• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:51 am

hut hut hut!
cant be arse taking camping gear as wont be arrivign til late

Hanno, do you need deposits off people?
if so how to pay? paypal?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#42 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:58 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Fri 21st Dec 2007, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hut hut hut!

Hanno's probably looking in, but I'll email him just in case. How many places are needed?

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#43 Hanno

Hanno

sticking around

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:29 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Fri 21st Dec 2007, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Hanno. I've learned a new word! (in English, "sober"). Good news about the hut - I'm surprised only one place has been taken (Would it be yourself?)

Thanks Ian. I've learned a new english word!
It's not me in the hut. I'm planning to join the Megatreff with my wife and she is not happy to share a hut with anyone else but me :-)
I think most of the hut and camping guys will act more on impulse than the hotel guys.

@Tony: yes, we need a deposit (for the hut) of 25 € per person. The deposit is for the barbecue on the saturday evening (14 €) and for cleaning and energy costs. Depending on how many nights you will stay you have to pay the rest at the Megatreff.
Could you pay via IBAN? In western continental europe there are no costs for IBAN transfer. I don't know the costs for transfers over the channel.
But paypal is also a possibility - you could pay the deposit to my paypal account and I will credit the money on the Megatreff acount.
Send me a mail to hanno(-at-)tdm-forum.net with name, adress and your mail adress if you want to do so. If you want to have continental breakfest in the hotel give me a short note in the mail.

Great, I'm very happy to see some british friends at the Red Hair Mountains :-)) (accurately described Langenei is in the Sauerland - what meens acid country, but that's not so funny).

Hanno

#44 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:41 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Fri 21st Dec 2007, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hut hut hut!

Me Too please! leaves more room for my hair gel.

#45 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:29 am

I'd be up for this as well. Monday 26th is a bank holiday so doesn't need to be too mad a rush back on the Sunday unless Tony and Danny are chasing overtime. I'd be tempted to leave earlier and let Tony catch up somewhere in France though rather than do 450 miles at 120mph.

So Tony, Dannyboy, SteveEvans and myself so far?

Edit: Ferry and eurotunnel both look to be about £50 return

Edited by ChrisG, 22 December 2007 - 10:35 am.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#46 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:02 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Sat 22nd Dec 2007, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Monday 26th is a bank holiday

ooooh huh.gif hadnt realised that, even betterer yahoo.gif
i'll be back to work on the Tuesday then (my overtime/standby shifts run Wed to Wed)

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Sat 22nd Dec 2007, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd be tempted to leave earlier and let Tony catch up somewhere in France though rather than do 450 miles at 120mph.

sounds a good idea good.gif
you guys could leave earlier and take the scenic route and i'll catch ya up late afternoon with a couple of hours blasting up the m-way

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#47 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:02 pm

Any of the rest of you speak any German? Thanks to Hanno I'm now trying to commit "ich hätte bitte gerne noch ein Bier" to memory but that's the extent of my knowledge laugh.gif did some French, Spanish and Latin at school but never a word of German.

If payment is through a system none of us currently use would it make sense if we book as a group and individually pay one person in the UK who passes it on?

Edited by ChrisG, 22 December 2007 - 01:04 pm.

2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

#48 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:18 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Sat 22nd Dec 2007, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any of the rest of you speak any German? Thanks to Hanno I'm now trying to commit "ich hätte bitte gerne noch ein Bier" to memory but that's the extent of my knowledge laugh.gif did some French, Spanish and Latin at school but never a word of German.

If payment is through a system none of us currently use would it make sense if we book as a group and individually pay one person in the UK who passes it on?

Well since its yout idea rolleyes.gif I bagsy you as the money man!

#49 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 04:50 pm

Bugger

#50 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:59 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Sat 22nd Dec 2007, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bugger
Chris, as it looks like you've been landed with collecting the dosh, just let us know where we need to send a cheque unsure.gif

Also, if Eurotunnel is the same price as the ferry it will be quicker to go by this route...waddayathink?

Edited by Steve Evans, 22 December 2007 - 07:04 pm.

Now on 9er number 2 .....

#51 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:15 pm

QUOTE(Steve Evans @ Sat 22nd Dec 2007, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chris, as it looks like you've been landed with collecting the dosh, just let us know where we need to send a cheque unsure.gif

Also, if Eurotunnel is the same price as the ferry it will be quicker to go by this route...waddayathink?

Probably a lot easier on the bike an all.

#52 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:18 pm

Does anybody speak any German (last ditch attept to get out of being the organiser)?

