• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Gauntlett

Gauntlett

seems to like Carpe

• 77 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:33 pm

Now Sold. I have decided to sell my TDM, I have owned it for 4 years and had no mechanical or electrical problems at all, due to lack of space other projects in the garage it has spent a lot of time in the last 18 months outside, it now needs an amount of cosmetic restoration and I will not have the time or space to carry this out.

Good things, rmg crash bars and ctr stand, new battery, new PR3 rear, progressive springs,30k miles.

Bad things, front calipers are in need of servicing, some cosmetic work required (failed powder coat swinging arm) and smaller items.

Asking £1500 ono, if close to asking figure I will include, new Helle brake lines unopened, spare shock (black spring), set of sprockets (original size), front light cluster and a few other bits.

Edited by Gauntlett, 21 December 2018 - 11:25 am.

#2 Gauntlett

Gauntlett

seems to like Carpe

• 77 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:01 am

I'm beginning to wonder if this ad is invisible, come on guys not even a comment. Is it to expensive are the spares not worth anything, low mileage and only needing a clean up, give me a clue pls.

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:05 am

What add? 😀

Pics might help sale?

No idea on prices sorry.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:34 pm

Pics would deffo help, as you stated the bike has been stood outside for 18 months, some peeps might think it's gonna need a lot of sprucing up.

Also, what colour is it and is there any history ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:54 pm

It's the bestest mk2 colour, think aircooled, too much of a clue i suppose, yep pictures will really help though so a better idea of what needs sprucing up, already have a sprucing up job outside but glws.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 Gauntlett

Gauntlett

seems to like Carpe

• 77 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:35 am

As I stated the bike has spent some time outside in the last 18 months and when it was it was under an expensive cover, as also stated swinging arm mainly and other minor areas

I don't know how to attach pictures, tried before and failed, its the vivid red and black scheme from that era got original service book and all mots and two keys.

Edited by Gauntlett, 21 March 2018 - 05:38 pm.

#7 Gauntlett

Gauntlett

seems to like Carpe

• 77 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:01 pm

Think I need to point out the bike is mot'd till sept with no advisories and was in daily use until just before original post, will attempt some pictures again, but if anyone would like some pm me your mobile and I'll send a picture, text or facebook.

#8 Gauntlett

Gauntlett

seems to like Carpe

• 77 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:24 am

Now sold, £400 worth of new parts fitted and £200 worth of spares new and 2nd hand, low mileage genuine, all gone for £1000 pound pity no one on here fancied it. oh and it only took 2 hrs to prep. and pass its MOT. Sorry admin cant work out how to edit title

Edited by Gauntlett, 21 December 2018 - 11:32 am.

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:17 pm

Well, someone on here mighta fancied it at £1000 but you were asking £1500

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#10 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:40 pm

1500 and No photos

#11 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:25 pm

Hi Gauntlet
Did you sell all the spares with the Bike ?
Was thinking of the Spare shock ? -( Hoping to delay purchase of brand new one till spring / weather's better )

On a side note

I'm still amazed how little some of these bikes sell for
given the prices paid for similar aged machine's

Andy.

#12 Gauntlett

Gauntlett

seems to like Carpe

• 77 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:35 pm

Sorry mate everything went, I always said open to offers but I think people where put off by other members assumptions of its actual condition  

#13 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:21 pm

Sorry mate everything went, I always said open to offers but I think people where put off by other members assumptions of its actual condition

No worries mate
Just trying to avoid spending £ 300 + on a Shock just so it can get covered in salt & shit before I can get the chance to really appreciate it

#14 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:12 am

or day were put off by your description and lack of pics maybe?  i tink ya let it go too cheap (my assumption based on having seen no photos and your description)  I hope yer udder projects are enjoyable and the sun shines on us one and all. 

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users