• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Banditman

Banditman

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 23 March 2019 - 07:44 pm

Hi Chaps and Chapesses .... do we know if the 850 seat is the same as the 900?

My lardy ass has burst the seat cover and theres loads of choice for the 850 but not so much for the 9

Yours hopefully 🙏

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 23 March 2019 - 07:54 pm

All hope is lost. Snot the same. All mks have a diff seat
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:23 pm

900 seat covers are available

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#4 Banditman

Banditman

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:49 pm

I know, but they do a real nice two tone leather one for the 850 and its only £50 😭😭

#5 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:48 pm

Two tone leather for 50 quid ? Sure it's leather ? At that price it's likely to be faux leather - could be wrong.

Ask the company you have in mind if they will use your bike as a test mule / portfolio photo job to knock up a leather cover for the 900's, what's the worse they can say !

Edited by Gdogg, 25 March 2019 - 06:50 pm.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#6 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:30 pm

I know, but they do a real nice two tone leather one for the 850 and its only £50

Throw up a link :)

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#7 Banditman

Banditman

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:13 am

Slight mistake ... it’s £60 but it’s deffo leather and various colours ...check out ebay 350688581204

I’ve now bought a new seat for £70 so hopefully all is well

#8 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:12 am

The Cover in Question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users