#1 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,113 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:47 pm

Does anyone know what they are on about with CCTV?

Most seem to want interweb and a cloud! I don't have either other than interweb on tellingbone. I want summat with...

2 cameras.
Would be ideal if I can view footage on a monitor (which I have).
Don't want wires everywhere.
Do want motion detection
Guess remote viewing not possible with only phone webs

Any help pleasey??
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,742 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:58 pm

Dont know anything about them dappers cept remote viewing with telling bone is defo possible though, aircooled68 has 360 degree cameras fitted externally (and internally)and he can see what's going on from phone app, so dont need pc me thinks mucka.

Edit.... my google fu is strong tonight.

Edited by dablik, 25 February 2019 - 06:01 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:11 pm

He prolly has home interwebs though dabbers? There are just way too many options/variables/techno jibber jabber for me to decipher.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:23 pm

I've got a basic Floureon (available on ebay) system. I bought a 4ch DVR, with 2 cameras and no hard drive (because I had my own hard drive I could use)

Setting up is easy, it runs in standalone mode and isn't interweb  dependent, but is interweb enabled if you want to view things remotely.

The choices of cameras, apart from resolution, are limited to wired or wireless. Wireless cameras (called IP cameras) will need permanent wifi to keep recording. Wired systems don't need wifi, but cables can be cut. There's no perfect solution other than if you choose wired try to keep the cables out of sight

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#5 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:33 pm

Reckon what you need is a wireless, 2 camera set up you can run from your phone Dappers. Happy to help.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#6 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:50 pm

Get a guard doggie?  :rotflmmfao:

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#7 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:11 pm

For cctv coverage it would be a watch dog.... ;)

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#8 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:32 pm

One thing to think about is that most cameras will need some wires - power for the camera. Either that or batteries that will need changing on a regular basis. So running wires for the signal isn't as much of a problem as you might think, the only wiring issue would be running them to your monitor/recorder.

#9 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:56 pm

Reckon what you need is a wireless, 2 camera set up you can run from your phone Dappers. Happy to help.

Lolzio.

#10 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:27 am

I'm guessing you want to install cctv away from gnome.

Advice is usually free so why not get a professional to do you a quote for installing a suitable system.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#11 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:13 pm

Thanks chaps. I didn't want it to get too expensive or involved but there's just so much jibber jabber.

Luckily Larry the Bampton Rat to the rescue as he has an 8 cam system with some cams not in use so he's gonna just pute in a few cams and link it up to whatever the hell it needs linking up to....jobs a carrot.

Was thinking about house as well but think I'll just not bother due to extreme confusion.

#12 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:35 pm

For cctv coverage it would be a watch dog.... ;)

or geese, local scrappy had them and i can vouch for the effectiveness as I got a peck in the nuts from one , not to be repeated

#13 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:41 pm

Bentley boys have guard geese
...very effective.

#14 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:09 pm

I have a 4 camera Samsung system, wired. Installation was easy with a bit of thought about routing the wires. Cameras all plug into a box which I have plugged into a monitor or the telly. It's remote viewing enabled via the Samsung website. Log in and watch. Never bothered enabling it as I rarely know where my phone is. The whole system was cheap as chips.

Image quality from the cameras is quite important, mine are HD and infra red. Pointless trying to pick out the blurry hoodie in a line up.

My thoughts on wire routing were to ensure that even if the wires are cut the perps would still be recorded getting to the wire. Cameras are positioned to monitor all potential access points. The cameras are not claimed to be fully weather proof so I made wee shrouds for them from 2ltr milk containers. I have a large collection of Blue Peter badges.

So far so good. They are excellent at filming how spiders make a web over the lens. Fascinating to watch... Admittedly they are being out foxed, heh, by the neighbours dog which manages to leave an early morning brown egg on the lawn without being filmed. So not recommended for criminal Corgis.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users