et sympatique e joyeux.Prochain fois.

#5 cyco900

cyco900

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:58 pm

Hi Smak,
Brittany eh?
My club go there every year to the Celtic Brothers, Breizh. Rally
We also have club members in Brittany and Burgandy.
May run into you one day then. rolleyes.gif

Ride safe (beware TPS fanzines) rotflmmfao.gif
Boring Old Fartz mcc / Diflas Hen Rhech - the PARTY club
[b]Now 03 TDM900 and Honda 450 Cafe Racer - previous bikes:- 97 virago535 -Triumph Trophy900- TDM850Mk1- Honda VF750F- Honda CB350K4- Honda CB650F chop- Suzuki 100- Honda CB900F x2 -Honda CB250 Dream -Kawasaki K400 -Honda CB650F Chop- Honda CB750K2- Kawasaki Z1000- HD Sportster1000- Triumph 500t- Honda 400/4- TriBsa 650- BSA C15- Triumph Speedtwin combo -BSA B33 chop- BSA A65 -BSA A10 chop- Ariel Golden Arrow- BSA Bantam- Francis Barnet- NSU Quickly. think thats the lot?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
bunny hoppin

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

#6 middlewich

middlewich

seems to like Carpe

• 79 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:59 pm

Bonjour Smack,
Welcome - you will definitely find some interesting info on this site.
I have an 850 Mk2 - the best colour Red/Black. good.gif
A coincidence that you are from Brittany - The wife and I will be making our first bike trip to France, at the end of June - and we decided to base ourselves in Brittany as we liked it so much when we visited a few years ago.
We will be in Dinan to start and plan to run out for days from there.

#7 Smak

Smak

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your welcome messages!

I have ever heard about the Celtic Brothers but have never been in touch with them.
However, the name sounds fine and really makes sense considering the strong accointance between Celtic communities, wherever they are.

I hope to share some beers one day wink.gif
Guinness and Smythicks ring a bell... a few years ago in Dublin, where I stayed for some weeks for professional matters.

Middlewich: you've made the right choice good.gif Dinan is a very nice town and a fine starting point. I'm sure you will enjoy your trip.
If you need further information, please feel free to ask!

I've just started exploring this forum and found very interesting pieces of information. My English is not good enough to understand all subtilities and jokes, but I'll try to improve myself smile.gif

Thanks again!

#8 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:40 pm

QUOTE(Smak @ Thu 10th May 2007, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've just started exploring this forum ...................I'll try to improve myself.

It's unlikely to be an improving experience - more likely to bring out your darker side! tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#9 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:03 pm

QUOTE(Smak @ Thu 10th May 2007, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My English is not good enough to understand all subtilities and jokes, but I'll try to improve myself smile.gif

yer english is better than mineses. wink.gif

#10 Guest_E.T._*

Guest_E.T._*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:14 pm

Bonjour and welcome. smile.gif

Some interesting stuff on this forum - I don't post as much as I used to , but I still have a good read!)

Would love to come to France on my TDM sometime (Me, the wife and boys are off to Rhine Valley for this summer holiday..but in the Volvo I'm afraid!). Let us know if you make it this side of the Channel, Im sure the carpedians would love to meet up. good.gif

#11 bidi

bidi

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:39 am

hello everybody!
excuse my english!
just to tell you a little "bonjour" from france
i come from "ouestlekeum.com"
i have a tdm 900,2002
before,i had a tdm 850 ,1999

continue like that,this site is a reference! good.gif

http://rvjkr.free.fr....07 tdm (2).JPG

and the new bike

http://rvjkr.free.fr/TDM/900/fini.JPG

i just finish to put this exaust!

http://rvjkr.free.fr...6 [800x600].JPG

bye,see you later,maybe !

"Sorry, dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed" ??!!!

#12 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:30 am

Bonjour et bienvenu, bidi - que d'autres citoyen(ne)s d'Ouestlekeum veulent devenir encourage(e)s aussi!!
Tu prends un the, peut-etre, ou une biere, au cours de leur attendre? smile.gif

#13 bidi

bidi

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:25 am

heu.....

i prefer one bier !! huh.gif

#14 Hebus le Troll

Hebus le Troll

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:27 pm

Hi all,

it's my turn to introduce myself on your site. I'm 36 year old, married, 2girls(4y & 20d) ahhhhh.gif and I live in Paris.

I'm owner of a 2002 yellow model since april, before that I had a 600 Transalp but it was stollen ranting.gif . I think we can share our experience about TDM or other bike and I hope take a drink (the, beer, wine, etc) together if you'll come in France to discover our regions and history.

As Smak said, frog-eater will come and discover your community with pleasure, of course you can do the same and come in ouestlekeum.com.

Hope to ear/read you soon.
Une petite impatience ruine un grand projet. [Confucius]

Alors prudence.

#15 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:38 pm

...et encore de salut a toi, Hebus! Les trolls ne functionnent qu'a basse temperature, n'est-ce pas? Alors, cet ete en Angleterre est parfait pour faire une visite.

#16 Hebus le Troll

Hebus le Troll

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:48 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Sat 21st Jul 2007, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...et encore de salut a toi, Hebus! Les trolls ne functionnent qu'a basse temperature, n'est-ce pas? Alors, cet ete en Angleterre est parfait pour faire une visite.

Yeh you're right, troll hate water because it kill fly, but the temperature it doesn't matter. yahoo.gif
Une petite impatience ruine un grand projet. [Confucius]

Alors prudence.

#17 zoulo32

zoulo32

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:20 pm

Hi folks ! I'm zoulou32 from France. As we use to do on oeustlekeum.com, the french TDM websitet, I would like to introduce myself:

I'm 28, married with zoulette rolleyes.gif, I ride a blue TDM 900 (2003), I had my driving license a few month ago, and really enjoy this bike.

Hope to ear from you soon
teddy bear on a blue bike

#18 karle74

karle74

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:47 pm

Hi all,

like my others friends of the ouestlekeum site, let me introduce myself : i'm 33, i have a TDM 900 2002 blue galaxy since 3 months. Before, i have ride a Yamaha 600 Diversion (XJ600S) (1992)

The TDM was a dream, and i realize it yahoo.gif

Hope to read you soon.

PS : i apologize for my english blush.gif

#19 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:17 pm

J'ai lu que la famille Ouestlekeum a fait un charabanc-TDM....... dry.gif cool.gif
Entrez, tous - il suffit du the et des biscuits cet apres-midi!

#20 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:27 pm

QUOTE(Smak @ Wed 9th May 2007, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm ...from Brittany

Which part of Brittany, Smak? As a Scot, I made a "pilgrimage" to the Pan-Celtic Festival at Lorient a few years ago - we camped near Quimper then near Carnac, and travelled all around. Great music, scenery, hospitality and food. This year's festival should be in about 3 weeks or so, I guess? I can still remember the amazing sound of Bagad Kemper! Also the piping competitions, costumes and dancing in Vannes: a fine place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users