Photo

September G2g 2007

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#341 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:22 pm

Had a bit of a shock when I got back home after the G2G bike sounded really bad and I thought the thousand miles done over the last few days had done her in. Big rattling from the engine and thoughts of "pooh this is bad".
Turns out that the vibrations from the trip down the M6 had loosened the circlip around the headers and the Ypiece on the exaust causing the pipes the rattle. What made it worse was the side stand touches the pipes and this made the hole thing sound terrible. Sorted with a spanner and crossed fingers it wont happen again.

#342 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:05 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Wed 12th Sep 2007, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had a bit of a shock when I got back home after the G2G bike sounded really bad and I thought the thousand miles done over the last few days had done her in. Big rattling from the engine and thoughts of "pooh this is bad".
Turns out that the vibrations from the trip down the M6 had loosened the circlip around the headers and the Ypiece on the exaust causing the pipes the rattle. What made it worse was the side stand touches the pipes and this made the hole thing sound terrible. Sorted with a spanner and crossed fingers it wont happen again.

well i'm going to have the Y piece modded to accomodate the sidestand, oil get a fella i know to press it in at the stand contactpoint using a machine he has.

all in all the actual ride home prolly took about 6 hours, M6 boring............nahhhhhhhhhhhh as i was bing wide awake as i ragged it most of the way.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#343 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:15 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Wed 12th Sep 2007, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i'm going to have the Y piece modded to accomodate the sidestand, oil get a fella i know to press it in at the stand contactpoint using a machine he has.

all in all the actual ride home prolly took about 6 hours, M6 boring............nahhhhhhhhhhhh as i was bing wide awake as i ragged it most of the way.

Im amazed after those four sausages you had at the services. Got a bit concerned at one point Wicky as a Nissan 4x4 was right up your arse along the Manchester bit of the M6. Kept pulling in to lane 2 and trying to undertake you then back out again right up your pipes. Didnt seem to bother you much though, you must have been texting through you tank bag rotflmmfao.gif

#344 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:51 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Wed 12th Sep 2007, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im amazed after those four sausages you had at the services. Got a bit concerned at one point Wicky as a Nissan 4x4 was right up your arse along the Manchester bit of the M6. Kept pulling in to lane 2 and trying to undertake you then back out again right up your pipes. Didnt seem to bother you much though, you must have been texting through you tank bag rotflmmfao.gif

ya twas on Irish plates, tink he was a pikey. i was aware of his 'presents'.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#345 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:58 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Wed 12th Sep 2007, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya twas on Irish plates, tink he was a pikey. i was aware of his 'presents'.

Did he have one of these T shirt's on rotflmmfao.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#346 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:54 pm

rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#347 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:20 pm

A bit late, but I just got home and thought I'd post these indoor shots - adjusted as best I could for strong backlighting (Sorry Dave!)

I was thinking the second one might be titled "The Last Supper"?

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#348 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:52 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Fri 14th Sep 2007, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ah haaaa "the chef" carpe's egg & bacon hitman!

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#349 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:58 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Fri 14th Sep 2007, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ah haaaa "the chef" carpe's egg & bacon hitman!

Cue the Sweddish chef song "De burdie burd de burdie burd".
TAM

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#350 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:31 pm

QUOTE(TDMTAM @ Fri 14th Sep 2007, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cue the Sweddish chef song "De burdie burd de burdie burd".
TAM

yahoo.gif rotflmmfao.gif Big dave actually looks like the Swedish Chef, 'cept we can see Dave's eyes !!!!!

#351 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:59 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Fri 14th Sep 2007, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mintyhippo always looks like he's contemplating murder huh.gif

#352 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:22 am

QUOTE(Emmett @ Sat 15th Sep 2007, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't that Johnny he's glaring at....right before Johnny's off? Suspicious...

rotflmmfao.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#353 JohnnyW

JohnnyW

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:01 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Sat 15th Sep 2007, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't that Johnny he's glaring at....right before Johnny's off? Suspicious...

rotflmmfao.gif

I didn't think he had spotted me knicking that bit of bacon off his plate but obviously I was mistaken... doubtfull.gif doubtfull.gif

Johnny W
Two wrongs dont make a right but three rights make a left.

#354 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:13 pm

QUOTE(JohnnyW @ Sat 15th Sep 2007, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't think he had spotted me knicking that bit of bacon off his plate but obviously I was mistaken... doubtfull.gif doubtfull.gif

Johnny W

Sausage fat on his back tyre, always does the trick.

QUOTE(Emmett @ Sat 15th Sep 2007, 06:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're next you fecker. wink.gif Actually I think the scene looks a bit monastic. Kinda post-vespers vibe. Man.

#355 Guest_blarsen_*

Guest_blarsen_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:53 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Mon 10th Sep 2007, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vid of a drive by in kielder , should be most everyone on there wink.gif

I was wondering why you were in such a godawful hurry.

On Sunday I noticed that my indicators were gone. Looking at the video I can tell that they were gone already on Saturday - I never overtake without indicating.
This probably means that they went already on Thursday when my battery boiled, which again means that I have to get my act together and start checking my lights before I ride.

The indicators went in a rather spectacular way, btw. The fuse was melted, the flasher relay was fried and three of four bulbs were blown. I'm uncertain wether the spikes from the regulator that boiled the battery also fried the relay or if the acid fumes from the boiling battery shorted the relay. But no matter, I'm all sorted now.

Took the bike on the road this night for the first time since I returned from the ferry, with a new flasher relay, new regulator, new(ish) battery, new airbox rubbers and air filter. Felt better than ever. Changing the air filter and getting rid of false air from crumbling rubbers made it run a bit leaner, so I guess I'll postpone the emulsion tube replacement for a little while. Which means I can order them from Kedo which is the cheapest way for me to get new ones.

Had a bit of rain and wind this evening, but the 15 miles lap was the most fun I've had since returning from the UK anyway...

#356 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:31 pm

I am glad my video was of some assistance in your diagnosis yahoo.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users