• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:05 pm

http://www.mceinsura...e-insurance.php

Hi Kym. Tried MCE?

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#42 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:43 am

I've got some reading to do, especially looking for the fine print that says, not available to foreigners .

But your not foreign ,,,,, your Australian :-)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#43 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:08 am

But your not foreign ,,,,, your Australian :-)

Maybe they have seen my ride reports  :rotflmmfao:

Signed

"The Wild Colonial Boy"  :good: 

Plans are all falling into place, slowly but surely     :banana:

Edited by masterbrewer, 20 November 2013 - 09:31 am.

#44 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:11 pm

Someone mentioned summer traffic on another thread, what am I likely to expect i.e. average speeds, traffic hold ups etc. on; 

Welsh Roads

The Lakes District

Northern Scotland/Isle of Skye etc

Will it take the fun out of riding?

#45 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:36 pm

Nah !  Keep off the A roads & you'll be fine

Some roads to the coast do get congested at weekends, but plan your itinery right & you'll have no trouble  :good:

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#46 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:24 pm

The lakes can be slowish, but you won't want to be doing 60 anyway as the sights are what it's all about no so much the roads in the lakes.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#47 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:03 pm

http://www.mceinsura...e-insurance.php

Hi Kym. Tried MCE?

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we can’t cover you as you’re not a resident in the UK.

Kind Regards, MCE Customer Service Tel: 0871 222 79 20 | Fax: 0844 338 69 90"

Thanks for the reference, though  Pict :good: 

Edited by masterbrewer, 21 November 2013 - 10:17 pm.

#48 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:15 pm

MB this looks helpful, well initially at least, maybe it will help...linky

"Thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have an underwriter for our short term Motorbike cover.

When this changes we will notify our customers via the Dayinsure.com website.

Thank you for your interest in our services.
It would be appreciated if you could complete the
satisfaction survey at the end of this email and please feel free to offer
suggestions as to how we can improve our product
, website and service. 
    :rotflmmfao:  
Kind regards, Sophie Meehan Customer Service dayinsure.com Ltd
Tel:  0845 4506615"

Thanks for your suggestion dablik :good:

Still waiting further responses from other insurance companies.

Edited by masterbrewer, 21 November 2013 - 10:18 pm.

#49 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:27 pm

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we cant cover you as youre not a resident in the UK.
Kind Regards, MCE Customer Service Tel: 0871 222 79 20 | Fax: 0844 338 69 90"

Thanks for the reference, though  Pict :good: 

Bummer - the girl I spoke to on the phone thought it would be OK.

I'll check with the Ulysses crowd - I've just remembered a couple from Oz came touring on a UK-rented bike about a month ago.

Edited by Pict, 22 November 2013 - 01:03 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#50 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:46 pm

Bummer - the girl I spoke to on the phone thought it would be OK.

I'll check with the Ulysses crowd - I've just remembered a couple from Oz came touring on a UK-rented bike about a month ago.

Don't bother contacting them Pict, they've been working on it for me too with promising, not definite results so far.

#51 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:25 am

Reporting Planning Progress.

Tentative route plans up to my mate's place next to the Benrinnes Distillery (hopefully he'll have the plumbing across the road fixed to his house by the time I arrive  :groucho: ) are being generously fine tuned by Sidestand    :wub:   and I welcome company on the ride either for a day or several and/or any suggestions along the way at any time.  :welcome: and I'm even keen just to follow   ;)

https://maps.google....,7,9,10&t=h&z=6

Priorities are riding the Isle of Mann TT Course and the North West 200 tracks, the Peake District & if time the Lakes District.

Also hoping to ride some of these roads along the way, as suggested by RS on this thread Yorkshire June G2G during the first week in July after picking up the TDM from Sidestand.

