8 replies to this topic

#1 RobinHood

RobinHood

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 119 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:13 pm

Just rode from Brighton to Ruthin. Lovely bimble at a steady pace with a friend who takes it easier than I normally do. Just got 65.54mpg and feeling smug about it. Not bad for an 02 9er with 52k on the clock. And the roads to the Ponderosa are stunning

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:27 pm

Me rellies live in Ruthin!! Ewe was lucky to get oot alive. That's some good pootlin.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:31 pm

And the roads to the Ponderosa are stunning[/quote]

They are indeed. Unfortunately the whole area is now blanketed with average speed cameras at 50 mph. At least the French authorities had the balls to publicise the upcoming 80 kph national limit unlike here where we are seeing a stealth based introduction of the same thing. My favourite evening run is 70 miles A49 down to Whitchurch and back. Over the last 3 years I'd estimate 50 - 60 % of the run is now 30 - 40 or 50 mph. I generally respect the 30 and 40 and run the gauntlet elsewhere. Either that or pack up riding.......or decamp to Spain..

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:41 pm

I hope you went on to Cerrigiddion (spelling) and down the Denbigh moors, even better than the Ponderosa roads....

Daps tell em to expect me for tea and cake as i'm always passing through :D

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:43 pm

Robin, if you are just bimbling aimlessly crack off through Bala - Dolgellau - Machynlleth and down to Aberystwyth. Kite feeding station (3 p.m.) on A44 is worth calling in to. Dolphins regularly viewed from harbour wall at New Quay too.....Just suggesting in case you're mooching about unplanned as I tend to...

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:53 pm

Daps tell em to expect me for tea and cake as i'm always passing through :D

They do good cakey and the best tea. Thems all lives next to each other in a tribe! Used to be an excellent base for exploring and trips to oireland. Not beed up dare for a long while now.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#7 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:00 pm

Your right, it's a crackin starting point, normally i pass through down from the Ponderosa and tank up in Ruthin, make a visit and let us know when your up..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 Hombre

Hombre

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:09 pm

Mother used to live there.  One trip up through Chepstow way on ZZR, thought the missus was quiet on the back, turned around to talk and she was fast asleep!

<p>BSA C15T, Ducati 200 Elite, Villiers Cub Trials Bitsa, Ariel Huntmaster, AJS 650 CSR, Sunbeam S7, Suzuki 650 Katana, Honda 400-4, Bultaco 350 Sherpa, Cotton Minarelli, Fantic 303, Yamaha SRX 400, Yamaha 550 Virago, Kawasaki ZZR 1100,  Fantic 305, Yamaha TDM 850 '91, Yamaha TDM 900 '04.  Ducati 200 Elite (again and now completed restoration), Yamaha SRX-600

#9 DavG

DavG

discovering Carpe

• 19 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:50 pm

Went round the Peak District Saturday 235miles on a tank 3.5litres still left in it when I got home.. works out 65.5 mpg, 05 9er with 67.5k on the clock and yes I felt smug as well lol...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users