Oafski

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 141 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:27 am

A couple of short films about Guy Martin on the Channel 4 website

http://www.channel4....e/episode-guide 

The second one about his Rolls Royce Merlin is brilliant.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

"Lags Droopfinger" The Biking Viking

OCD- Old Coffin Dodger

#2 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:27 am

How do I get to see it Down Under?   :rant:

After riding the Armoy track   :yeahbaby:   in July, I wanna see the air the boys with Big Kahuna's  get   :disbig:

Edited by masterbrewer, 21 August 2014 - 08:42 am.

#3 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:56 pm

He's a psychiatrist's wet dream

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#4 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:49 pm

oooh that merlin, virtually all hand made by men and women on manual lathes and millers, no cnc back then. Back when British engineering was truly great. They forgot to mention the Mosquito used two of these in a wooden plane that was faster than anything else at the time until jet engines, which apparently upset Hermann Goering a bit.

Quoted as saying:

In 1940 I could at least fly as far as Glasgow in most of my aircraft, but not now! It makes me furious when I see the Mosquito. I turn green and yellow with envy. The British, who can afford aluminium better than we can, knock together a beautiful wooden aircraft that every piano factory over there is building, and they give it a speed which they have now increased yet again. What do you make of that? There is nothing the British do not have. They have the geniuses and we have the nincompoops. After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked.

Edited by leehenty, 21 August 2014 - 08:02 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#5 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

• 927 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:27 pm

which apparently upset Hermann Goering a bit.

Quoted as saying:

After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked.

Pity he didn't survive long enough to sample the Austin Maestro.

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#6 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:19 am

Pity he didn't survive long enough to sample the Austin Maestro.

After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked.

They didn't come with a radio

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#7 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

• 927 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:35 am

They didn't come with a radio

Are you sure? What would the hapless driver do whilst waiting for the breakdown truck to arrive? Maybe "in-car entertainment" back then was a pack of cards in the glove box.

#8 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:30 pm

How do I get to see it Down Under?   :rant:

After riding the Armoy track   :yeahbaby:   in July, I wanna see the air the boys with Big Kahuna's  get   :disbig:

I have had limited success with http://www.expatshield.com/

Used to work on BBC i player, too. Not had a chance to try watching Guy Martin yet. Apparently it assigns a UK IP through Oxford University.

They also do a proxy for American sites, too. Based in Hawaii. Nothing worth watching on M'erckan TV IMHO, though.

If your connection is not the fastest it can be slooooow.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#9 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:39 am

Thanks hk, but how do I find Guy Martin movies?? :help:  

#10 Oafski

Oafski

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 141 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:11 am

Thanks hk, but how do I find Guy Martin movies?? :help:  

Hi MB, Have tried to PM you but message says you cannot accept any more messages,if the link in my original post doesn't work for you but you can get onto Channel 4s website then click the box marked Shorts on the homepage and that will take you to it. The Armoy races are on 4od. 

Edited by Oafski, 23 August 2014 - 10:18 am.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

"Lags Droopfinger" The Biking Viking

OCD- Old Coffin Dodger

#11 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:37 am

Hi MB, Have tried to PM you but message says you cannot accept any more messages,if the link in my original post doesn't work for you but you can get onto Channel 4s website then click the box marked Shorts on the homepage and that will take you to it. The Armoy races are on 4od. 

Thanks for trying. I've sorted the pm problem.

I finally got the videos working. Is there a way to save them on my computer or share with other forums?

Cheers

Edited by masterbrewer, 23 August 2014 - 10:56 am.

#12 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:18 am

Thanks for trying. I've sorted the pm problem.

I finally got the videos working. Is there a way to save them on my computer or share with other forums?

Cheers

Please share. My PM box is prolly empty. :sorry:

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#13 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:56 pm

Please share. My PM box is prolly empty. :sorry:

Sorry for delay in replying, injured my back at work  :rant:   and been placed on WorkcoverSA for 3 months. Might get a chance to do my ride report now. :ambusy:

I down loaded http://www.expatshield.com/  waited til it connected then clicked http://www.channel4....-road-races/4od

Can't avoid the adverts though.

Just remember to disconnect to expatshield or your emails won't work.

Cheers

#14 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:31 pm

Good stuff MB. Those proxys can be a bit hit and miss.

Get well soon.

#15 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:19 pm

Thanks

I forgot to mention I was able to download the 2014 Ulster GP from BBC iplayer too.  ........ magic racing, unfortunately it only stays available for a short time.

#16 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:14 am

Thanks

I forgot to mention I was able to download the 2014 Ulster GP from BBC iplayer too.  ........ magic racing, unfortunately it only stays available for a short time.

iplayer? Good stuff. Best TV on the webs.

Watched quite a lot of the Ulster GP on youtube.. Yet again, fist in mouth. Road racing blows my mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users