Looks like the interesting roads don't really start until Koln, google reckons Bruge, Brussels, Koln on motorways.

Tunnel makes sense for speed as you say. Steve and myself are about 100 miles from Folkstone, bit more for Danny though. You guys up for a mid morning crossing and then cruise at a sensible speed while Tony hoofs it to catch up? Assuming Tony's sorted his Autocom out by then (and reassembled his TDM laugh.gif) we've both got phones that work on the move so meeting up should be too much hassle (note to self, check with Vodaphone about roaming!)

#53 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:35 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Sat 22nd Dec 2007, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anybody speak any German (last ditch attempt to get out of being the organiser)?

Thought Tony had it sorted? Anybody booked the hut places yet? PayPal seems the best option as Hanno suggested? Bank transfer can add about £20 charges at this end and possibly further charges in Europe I'm told - needs investigating.

I'm unlikely to be going, btw, much as I'd like to - on G2G evidence I couldn't manage the pace.

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#54 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:44 pm

It's been a week, Tony will have fallen off again by now. Whats his Ebay name? I'll see what TDM parts he's been gathering tongue.gif

#55 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 11:02 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Sat 22nd Dec 2007, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm unlikely to be going, btw, much as I'd like to - on G2G evidence I couldn't manage the pace.

With Tony on his diet he'll probably be dinking slower than usual so we should be able to keep up good.gif

Edited by ChrisG, 22 December 2007 - 11:04 pm.

#56 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:49 pm

Tunnel makes sense for speed as you say. Steve and myself are about 100 miles from Folkstone, bit more for Danny though. You guys up for a mid morning crossing and then cruise at a sensible speed while Tony hoofs it to catch up? Assuming Tony's sorted his Autocom out by then (and reassembled his TDM ) we've both got phones that work on the move so meeting up should be too much hassle (note to self, check with Vodaphone about roaming!)

I will just have to start a bit earlier and meet you some place for elevenses. (Nice cake in Germany). I also picked up a set of blue tooth coms devices at the motor show so I can receive and make calls on the go now. Just got to find a cheap but effective sat nav with blue tooth. Garmin may be good but its flippin expensive!

#57 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:19 pm

tdm still in bits in the garage, i'm being a pussy and putting off the last couple of bits of work while its cold and dark blush.gif

not fallen off again since throwing the S10 down the road, but its feckin slippy out there dry.gif

My TDM :

#58 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:36 am

Right, I've e-mailed Hanno to see if we can book it through him, and check the availability of the hut. If he's happy to do it I can collect money off you lot and pass it on to him, though if he can't take paypal we'll need to pay to use IBAN.

As I understand it the plan is 4 of us (Tony, Steve, Danny and myself) arriving on the Friday night (23 May) and either heading home Sunday afternoon or Monday morning, depending if people generally head home on Sunday or not. Monday being a bank holiday I'm quite happy to stay Sunday night if that's a not a problam with accomodation, how about the rest of you?

If we can't get in the hut do you want to try and find a B&B or camp?

Anyone else want to add themselves in to this?

#59 Hanno

Hanno

sticking around

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:15 am

Hi Chris,

thx for the mail.
Monday is not a bank holiday in Germany, but the thursday before.
But it would be no problem that you spend the night to monday in the hut. You then have to manage the departure things (paying the bill, getting breakfast) without help of us in the hotel (cause all of us are heading home on sunday). But this would be no problem, in all better german hotels people are speaking english. You don't have to try "ich hätte gerne noch ein Bier" for getting breakfast... :-)

Paying via PayPal on my PayPal account would be the cheapest and simplest method. I will transfer the money then to the official Megatreff account.
My PayPal account is registered with my email adress hw@omni-netNOSPAM.de (omit letters NOSPAM).

OK, so you are 4 guys staying 2 or 3 nights (to saturday, to sunday and eventually to monday). Last question: do you like to have breakfast in the hotel? We need this information for arranging the correct amount of breakfasts in the hotel?
So you have to pay a deposit of 100 € and the rest (depending on how many nights you stay and if you like breakfast) at departure.

Keep the rubber side down
Hanno

Edited by Hanno, 06 January 2008 - 11:16 am.

#60 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:56 am

QUOTE(Hanno @ Sun 6th Jan 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paying via PayPal on my PayPal account would be the cheapest and simplest method.

Thanks for your kind assistance, Hanno. One point of concern, though - please let the guys know if this brings you PayPal or other costs.

Otherwise no problems - "Ein Weissbier mit Hefe - am liebsten vom Fassboden, bitte" will be a nourishing and cleansing start to the day. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users