5772 replies to this topic

#3541 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:10 pm

Changed the oil, bled the front brakes, knackered the rear calliper trying to bleed the rears. :blush2:

#3542 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:26 pm

New rear disc (EBC) & pads (OEM) prior to this afternoon's MoT; which was passed (as usual). One advisory on the rear tyre being worn close to limits. No mention was made of the slightly noisy front wheel bearing, although there's no detectable play. The old girl is up to 99,257 miles now  :clapping: Should tip over the 100k mark in the next month.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#3543 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:21 pm

yesserday i drained the fuel tank which contained a lot of fine and coarse rust particles as i had neglected to either properly 'winterise' the bike by either completely emptying the tank or brimming it full of fresh fuel so rust took hold,  the in tank fuel filter that is part of the pet cock has failed so the rust got as far as the main remote fuel filter.  I cut it open ferra look and it was a bit gunged up so a new one is on order. Carbs need to be cleaned as she'll only idle on full choke so they must be gunged up.

The original red fuel tank will be filled with vinegar ferra day or 2 and i will try to remove all the rust in a bid to 'save it'. In the mean time i have a silver tank in my spares stash to go on to No.7 which is mint internally and is complete with petcock and fuel level float etc so all i need to do is swap over the filler cap so it matches the ignition key.

A bespoke built Nitron rear shcok is goin on shortly to replace the troublesome Fournales shock i've had on there in recent years.  

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3544 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:03 pm

when briming up for the winter use premium fuel as it will not attract water the same as unleaded

#3545 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:57 pm

Fitted replacement rear calliper today and bled it. I feel a ride out coming on tomorrow to make sure all works ok.

#3546 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:11 am

when briming up for the winter use premium fuel as it will not attract water the same as unleaded

the fuel people also change the composition in summer and winter due to the temp changes

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#3547 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:48 am

Just to clarify, Despite the ‘Premium’ label, Premium Unleaded (95 RON) is actually the most commonly-used petrol across the UK and Europe, and is suitable for almost all petrol engines.The other is super unleaded with higher octane rating of 97/98/99 (RON). 

The majority of unleaded 95 Octane petrol sold in the UK contains up to 5% ethanol  as required under the Government's Renewable Transport Fuels Obligation (RTFO). There is currently no requirement for renewable fuel (such as ethanol ) to be present in super unleaded (97 grade petrol) - source esso.

The ethanol in premium, as madmopedracer says, can absorb water. 

#3548 MipeTDM

MipeTDM

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:16 pm

yesserday i drained the fuel tank which contained a lot of fine and coarse rust particles as i had neglected to either properly 'winterise' the bike by either completely emptying the tank or brimming it full of fresh fuel so rust took hold,  the in tank fuel filter that is part of the pet cock has failed so the rust got as far as the main remote fuel filter.  I cut it open ferra look and it was a bit gunged up so a new one is on order. Carbs need to be cleaned as she'll only idle on full choke so they must be gunged up.

The original red fuel tank will be filled with vinegar ferra day or 2 and i will try to remove all the rust in a bid to 'save it'. In the mean time i have a silver tank in my spares stash to go on to No.7 which is mint internally and is complete with petcock and fuel level float etc so all i need to do is swap over the filler cap so it matches the ignition key.

You can also de-rust it with a dc power supply and baking soda water solution, see my picture here:
https://tdm-trx-trac...t&comment=50910

I've performed that several times on different tanks, and the result is surprisingly good.

#3549 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:38 pm

Can't see the image - sign-in reqd :( 

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3550 MipeTDM

MipeTDM

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:48 pm

No problem, here's the photo:
It's called electrolytic rust removal

Attached Files

Edited by MipeTDM, 01 May 2019 - 03:50 pm.

#3551 MipeTDM

MipeTDM

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:04 pm

Here's some more picture below on the 1st tank I did:
https://www.motor-fo...9/post-26466854

#3552 Timbo1866

Timbo1866

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:44 pm

Woohoo MOT passed with 1 minor rear tyre low had a laugh with The tester he always puts something down said it will last a wile yet so
Scotland he I come (well in 5 weeks)

#3553 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:53 pm

Family outing Tim ?  Be nice to know how yer trip goes. :good:  Where in Scotland ya heading to ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3554 Timbo1866

Timbo1866

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:00 pm

Hi Studers
Just me and the eldest Jools on this trip
but meeting up with a few lads from the GS 500 forum weve been meeting up for a few years there are a couple of locals one who acts as our tour guide
Were of to Tyndrum in the highlands between Glencoe and Loch Lomond
Will try to get some decent photos

#3555 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:42 am

:good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3556 Graks

Graks

sticking around

• 22 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 04 May 2019 - 03:44 pm

Cleaned up front sprocket housing and polished the silencers.

#3557 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:49 pm

Ridden it up Teesdale & back down Weardale this morning.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3558 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:27 pm

No.7 was running badly and would only idle on full choke and would stall if the throttle was touched so i removed the carbs. and puttem on the bench,  read the instructions on the can of carb. cleaner which states 'remove the air filter and start the boike,  apply part throttle and spray the carb. cleaner into the intake till the enjun starts to falter,  allow it to work fir a few minutes and repeat as necessary'.  

Guess i shudda tride dat first!  Well the carbs are off not so i may as well try to remove the top covers and the float bowls and have a look see. The bolts are very toight though so i'm trying to tap em' gentle loike inna bid to break the grip the threads have on the bolts.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3559 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:29 pm

JIS screwy fella and a bit o heat'll do it.....learned that after yeeeears of strippin'em and effin' an' bloindin'.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#3560 TDM900OZ

TDM900OZ

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:29 am

Washed all the weekend crap off it, gravel dust, cow shit and mud, an a good half that is from my " driveway" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users