Photo
- - - - -

Defecting Slightly But Hopefully Still Welcome At Carpe Tdm...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 michaeldouglas72

michaeldouglas72

really likes Carpe

• 85 posts
  • TDM model: 1994

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:14 pm

Just bought a Honda Crossrunner...TDM is getting kept though! The Crossrunner is massively under-rated and a modern take on the TDM, pity Yamaha couldn't come up with something like it. My wee TDM ('94 3VD) has been getting a few miles on her, now up to 18k so I've decided to keep the bike as a second bike only to be used occassinally. For anybody looking for a bike I got £2,500 off the list price on the Honda which makes it pretty reasonable for the spec. Even after an hour long test ride on a brand new bike it was no hardship leaping back on the TDM, Yamaha were bang on the money way back then!

#2 Reverend3vd

Reverend3vd

sticking around

• 21 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:41 am

They are a nice bike.yam got there first in my oppinion.money well spent old chap :good:

#3 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:09 am

Good saving, enjoy.

Honda?  :punishment:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#4 Scurve

Scurve

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 174 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:42 am

Nice looking bike, V4 should pull well enough.

Good job your keeping the TDM though as I am sure you will see sense later !!!!!!! :jest: 

Scurve

#5 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:19 am

A friend of mine has one, and I looked at them recently before getting the 900. He puts silly miles on his and it appears to be rock solid.
Couriers are using them, perhaps that says something for their reliability and running costs?
They look very expensive to have an 'off'on though. IMHO they need some serious crash bars fitted.

Edited by TDMick, 15 August 2014 - 08:20 am.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:57 am

How double dare you! :)

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#7 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:04 am

Up to 18k??! Blimey...mine has nr 60k and I'm still using it everyday! Pulls like train, puts a smile on my face. Nuff said! 

#8 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:07 am

Makes perfect sense !  :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#9 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:07 am

I wasn't familiar with the cross runner until the perusal of this thread. Thoroughly enjoyed my mates VFR, exhaust note changed between 6 & 7 thou RPM and all of a sudden the motor got real rev hungry. At the time I thought TDM riding position & VFR handling & perfomance would be nice.

Enjoy OP, smart thinkin.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#10 Reverend3vd

Reverend3vd

sticking around

• 21 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:33 pm

i bet bmw will feel a slight drop in sales if more head would to try it out! mmmmm :punishment:

#11 michaeldouglas72

michaeldouglas72

really likes Carpe

• 85 posts
  • TDM model: 1994

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:36 pm

Just cleaned up my '94 and she's looking like a 12 month old bike, folks talk about Yamaha build quality but I think my TDM is unbelievably good. Didn't want the old girl to feel upstaged when this Honda effort turns up! I still say ACF50 is the best thing you can use to protect your bike, I use a paint brush to work it into all the nooks and crannies. It also takes chain oil off the back wheel, best you spray it on the sponge first instead of accidentally squirting the tyres!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users