• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:40 pm

"Did you pack this pannier yourself sir?"

"Er..."
Posted Image

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#43 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:01 pm

WTF is a Sporting Member. Where did that one spring from?

So ... Err.... Someone want tell me when my supporting membership expired then??

Given that I been a supporting member since 2006...

PM about any renewal requirements when it expired woulda been nice

FFS appreciative lot aren't ya ! :rolleyes:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#44 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:06 pm

Not been round 'ere much of late, hadn't seen supporting post in Admin bit until after i posted here...

(then i discovered I can't edit me posts on a ferkin' appley pad, so couldn't modifiy prev post until near pc now)
Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#45 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:08 pm

Think I have it now.

Sporting Member

Standard Member

Mushroom Member

#46 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:15 pm

Try looking at Daplebs sig. He's referenced a sportin member there for the past 6-7yrs.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#47 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:25 pm

I cannot see a motor being cold enough after being ridden there to get very accurate valve clearance readings from it given the head is made of alloy.
Service ok no worries, but to get the top off, the coolant and radiator has to come out and that ikcle bolt that holds the metal coolant tube in the cam cover can sometimes be very stubborn.

Shame. I've only got a 6 or 7 mile ride over to Chesham. Anyway, some injection balancing would be nice.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#48 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:08 am

push it there then :hide:

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#49 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:23 am

Shame. I've only got a 6 or 7 mile ride over to Chesham. Anyway, some injection balancing would be nice.

Frajt and Muddy both wanted valves done and you're both quite close. How about bringing the bikes over on Saturday afternoon and I can run you back and get you in the morning? Lee, is it feasible to do 2 valve checks on the same day? I've no idea on the timing never having done one.
Ali

Edited by AliG, 05 February 2013 - 09:24 am.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#50 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:48 am

Hope to nip over, just to meet really. Ali are you on that steep hill? If so, better bring a couple of bricks................

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#51 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:12 pm

Hope to nip over, just to meet really. Ali are you on that steep hill? If so, better bring a couple of bricks................

No Ian, I'm further up Chartridge Lane on the flat, but you're right. There are a lot of hills in Chesham. It sits in the valley and you have to go up a hill to get out in virtually every direction. I'll PM you my details.
Ali

Edited by AliG, 05 February 2013 - 01:12 pm.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#52 jlmtdm

jlmtdm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:06 pm

Looks like it will be a good meet up sunday should be fine for me too sounds likes loadsa cakes coming too.

#53 Frajt

Frajt

Lost at Sea

• PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:20 pm

Frajt and Muddy both wanted valves done and you're both quite close. How about bringing the bikes over on Saturday afternoon.......

Sounds like a plan...... let's confirm closer to the day if the general consensus turns out to be that we can get them done? As for transport...... I can get my friendly baker (shortbread is her speciality!!) to pick me up and drop me over on Sunday morning......

Frank
At risk of doing something exciting!

#54 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:29 pm

Frank
Bring a big Map of France

We can do some planning for April

Cats

#55 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:51 pm

(then i discovered I can't edit me posts on a ferkin' appley pad,

Why not J? I can do on mine.

Just like this ;)

Edited by Matt101, 05 February 2013 - 07:52 pm.

#56 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:29 pm

No Ian, I'm further up Chartridge Lane on the flat, but you're right. There are a lot of hills in Chesham. It sits in the valley and you have to go up a hill to get out in virtually every direction. I'll PM you my details.
Ali

I could do that. It would be a shame to miss out on all that expertise and I'd really like to get those clearances checked. Rather than put you out though Ali, I'll ask me mate to pick me up me up. Failing that I could always bring it early and go to church or something :rolleyes:

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#57 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:03 pm

Why not J? I can do on mine.

Just like this ;)

Dunno? Is it coz I is fik? ;-)

Hammer & spanner I be ok, computrickers not so
Will av a fiddle & see

Ahhh I see, like that!!

See I learnt something new today

Edited by jht, 05 February 2013 - 09:12 pm.

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#58 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:59 am

Sorry Ali I'd love to come but am busy that weekend, will hopefully catch up with everyone soon ...

Cheers, SL
Now on 9er number 2 .....

#59 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:22 pm

Jolly is never happy unless throwing something at someone

Lee, no worries. I am now a Mule...

It's just motorcycle parts Officer, honest...

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#60 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:49 pm

It's just motorcycle parts Officer, honest...

And then he hears the snap of latex gloves...

Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users