• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:37 pm

so I reckon these are interchangeable between the bikes,  what say ye?  Anyone know if 900 ones are a bigger bore than the 850 versions?

Would ya say an Akrapovich system designed fer the 900 cud be fitted to the 850?  

Does bigger bore headers and free'r flowing silencers automatically mean more gas flow and an increase in power?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#2 TDM4ever

TDM4ever

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:38 am

Does bigger bore headers and free'r flowing silencers automatically mean more gas flow and an increase in power?

No! If you just put them on and don't do anything else, you will 99,999999999% get a decrease in performance.

If you put on a Power Commander (or similar) and get it adjusted on a Dyno bench, you can expect a small increase in bhp/torque (provided the guy operating the Dyno, knows what he is doing..).

I have FUEL exhausts, K&N filter and Power Commander on my 9'er. I have ordered a full Dyno run, so I will soon be able to tell you the before and after figures.

Edited by TDM4ever, 11 April 2017 - 06:57 am.

#3 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:18 am

If you put on a Power Commander (or similar) and get it adjusted on a Dyno bench, you can expect a small increase in bhp/torque (pr.

.....am presuming we're talking Mk 2 here........(?).........so powercomander not applicable in this case

Jiff.

#4 TDM4ever

TDM4ever

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:29 am

.....am presuming we're talking Mk 2 here........(?).........so powercomander not applicable in this case

Jiff.

Ahhh, yes missed that, sorry.

Then it is old-school with the carb jetting  :)

#5 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:06 pm

I have FUEL exhausts, K&N filter and Power Commander on my 9'er. I have ordered a full Dyno run, so I will soon be able to tell you the before and after figures.

Let us know how you get on please. :good:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:46 pm

The outlet gaskets are same diameter so I'm assuming the bores are the same too Ken.  Not sure the 9'er pipes would fit without a bit of pipe bending though but could be wrong.  I know the 8fiddly pipes won't fit a TRX due to differences in the angle of the engine.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:00 pm

The outlet gaskets are same diameter so I'm assuming the bores are the same too Ken.  Not sure the 9'er pipes would fit without a bit of pipe bending though but could be wrong.  I know the 8fiddly pipes won't fit a TRX due to differences in the angle of the engine.

when ya say 'pipes' do yew mean downpipes?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#8 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:03 am

No! If you just put them on and don't do anything else, you will 99,999999999% get a decrease in performance.

If you put on a Power Commander (or similar) and get it adjusted on a Dyno bench, you can expect a small increase in bhp/torque (provided the guy operating the Dyno, knows what he is doing..).

I've got an unfettled 9er (09 reg) and am thinking of fitting FUEL exhausts in order to keep the OEMs in good nick. I've also got a Power Commander from my last bike (04 9er) in the garage awaiting its call to duty, so I'd be REALLY interested in hearing how you get on. 

Riggers.

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:33 am

when ya say 'pipes' do yew mean downpipes?

Yes. Pity ya can't borrow a set to try out.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#10 TDM4ever

TDM4ever

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:53 am

I've got an unfettled 9er (09 reg) and am thinking of fitting FUEL exhausts in order to keep the OEMs in good nick. I've also got a Power Commander from my last bike (04 9er) in the garage awaiting its call to duty, so I'd be REALLY interested in hearing how you get on. 

Riggers.

Sure, I will make a post with the result. It should be within the next 3-4 weeks (he has a long waiting list..).

#11 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:03 pm

Sure, I will make a post with the result. It should be within the next 3-4 weeks (he has a long waiting list..).

:good:

#12 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:18 pm

Different angles at the head, need a bit of bending. Not sure about diameter

Scrub the above, having difficulty with mobile app time line. .....

Edited by dandywarhol, 13 April 2017 - 09:27 pm.

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users