Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 26 September 2020 - 11:31 am

Carpe dudes,

Before I put these on evil bay is anyone in the market for a set of spare 850 4TX front forks ?

I brought a full set of Yamaha replacement seals, bushes & retaining clips for when I did the total refirb on WinalotPrime, reading the posts on here I thought I'd skirt round the task and farm it out to a professional !! but the clown mechanic in the village marked the blimmin sliders trying to get the bushes and seals out !! Doh !!

I brought another set from a chap on here who was selling various items, they had just been overhauled and had progressive springs fitted, the bike was giving him all sorts of problems so he decided to break it,  fell in my lap nicely, a mate collected them for me and we put them straight on, job done. Indecently the village garage paid for them, as he held his hand up to marking mine !

As WinalotPrime has now gone to a new home so I will no longer need these original set as back up, they had only covered 18,000 miles but on inspection the chrome sliders were slightly pitted and the dust seals had completely blown in the legs (which are in great condition by the way), the pre-load and rebound adjusters are in tip top condition and click into position nicely as they would with so little use !

Attached File  IMG_2462.JPG   89.2KB   0 downloads  Attached File  IMG_2463.JPG   92.4KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2464.JPG   73.13KB   0 downloads  Attached File  IMG_2465.JPG   106.16KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2468.JPG   124.3KB   0 downloads

The chrome sliders could possibly do with re-chroming but the marks are not directly in the slide path of the seals so should be fine, I was just annoyed the "mechanic" done it and I wanted them replacing.

Looking for £200 ONO for the Yamaha seal kit (£100 from Webbs Yamaha) and forks as a complete package + whatever the postage will be. 

If you want any more info just ask.

Stay Safe Carpedians   :badgerrock:

Edited by Gdogg, 26 September 2020 - 11:49 am.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#2 Dazmk2850

Dazmk2850

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:34 am

Where abouts are you dude?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users