OK Guys, a final bump to the top for this before booking closes on the 22nd April, and some thoughts on ride outs.
1 Includes good café/cake stops and the Highest pub in England at Tan Hill .http://goo.gl/maps/3SBVj
2. A longer day out 200+ miles to Hartside café and then a decision of faster route home or more twisties
http://goo.gl/maps/QJ17G
Please feel free to add your own Ideas/maps and we can take a vote on the day and pray for the weather to be kind.
P.S. ignore the triangle C to D on map 2, I couldn't get it to take the unclassified road !  :)

I'll try for a couple of days off to have a spin with you Kym - as long as you don't mind riding along with a BM   ;)

Getting close now   :yeahbaby:

Edited by masterbrewer, 26 April 2014 - 06:09 am.

#52 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:33 am

I'm close to Aviemore which is not far from the Benrinnes Distillery so if you want a guide for the Highlands I'm your man.  PM me for my mobile number if you want. :)  

Beware the whitevanman!

#53 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:28 pm

if you want a guide for the Highlands I'm your man. 

:wifgeni: #

Remember frequent chicken of 850 oil reqd on NOTN guided missiles...err I mean tours.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#54 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:55 pm

Studley reckons the Mk2A don't use no oil  :good:

Anyway, need a couple more weekends on my house extension, then we're going to get her in touring kit.

Studley is going to give her a service.

Then got to fit:

luggage rack I got from Ramo - that will take my 60 litre BMW tailback -for tent & sleeping bag

QD  SW Motech pannier racks

Motech engine bars

MRA vario screen

1150 GS handguards to keep the rain off (well Kym IS going to IOM & Norn Ireland )  :lol:

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
another '81 XT250
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#55 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:23 pm

SR aint been on a NOTN tour though :lol: . I would def check it regularly still as alot will depend on a rider/environment aswell as boike.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#56 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:45 pm

I'm close to Aviemore which is not far from the Benrinnes Distillery so if you want a guide for the Highlands I'm your man.  PM me for my mobile number if you want. :)

Pm sent

:wifgeni: #
 Remember frequent chicken of 850 oil reqd on NOTN guided missiles...err I mean tours.

At my age I have to stop frequently for other reasons, so chickn another dip stick won't be a problem.

By the way what is a NOTN Tour?

Cheers

Anyway, need a couple more weekends on my house extension, then we're going to get her in touring kit.
Studley is going to give her a service.
Then got to fit:
luggage rack I got from Ramo - that will take my 60 litre BMW tailback -for tent & sleeping bag
QD  SW Motech pannier racks
 Motech engine bars
MRA vario screen
1150 GS handguards to keep the rain off (well Kym IS going to IOM & Norn Ireland )  :lol:

I'm definitely humbled by the work you are doing on the bike Mick & SR, thank you guys. Does it have heated grips too ?

Edited by masterbrewer, 26 April 2014 - 10:46 pm.

#57 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:55 pm

At my age I have to stop frequently for other reasons, so chickn another dip stick won't be a problem.

:lol: 

By the way what is a NOTN Tour?

Nanook Of The North Tour or NOTNT ....or NO TNT .....though it will be dynamite. :)

#58 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:57 am

Heated grips ?  :rotflmmfao:  Don't worry Kym, it's got handguards.

Think I'll put some algae mating tape on the HT leads when I service her, seeing as you'll be visiting the lakes.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#59 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:07 am

Heated grips ?  :rotflmmfao:  Don't worry Kym, it's got handguards.

Think I'll put some algae mating tape on the HT leads when I service her, seeing as you'll be visiting the lakes.

Don't mock heated grips sir! With the handguards I used to ride through the winter with summer gloves...that is until I moved to Aviemore where we have REAL winters and it's sodding cold :(

Beware the whitevanman!

#60 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:47 am

Don't think you'll need the heated grips Kym - you ARE going in July, remember ..........you'll just need a couple of gallons of midge repellent  ;)

another '81 XT250

BMW K1300R

BMW S1000XR in white 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users