85 replies to this topic

#81 richarda

richarda

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:27 pm

Interesting what you say about the Lidl tank bag - I've had an Aldi one for years and it's absolutely brilliant. On balance though, the Aldi stuff does seem slightly better quality generally and often cheaper. The other good bit of kit I've had from them in recent years is the one piece waterproofs - large enough to go over cordura bike kit, easyish to get on and so far fully waterproof.

R

#82 Mikey B

Mikey B

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:45 pm

Bought the Lidl jacket on the way to work this morning. Was in the store by about 8:15, there were 4 others in there all buying biking kit.

http://www.lidl.co.u...index_18731.htm

Bought the trousers about 3 years ago. Never leaked even with our wet Welsh weather.

#83 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:40 pm

I thought the material seems a bit soft, only seemed to have Cordura on the elbows rather than be wholly made from Cordura.

I fancied getting the trousers and jacket...... hmm....

#84 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:40 am

had the thermals on for half n hour and they've neutralised to my body temp, nice and comfy. Not hot, just right.

The real test is the cold,

biggrin.gif

Very please

Lew wink.gif

#85 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:26 am

Tested the Aldi windstopper underkecks and shirt this morning in my 25 mile commute, mainly dual carriageway & motorway at 0 degrees C. Definate improvement over my usual undergarb, especially the chest area which is where I usually feel the cold at motorway speeds. Knees were slightly chilled on arrival at work, but still an improvement. Well worth the £9.99. good.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#86 fredtucker

fredtucker

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 102 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:39 pm

I think someone posted a link to a lydl supermarket website advertising cheap motorcycle gear. I took a gamble and bought a flip -front helmet for £39.99 from my local store. It's called a 'CRIVIT' sports There are 4 sizes, the medium that I bought comes in matt black. It's not really possible to try the helmets on in the store as they're quite well packed in a box. They weigh 1680g +or - 50g according to the specs. I was pleasantly surprised by the relatively comfortable fit from new when I got it home. It is obviously quite 'plasticky' in construction and will probably benefit from careful handling of it's moving parts. There is a built in flip-down sunshield which is operated by quite a stiff slider on top of the helmet. There is a spare clear replacement visor in the box, which will be useful as I expect they will be hard to locate in the future. There is also an alternative set of larger cheek pads to obtain a more snug fit if required. I found the 'slim' pads already fitted to be just right. There is also a 'winter' collar for a more windproof fit around the neck if you want it. There is a chin ventilation shutter and also one on top of the helmet. The hinge mechanism is'nt as smooth as expensive helmets, but good enough. The whole of the hinged front piece is made of quite thin plastic and probably won't provide much crash protection. On the whole I am not dissapointed with my purchase and it will at least satisfy my curiosity about this style of helmet in case I buy a shuberth or similar in the future. I haven't tried it out on the bike yet, so can't report on noise levels etc.

Fred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users