27 replies to this topic

#1 norty

norty

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:46 pm

Got and fitted a Tiger screen, so far does an excellent job. Mind you a few nice days would be nice. At least i know that it is fine in strong winds - wind noise is all gone good.gif
Only downside is not too sure about the looks (sorry Shane), but it does a surperb job regarding wind protection. It is a well made peice of kit, has its already been mentioned fitting is a doodle.
If anyone wants to try the screen to see whats it is like (bearing in mind its made for my height - im 5'11") drop me a PM and pop round. |If you catch me on a good day you might even get coffee and cake tongue.gif

Graham

#2 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:13 pm

QUOTE(norty @ Wed 9th Dec 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got and fitted a Tiger screen, so far does an excellent job. Mind you a few nice days would be nice. At least i know that it is fine in strong winds - wind noise is all gone good.gif
Only downside is not too sure about the looks (sorry Shane), but it does a surperb job regarding wind protection. It is a well made peice of kit, has its already been mentioned fitting is a doodle.
If anyone wants to try the screen to see whats it is like (bearing in mind its made for my height - im 5'11") drop me a PM and pop round. |If you catch me on a good day you might even get coffee and cake tongue.gif

Graham

Lets have a pic then Norty!

#3 norty

norty

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:28 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Wed 9th Dec 2009, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets have a pic then Norty!

All good things come to those who wait - in other words I am a lazy so and so and I havent taken one yet, will do it tommorrow I promise rolleyes.gif

#4 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:16 pm

Is this for a 900? I've got the 850 mkII and while I've got a taller screen, it's still quite noisy...

You're just up the road from me, I'm in Didcot.

#5 norty

norty

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:37 pm

QUOTE(markallinson @ Wed 9th Dec 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this for a 900? I've got the 850 mkII and while I've got a taller screen, it's still quite noisy...

yes it is for the 900, your welcome to come and have a look

#6 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:41 pm

and 6.9miles from me

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#7 Guest_Kelpie_*

Guest_Kelpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:09 pm

Oooooooooooooo Red kites! Sorry, thread hijack, but I saw them in June when visiting my son... he was stationed there. Cool birdies!

#8 norty

norty

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:38 pm

QUOTE(Kelpie @ Wed 9th Dec 2009, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oooooooooooooo Red kites! Sorry, thread hijack, but I saw them in June when visiting my son... he was stationed there. Cool birdies!

they are, loads around here the last few years. good.gif

#9 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:31 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Wed 9th Dec 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and 6.9miles from me

And I'm near Wallingford

I feel a meet coming on........ rolleyes.gif

#10 norty

norty

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:37 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Wed 9th Dec 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'm near Wallingford

I feel a meet coming on........ rolleyes.gif

sounds good.gif

Will have to be after xmas for me though. sad.gif

#11 OldGreyWizard

OldGreyWizard

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:13 pm

I looked up Kidlington as I'd never heard of it.
It is about as middle England as you can get.
120 miles from me and many more miles from the "up North contingent".
I'd still would like a piccy though. the promise of "Cakes" mght tempt ne to a meet up after Xmas.

OGW

#12 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:08 pm

A Tiger screen you say.... does it come with a golf-club wielding Norwegian?
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#13 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:40 am

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Wed 9th Dec 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A Tiger screen you say.... does it come with a golf-club wielding Norwegian?

and how many bikes has it been on recently?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#14 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:05 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 10th Dec 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and how many bikes has it been on recently?

rotflmmfao.gif So far it's on 7 & is eyeing off number 8. tongue.gif laugh.gif

cheers, Shane from Tassie

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#15 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:39 am

QUOTE(norty @ Wed 9th Dec 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Graham

Glad to see all's good mate. I guess beauty's in the eye of the beholder, personally I don't much like the look of any other after market screens for the TDM, which is part of
the reason I decided to have a go at designing one myself.
It's coming into Summer here now so ride weather has improved though we still seem to be getting a fair amount of unseasonal rain & wind.
I ditched my Tigerscreen prototype ( made from ordinary plexiglass ) a couple of months ago in favour of a new one from High impact acrylic.
Glad I did as last Sunday I hit a Crow ( Tasmanian Forest Raven ) at 125kph. It just flew out of small trees beside the road without warning.
They average 650g in weight & I calculated ( my Newtonian physics is rusty )an impact force of ~22.5kg at that speed. Loud bang & almost soiled undies. tongue.gif
The Tigerscreen sustained some minor scratching & a small crack 2cm but is still quite OK to use. The important thing is if not for the Tigerscreen the Crow would have
hit me at neck height which would have been nasty. sad.gif The old screen would have shattered into a thousand pieces, don't really want to think about that scenario too much.
The Crow didn't survive, looking in the mirror, I saw him pinwheel off into the nearby scrub. blink.gif

cheers, Shane from Tassie

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#16 norty

norty

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:17 am

QUOTE(TDMtoraneko @ Thu 10th Dec 2009, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to see all's good mate. I guess beauty's in the eye of the beholder, personally I don't much like the look of any other after market screens for the TDM, which is part of
the reason I decided to have a go at designing one myself.
It's coming into Summer here now so ride weather has improved though we still seem to be getting a fair amount of unseasonal rain & wind.
I ditched my Tigerscreen prototype ( made from ordinary plexiglass ) a couple of months ago in favour of a new one from High impact acrylic.
Glad I did as last Sunday I hit a Crow ( Tasmanian Forest Raven ) at 125kph. It just flew out of small trees beside the road without warning.
They average 650g in weight & I calculated ( my Newtonian physics is rusty )an impact force of ~22.5kg at that speed. Loud bang & almost soiled undies. tongue.gif
The Tigerscreen sustained some minor scratching & a small crack 2cm but is still quite OK to use. The important thing is if not for the Tigerscreen the Crow would have
hit me at neck height which would have been nasty. sad.gif The old screen would have shattered into a thousand pieces, don't really want to think about that scenario too much.
The Crow didn't survive, looking in the mirror, I saw him pinwheel off into the nearby scrub. blink.gif

Lucky escape mate, glad your ok.
Your right about beauty, but i must say it is an absolute joy to be able to ride with no earplugs and have the visor open if I want to good.gif

#17 norty

norty

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:30 pm

As promised here are some picces
Attached File  DSC_7417.jpg   218.83KB   73 downloads
Attached File  DSC_7418.jpg   282.13KB   59 downloads
Attached File  DSC_7416.jpg   273.49KB   86 downloads
Attached File  DSC_7419.jpg   199.41KB   82 downloads

Attached Files

#18 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:29 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by Tiger screen. Is it a screen from a Triumph (just looked and it's not) or just a screen called Tiger huh.gif Can you say a bit about where you got it from and how it's fixed over the existing screen?

Edited by muddy, 10 December 2009 - 01:33 pm.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#19 norty

norty

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:53 pm

QUOTE(muddy @ Thu 10th Dec 2009, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure what you mean by Tiger screen. Is it a screen from a Triumph (just looked and it's not) or just a screen called Tiger huh.gif Can you say a bit about where you got it from and how it's fixed over the existing screen?

More info here Muddy

#20 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:12 pm

QUOTE(norty @ Thu 10th Dec 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More info here Muddy

Oh blush.gif missed that. Well they certainly look like they'll keep the worst of the rain off as well. Any chance of a little review when you've done a few motorway miles. I'd be interested to know how it performs at 80 mph. If it reduces wind noise and doesn't create uncomfortable turbulence, I'll certainly be up for getting one of these.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users