Photo

East Anglian G2g Friday/saturday 11th/12th May 2012

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you be attending

Please only vote when you are certain so we can get a good idea of numbers

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:17 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Thu 19th Jan 2012, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm hopefully up for this, and if so will be camping, but can't commit until I know I dates for some work stuff that'll mean being away for a few weekends.

Bit of the same from me to.... but I am hoping to go,and camping is a must for me

Dave

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#22 copey

copey

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 113 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:38 am

I'm in for this and will be camping good.gif .

When you decide on which campsite, i'll book it for the Friday night as well so i can have a steady trundle over Friday afternoon, then an easy Saturday morning watching/helping others pitch their tents.

Regards Dave

#23 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,312 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:45 pm

It would seem only 4 of us wanna camp so i will make enquiries as to booking pitches and stuff

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

#24 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:35 pm

QUOTE(Moose @ Tue 31st Jan 2012, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would seem only 4 of us wanna camp so i will make enquiries as to booking pitches and stuff

I've been hanging off confirming, but I'm 90% certain that I will be joining you and will definitely be camping. I also intend coming on Friday afternoon and will probably bring the bike on the back of the car as I have no racks on my bike. Will mean I can bring my big tent and cooking gear.
AliG

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#25 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:16 pm

I would be camping too, but will not be able to confirm till nearer the time.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#26 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:01 am

No problem, i'll let him know that there might be more confirming later on and i'm sure he'll reserve us some extra pitches.

If not we can all pile into Ali's rotflmmfao.gif

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

#27 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:18 am

So where are you lot camping then??

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#28 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:45 am

Hi
I'm another "definite maybe" for this, camping if the wqether is nice rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Nick
Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.

#29 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:15 pm

Sorry been a bit pre occupied lately but yhis week i will provisionally book 6 pitches for camping and will confirm site when i can so JG can do his route planning

#30 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:09 am

6 pitches booked at The Willows Campsite at a price of £6.50 + £1.50 per adult or £1 per child aged 2-12.

If anyone requires an electric hook up please let me know asap

The bloke has asked for a £20 deposit so i will send that off to him today so please don't let me down if you are saying you're camping

Over to JG to plan the route now then

Moose

#31 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:08 am

QUOTE(Moose @ Mon 5th Mar 2012, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
6 pitches booked at The Willows Campsite at a price of £6.50 + £1.50 per adult or £1 per child aged 2-12.

Too and from or just too the camp site???

How far for the race ride??

I'm now a carbon whore!

#32 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:31 pm

Ooooh errrrrm, about 150-160 to the chequered flag end ?

Depending on how many times we have to stop for you to fill up JG tongue.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#33 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:33 pm

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Mon 5th Mar 2012, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooooh errrrrm, about 150-160 to the chequered flag end ?

Depending on how many times we have to stop for you to fill up JG tongue.gif

Well riding with you Studders I'll never be off 1/4 throttle in 2nd I reckon rotflmmfao.gif

But I'll just keep opening it up snarling beast then standing on the Brembo's and making the Ohlins go 'Oooweeee'.......

I'm now a carbon whore!

#34 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:40 pm

QUOTE(Moose @ Mon 5th Mar 2012, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If anyone requires an electric hook up please let me know asap

The bloke has asked for a £20 deposit so i will send that off to him today so please don't let me down if you are saying you're camping

Over to JG to plan the route now then

Moose

I'm a definite for this Moose. Do you want some dosh for the deposit? I'm gonna contact the campsite and will book in for the Friday night too. I've got the Friday afternoon off work and will take all my camping gear in the car with the bike on the back. Judging by the banter from Studders and JG, I'll need to keep the weight down on the bike to keep up. I'll have had plenty of time to get used to the FZ by then. It goes for an MOT this week once I've bled the front brakes and it's all systems go.
Will speak to you nearer the time about food, etc. Will bring a cool box for the BBQ stuff in case of blistering hot weather, ha ha.
Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#35 copey

copey

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:43 pm

Many thanks Moose. Do you want any dosh sent over to you ?

Im going on the Friday too, so will contact the site and book it.

Let me know what we need to do for food and drink please.

Ali, i'll see you on the Friday drinks.gif

#36 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:51 pm

Start and finish at the campsite JG, Not too early either so as to give people time to get there and pitch up before the ride.
The blokes name at The Willows is Lee and an ex RD200 owner, he seems quite pleased to have us there.
As for keeping up, if JG does his bit right then we wont have to ride stupid and just meet up if we dont keep the pace of the snarling beast

If you translate that into real terms that mean when the Italian Steed throws a wobbler, we can pass Ian and then he can race to catch us and then put it together again while we get going and so on rotflmmfao.gif

I wanna enjoy the ride so for one wont be racing unsure.gif

As for deposit, if you would like to send any in advance to help out feel free and i'll keep a note of who does and knock it off their bill

PayPal as a gift to moose.cfc@sky.com

Are you taking a bbq Ali?

#37 copey

copey

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:02 pm

Moose, £8 paypal'd over to you. If i've readit correctly thats, £6.50 plus £1.50 per adult ?

And if we're bbq'ing i dont mind cooking, i used to do it for a living many years ago.

Dave

#38 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:40 pm

Sorted, Chef Copey in the house :goog:

#39 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:57 am

Good to see Masterbarbiechef Copey steppin' up to the plate, pun intended ! clapping.gif

Can I just clarify, the racing banter is only banter and that no racing will be undertaken on the rideout.

As I'm sure most are aware, we could all be in serious trouble if the worst happened and we were found to be participating in a race. I also wanna enjoy the rideout, and eat cake along the way !

This has nothing to do with the fact that JG is a faster rider than moi, and also has a faster mokeyboike than wot I have smile.gif

Any ideas on when and how we get the food to the campsite ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#40 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:13 am

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Tue 6th Mar 2012, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any ideas on when and how we get the food to the campsite ?

You would normally take it with you, but if JG is that quick maybe he could get it as needed. rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users