#1 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:55 pm

I'm planning this http://www.aviemore-....com/rooms.html for the weekend beginning Friday 4th September. Before I start booking things I need to gauge the interest from you scabby lot tongue.gif excl.gif People who have been before will confirm that the roads are great and that Aviemore has good eating and drinking dens. So over to you my two wheeled compadres...let me know if you're interested.
Beware the whitevanman!

#2 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:20 pm

love to go but looks like we are doing our 30th anniversary celebration that weekend

domestic negotiations have been very direct and rapid (!!) and final

aviemore is a terrifc area and sure it will be great

earlier or later could be OK

pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#3 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:07 pm

QUOTE(petekelly7 @ Fri 16th Jan 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
earlier or later could be OK

pete

A week or two later wouldn't be a problem to me. I chose the first weekend of September as it starts to get a little cooler in the Highlands earlier than it does down south.

Beware the whitevanman!

#4 fatchap

fatchap

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Location:Sunny Blackpool The FORMER home of Premier League Football
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:24 pm

QUOTE(Nanook @ Fri 16th Jan 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A week or two later wouldn't be a problem to me. I chose the first weekend of September as it starts to get a little cooler in the Highlands earlier than it does down south.

This sounds good Nanook, I have checked their website, and am well impressed. Will you be doing a joint booking for everyone? If so, when and how will we pay you? Are the prices set in stone, or may there be a discount for a group booking?
Keep us all posted!

#5 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:31 pm

sept = good.gif except for 12/13th

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#6 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:33 pm

Up for it - snorer and farter - /non snorer and non farter rooms again?

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#7 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:36 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Fri 16th Jan 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

funny how when we got back from the pub the loudest snores were coming from the 'nonsnorer' room laugh.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:45 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Fri 16th Jan 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chop yer'sen in half or zummat yer stainky arse?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#9 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:17 pm

QUOTE(fatchap @ Fri 16th Jan 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This sounds good Nanook, I have checked their website, and am well impressed. Will you be doing a joint booking for everyone? If so, when and how will we pay you? Are the prices set in stone, or may there be a discount for a group booking?
Keep us all posted!

Knowing the owner of the bunkhouse I very much doubt that we would get a special rate - even though he's a biker! As soon as I get enough peeps making a commitment I'll do the booking for everyone. SO come on you LOT!

Beware the whitevanman!

#10 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:59 pm

I'm up for this Joe. What's the weather going to be like up there in September though - Aviemore is almost in the Arctic Circle!

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#11 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:16 pm

QUOTE(Matlock @ Fri 16th Jan 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm up for this Joe. What's the weather going to be like up there in September though - Aviemore is almost in the Arctic Circle!

It's a long way from Kerry Joe. Early September would suit as the longer days give me more chance of a day each way getting there and home. The last one in Bellingham late in September was difficult enough.

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#12 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:24 am

That bunkhouse looks great,

The start of September would suit me better Joe,

Its only 170 miles from Troon so count me in,

Just have to be nice to SWMBO rotflmmfao.gif

#13 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:10 pm

Remember and get those shoulders relaxed before then Paddy - we'll be watching dry.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#14 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:07 am

QUOTE(Matlock @ Fri 16th Jan 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Weather is usually good but it can't be guaranteed excl.gif But of course....a bit of weather shouldn't deter a TDM rider tongue.gif
Beware the whitevanman!

#15 GrahamI

GrahamI

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:08 am

Blimey, that is a way oop norf, Google maps reckons on 530 miles to get there - and over 9 hours!!

I think I am a maybe on this one, see how things go work wise this year (contract is up next month)

Graham

Blue 2003 900 on 04 plate, Kappa Wingrack and side cases, Givi Maxia top box, Renthal 755 bars, Oxford heated grips, KTM handguards, centre stand, fender extender, Scottoiler Touring, 12volt socket

#16 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:59 am

oil be dare.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#17 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:00 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Wed 21st Jan 2009, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oil be dare.

Oh no! shocked.gif shocked.gif shocked.gif

Beware the whitevanman!

#18 Hawmaw

Hawmaw

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 933 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:50 pm

If it's the weekend begining the 4th or the following weekend begining the 11th I'm a definite YES !
If it's after that I'm afraid I'll be a no due to work.

Now : Nowt
Then : Yamaha TDM850 4TX , Suzuki GSF1200N Bandit , Yamaha TDM850 3VD , Yamaha 600 Fazer , Suzuki GSXR750G , Honda CB1100F , BMW R75/5 , Yamaha RD250E , Yamaha XS250 , Kawasaki Z250C , Lambretta GP150 , Vespa 150 Super

#19 DKM AUTOS

DKM AUTOS

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:43 pm

Joe,

I'll be there for sure (if im still allowed an 'all - traitor etc etc).

For me, the weekend beginning the 4th would be ideal but i can make almost any date.

Thanks, Dave

BTW, Sandy on the lava red 900 at bellingham would probably come to - that ok too?
2009 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure - ABS / TCS / TPS / ESA / ASC ' The Beast!'

1986 BMW K 100 RT - For sale!!

WWW.BIKETEC-MOTORCYCLE-TRAINING.CO.UK

#20 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:29 pm

I'll be there barring disasters. Thanks for organising again Joe. tup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic