• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:41 am

Welcome enjoy your ride

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#1782 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:55 am

Hi and welcome to the club Chris.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1783 7inarow

7inarow

sticking around

• 24 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:30 pm

Thanks, it’s feels good to “official”

#1784 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:44 pm

Aye up and welcome aboard Chris..you won't be (too) sorry.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#1785 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,163 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:56 pm

Hi and welcome, good to have some new blood along , enjoy the bike and keep that rear linkage lubed !!  :huh: 

:welcome:  

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#1786 7inarow

7inarow

sticking around

• 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:52 pm

Hi and welcome, good to have some new blood along , enjoy the bike and keep that rear linkage lubed !!  :huh: 

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll add that to the ever growing list, once the weather breaks, because my old school prefab garage is a little snug and full of “stuff” I’ll get on with some maintenance/upgrades, any other pearls?

Cheers Chris

#1787 Datom

Datom

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:20 pm

Hello, Datom here.

I have just bought but not yet taken possession of a 2010 plate TDM 900.

I live in the far North East of Essex near Harwich. 

As UK folk will know we are in the first throws of a late winter blast of snow and although this may not herald the 'end of the world as we know it', it is, nevertheless not the weather for getting to know an unfamiliar bike. So it will stay with the previous owner until I can get a van to collect it.

I am almost, but not quite yet, seventy years old and I've been riding motorcycles for 56 years. There have been breaks for marriage and kids etc but generally I have had a bike tucked away somewhere. Usually a cheap old go to work rat bike but since I retired I've had a few nice ones. I have a Harley Fat Bob and a Burgman 650 scooter. I like bikes none are perfect but they're all better than walking.

I shall be asking for lots of advice and information and I look forward to getting know more about the bike than the handbook usually reveals.  

I particularly like the title of the Forum. 

bye for now

Datom

#1788 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,394 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:35 pm

Greetings Datom

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#1789 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:41 pm

Hello dare datom.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#1790 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:19 pm

Welcome Datom

There's a few of us out your way.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#1791 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:48 am

Welcome to the club Datom.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll add that to the ever growing list, once the weather breaks, because my old school prefab garage is a little snug and full of “stuff” I’ll get on with some maintenance/upgrades, any other pearls?

Cheers Chris

Make sure you have the correct chain slack. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1792 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,163 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:05 pm

:welcome: Good to have some more young blood on the forum Datom, roll on spring eh' !!

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#1793 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:06 pm

Hello from Scotland Datom !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#1794 PeterM91

PeterM91

seems to like Carpe

• 70 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:07 pm

Hi you all!
I'm sorry! I've totally missed this item so far. It's a bit hidden, so to speak  ;)

I'am Peter from the Netherlands and my wife and I are both riding a TDM900.

She was/is wiser than I am, because 10 years ago she started with a TDM850 and I with a Diversion XJ900.

Fortunately I am a fast learner, so 7 years ago I also bought a TDM900 and she traded her 850 for a 900.

We both haven't regretted the change for one moment!

Mine 900 is a bit older and with much more miles (115.000km) on it. But without any severe problems so far!

We both have visited your country several times: the south, Scotland a few years ago and last year Wales.

Sometimes we ride together but often with friends and like to criss-cross trough Europe.

Last years visit. A very slippery bridge somewhere in Wales:

Attached Files

Edited by PeterM91, 03 March 2018 - 11:42 pm.

#1795 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:42 pm

Hello dare Peter and welcome. Next time you are over we can organise cake with a little notice.

Definitely Wales. . Water above and below the bridge.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#1796 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:06 pm

Penmaenpool Toll bridge http://www.dailymail...et-350-000.html

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#1797 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:22 pm

Hi you all!
I'm sorry! I've totally missed this item so far. It's a bit hidden, so to speak  ;)

I'am Peter from the Netherlands and my wife and I are both riding a TDM900.

She was/is wiser than I am, because 10 years ago she started with a TDM850 and I with a Diversion XJ900.

Fortunately I am a fast learner, so 7 years ago I also bought a TDM900 and she traded her 850 for a 900.

We both haven't regretted the chance for one moment!

Mine 900 is a bit older and with much more miles (115.000km) on it. But without any severe problems so far!

We both have visited your country several times: the south, Scotland a few years ago and last year Wales.

Sometimes we ride together but often with friends and like to criss-cross trough Europe.

Last years visit. A very slippery bridge somewhere in Wales:

nice pub at the end too, king George.
The wife and I stayed in a cottage 100 meters from there. lovely area

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#1798 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:30 pm

Hi and welcome Peter. :)

#1799 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:55 pm

Welcome Peter! Nice to see another TDM couple out there. My husband and I both have 900s.
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#1800 PeterM91

PeterM91

seems to like Carpe

• 70 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:41 pm

Penmaenpool Toll bridge http://www.dailymail...et-350-000.html

A toll bridge indeed!

Actually a motorcyclist should be paid hazard money to cross the thing in heavy rain :rolleyes:

We found it extremely slippery :hide: and therefor missed the scenery, but managed without a crash :good: 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users