#1 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

Knight of Postsalot

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 10 February 2024 - 01:14 pm

About 6 years ago I spent a day helping a friend set up his new shop. I'd been making racking and doing odd bits of diy wearing wholly inappropriate Acerbis motocross boots all day and my legs were aching.

On the hour ride home I felt something go ping in my right hip, later diagnosed as a femoroacetabular impingement. It meant I couldn't sit on even the most comfy of all the bikes (the TDM if you hadn't guessed), or stand still for more than a few minutes.

After a lot of physio and 2-mile lunchtime walks to strengthen it's all better, so today I pulled the cover off the old girl, charged up the battery and whaddya know, she started on the third try. Got some bits and pieces to do - fuel tap is leaky, back brake stopped working, and the obligatory oil and coolant change, but I'm so glad to be able to ride again. I'm looking forward to being a part of the Carpe fraternity again.

1996 TDM850 in Yellow, Motad Nexxus, MK1 bashplate, Acerbis handguards, K&N, Xenons, Aux lamps, Bluespot calipers, Renthal 755 bars, DIY panniers, JBX-inspired gear indicator.  (Currently not on the road.)

Bikes wot I have had and dun't have any more: 1983 Honda CB125TDC, 1976 Kawasaki S1C (early KH250 stroker triple), 1986 Honda VF500F2, 1992 Kawasaki KLE500.

#2 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 10 February 2024 - 01:45 pm

Glad you are better even if the exercise routine was a bit extreme ;)  ;) 

Summer days are calling :good:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,120 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 10 February 2024 - 02:03 pm

I'm looking forward to being a part of the Carpe fraternity again.

You always will be. Glad yar bacon board Capn. Xx
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,361 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 10 February 2024 - 02:36 pm

Good stuff, now get out and enjoy it (when the weather is nice).

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#5 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 10 February 2024 - 02:36 pm

If you like me are "nosey for knowledge", this is what you need

https://en.wikipedia...lar_impingement

May your progress continue CaptainSlow and welcome back to biking.

Edited by LAURENCEAUX, 10 February 2024 - 06:15 pm.

#6 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 10 February 2024 - 03:31 pm

Good news Daniel, maybe you’ve got faster while you’ve been away!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#7 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 10 February 2024 - 03:37 pm

If you like me you are "nosey for knowledge", this is what you need

https://en.wikipedia...lar_impingement

May your progress continue CaptainSlow and welcome back to biking.

Oh I certainly read everything I could find about it. Also a great youtube channel called Upright Health was very helpful.

Good news Daniel, maybe youve got faster while youve been away!

Extremely doubtful. Might change name to Captain Slower.

Edited by CaptainSlow, 10 February 2024 - 03:36 pm.

1996 TDM850 in Yellow, Motad Nexxus, MK1 bashplate, Acerbis handguards, K&N, Xenons, Aux lamps, Bluespot calipers, Renthal 755 bars, DIY panniers, JBX-inspired gear indicator.  (Currently not on the road.)

Bikes wot I have had and dun't have any more: 1983 Honda CB125TDC, 1976 Kawasaki S1C (early KH250 stroker triple), 1986 Honda VF500F2, 1992 Kawasaki KLE500.

#8 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,759 posts

Posted 10 February 2024 - 06:38 pm

glad you're on the mend and back to biking.
Nor been on mine since June last year, hopefully soon

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#9 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,446 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 February 2024 - 03:53 pm

Welcome back Daniel. Can still stick your head in if you or the bikes out of action. 

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#10 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 04:59 pm

I might have made the hip thing sound worse than it is - yes it was painful and extremely annoying, both for biking and for standing up as a gigging musician, but it's been fine for the last couple of years, and I've just been lacking motivation for biking. A friend recently bought one of those Piaggio 3-wheelers and I was so jealous of him I just had to get mine out.

In fact last weekend Trevini and I went to look at a rather nice VFR for sale. I wanted to love it, but it just didn't call to me. I went home, uncovered the TDM and said yes, THAT'S my baby.

#11 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,092 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 17 February 2024 - 05:49 pm

So many have left the TDM fold at great expense only to return years later
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#12 BarneyS

BarneyS

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 01 March 2024 - 09:51 pm

It's yellow mate.
It went E,S,E,S,A

#13 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 March 2024 - 10:52 am

An Anglian meet up would be nice Capt. Glad you're feeling good mate 👍

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#14 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,781 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 04 March 2024 - 10:58 am

An Anglian meet up would be nice Capt. Glad you're feeling good mate

Sounds like a plan. Happy to put something together for a little ride out.

Edited by trevini, 04 March 2024 - 11:06 am.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users