5 replies to this topic

#1 Dibbster

Dibbster

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:15 pm

Hi folks,

Thanks for having me on board, I'm a new member to Carpe TDM with a new ('10) TDM 900.

Buying the TDM was a cost saving exercise as I had a 2008 R1200GS which was costing me a fortune to run, and I have to say I'm absolutely blown away by the TDM so far and have honestly never really looked back. Definitely one of the best decisions I've made.

My bike has had a centre stand fitted - which was important to me as I have a turn-table in my shed allowing me to rate my bike 180° thus facing forwards out for the next outing.

So I recently bought some aftermarket Black Widow exhaust cans which were due to be fitted today during it's service and I have to admit I was a little childishly excited.

Until my mechanic called me an hour ago, and explained that the current Yamaha exhaust system has bracket which stops the centre stand bashing the exhausts on it's way up, and from rubbing on the chain, which the new aftermarket cans don't have.

So I'm now returning the cans  :sorry: 

Does anyone have any advice please?

Has anyone experience the same issue and found a workaround? or maybe even found a custom exhaust which works fine etc etc.

I couldn't see anything on this topic on the forums but if I missed something please let me know.

I'd be most grateful if anyone can help, please!

Thank You   :good: 

Mat.

Edited by Dibbster, 18 September 2020 - 12:21 pm.

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 18 September 2020 - 02:30 pm

Hello and welcome aboard Mat.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help with your query. It has been discussed before somewhere on here.

EDIT:  Have a look here Mat.  http://www.carpe-tdm...and#entry343969

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 04:12 pm

Welcome, and thanks for saying hello and introducing yourself before your query - many dont!
I had delkevic pipes on my bike when I bought it and when I fitted a centrestand it flopped about all over the place, I put the Scorpion pipes on from my previous bike and have no problem, even though theres no stop fitted, Catsbum fitted the Delkevics to his bike and doesnt seem to have a problem with the centrestand, so Ive not really helped much have I?
Had your mechanic fitted the pipe to see if it was ok or not?

Edited by chrisr, 18 September 2020 - 04:14 pm.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#4 Dibbster

Dibbster

arrived on last train

• 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:38 pm

Welcome, and thanks for saying hello and introducing yourself before your query - many dont!
I had delkevic pipes on my bike when I bought it and when I fitted a centrestand it flopped about all over the place, I put the Scorpion pipes on from my previous bike and have no problem, even though theres no stop fitted, Catsbum fitted the Delkevics to his bike and doesnt seem to have a problem with the centrestand, so Ive not really helped much have I?
Had your mechanic fitted the pipe to see if it was ok or not?

Hello chrisr, and thanks for your advice - I'm all sorted now, having researched it some more I like you fitted Delkevics which came with a bump-stop as standard. All is well and the pipes sound ACE.  :good:

Hello and welcome aboard Mat.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help with your query. It has been discussed before somewhere on here.

EDIT:  Have a look here Mat.  http://www.carpe-tdm...and#entry343969

Hi - sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the link it came in very handy! I've now fitted Delkevics which came with a bump-stop as standard. Even with the baffles in they make me smile every ride  :lol:

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:44 pm

Great sound with aftermarket cans, enjoy.  :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:58 pm

Well done, glad you got it sorted.

Now abouts this turntable, any more details? Homemade or a bought one?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exhausts, centre stand, exhaust bracket

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users