Sunday

#22 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:14 pm

Any day is fine for me, but I'll bid on Sunday.

#23 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:39 pm

I could be game, Sunday over Sat iirc ( need double check dairy)
Have carbtunes, so can dig those it
Motor has to be stone cold to check valve clearances, so if you ridden there it's a no no IMHO
Know I not been around these parts much at all of late... Ali you got a new steed!?

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#24 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:26 pm

Motor has to be stone cold to check valve clearances, so if you ridden there it's a no no IMHO
Know I not been around these parts much at all of late... Ali you got a new steed!?

Probably 2 since we last spoke, but the FZ has gone and I just got a MK 2 in silver. Rode it yesterday for the first time and I am delighted with it. Haven't identified any issues yet but I now need to embark on the 850 learning curve.
Majority seem to have elected for Sunday so it is official - SUNDAY 24th MARCH.
Will PM my details to those who have expressed a hopw to attend.
Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#25 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:42 pm

Just tried to send you a PM but got message to say you couldn't receive any?? Too many messages in your inbox?
Ali

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#26 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:33 pm

What about after an oil change and being left for an hour or so?

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#27 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:14 pm

I could be up for this. Mind you haven't got anything to do as such!

Could always bake a cake and bring that. Be a good excuse.

#28 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:16 pm

Yamaha dealer checked mine on the same day.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#29 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:28 pm

Hmm ,dunno Ali, emptied a bunch a few months ago, but this new fangled site thingy is still showing the deleted messages??
Email me off site

Studley there are few variables that would /wouldn't allow you to do oil & clearances at same time
Warm up motor, drain oil, then leave several hours before checking clearances fair enough.
Ride bike >30-40 miles to a fettle day hoping it'll cool down enough... Nah.
Plus personally am not a fan of stripping a visiting bikes top end to check clearances & if person has to ride home, too many things to go pear shaped
Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#30 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:32 pm

Sunday OK

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#31 Frajt

Frajt

Lost at Sea

• PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:33 pm

Majority seem to have elected for Sunday so it is official - SUNDAY 24th MARCH.

Sunday 24th is good for me..... see you all there....... :-))
At risk of doing something exciting!

#32 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:48 pm

That's in my calender

#33 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:11 pm

Hmm ,dunno Ali, emptied a bunch a few months ago, but this new fangled site thingy is still showing the deleted messages??
Email me off site

Studley there are few variables that would /wouldn't allow you to do oil & clearances at same time
Warm up motor, drain oil, then leave several hours before checking clearances fair enough.
Ride bike >30-40 miles to a fettle day hoping it'll cool down enough... Nah.
Plus personally am not a fan of stripping a visiting bikes top end to check clearances & if person has to ride home, too many things to go pear shaped

The posts thing might be related to your sportin' membership expiring as members don't get to store as many pm's as sportin' members do.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#34 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:25 pm

WTF is a Sporting Member. Where did that one spring from?

#35 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:30 pm

So ... Err.... Someone want tell me when my supporting membership expired then??

Given that I been a supporting member since 2006...

PM about any renewal requirements when it expired woulda been nice

Edited by jht, 04 February 2013 - 04:33 pm.

#36 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:17 pm

what's the matter with the divvy ?

Bits and bobs and I couldn't get near it with the monster of a beemer in the garage. Should be a lot easier now that I only have an 850 to move. Needs a back tyre, chain, rear caliper and a sprocket carrier bearing. I've got the tyre and chain but have struggled to find a caliper. When it runs, it has a rattle that sounds like valves (not the usual divvy rattle). I hope to have it running by the time the fettle day comes round so someone can give me a diagnosis.
Cheers
Ali

#37 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:44 pm

WTF is a Sporting Member. Where did that one spring from?

Just shorthand for Supporting Member...
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#38 Doggy

Doggy

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:47 pm

Sunday good for me, see you all there. Will get me daughter to do a cake.

#39 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:28 pm

Will get me daughter to do a cake.

Cheat!!! ;)

#40 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:47 pm

I cannot see a motor being cold enough after being ridden there to get very accurate valve clearance readings from it given the head is made of alloy.
Service ok no worries, but to get the top off, the coolant and radiator has to come out and that ikcle bolt that holds the metal coolant tube in the cam cover can sometimes be very stubborn.

Sunday 24th March it is then.

Nothing he just wants some eggs thrown at him!

I meant the Yamaha Divvy ! Got a package for you Cats to go to Limbo on the Motoranis tour. Give it to you on the day.

Edited by leehenty, 04 February 2013 - 08:44 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users