2 replies to this topic

#1 shadowjack

shadowjack

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 173 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:46 pm

Haven't posted in a while, the TDM was two bikes ago, but keep track of the Carpe-world all the same. 

So, on a quick Boxing Day  run around the block (home-Hanmer-Lewis Pass-Moana-Arthurs Pass-home), spotted a yellow/silver TDM MkII, parked next to a ST1100/1300 in Arthurs Pass. Could have knocked me over with a feather, so its either the other MkII in NZ, or a  third one. 

So, if you're here, and saw a black DL650 with a big screen, well, that was me.

Great day for a ride - temps in the late teens-early 20's, bit of cloud cover, agreeable traffic letting the faster mover through, nice Boxing Day lunch in Hanmer with whanau, left at 0930, back by 1830.

Merry Xmas/Happy New Year to you all.

Edited by shadowjack, 26 December 2019 - 07:49 pm.

#2 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:34 pm

T'was not me. I was on my trials bike yesterday. I have yet to see another TDM in all the years since we met.

I'm looking at a T7 in the next year or so and will be looking you up for Mainland advice on where I can go to get it dirty and drift a fly.

All the best for the New Year D.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#3 shadowjack

shadowjack

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 173 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:19 pm

M, a T7 - all the reviews so far seem very positive. Might get to my local Yamaha dealer for a look. Not in the market, having acquired a Strom, but just out of curiosity...

Did some piscatorial recon t'other day up at Lake Coleridge - blowing a gale, so unsuccessful spinning it was. Dusty, too. 

Have a good New Year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users