Photo
- - - - -

Riderscan New Safety Mirror System For Your Screen.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:09 am

Customer asked me to fit one of these today, not seen one before and I am normally on the case with these little things, thought you lot may want the heads up on them.

Made by a Scottish chap, see Huntercreate on search engines for more info, not sure if I can post web links here.

https://pbs.twimg.co...AxlBn.jpg:large

Not allowed to post the images I have :( or many others it would seem. :(

Mods remove the link if not allowed :)

http://www.huntercreate.com/videos.htm

Edited by arthurbikemad, 07 December 2013 - 11:17 am.

2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#2 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:29 am

yeah, I saw one of those on a YT bikers channel. I thought, 'l like that' and looked for them online and then saw the price. £40 is a bit too much for me. If they drop to £25ish I'll have one.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#3 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:36 am

Yeah, same here.  £43.00 inc postage, I've not jumped on one as the cost but after playing round with this one I have here I must say its rather cool!

2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:33 pm

Not allowed to post the images I have :( or many others it would seem. :(

If ya make the piccies much smaller they will beef wine.  Or you need a hosteriser loike bucketofphotos.com of whatever its called.  Look how many Gozer managed to get on widout hittin the limit: http://www.carpe-tdm...showtopic=29019

Mods remove the link if not allowed :)

We loike linky dinks.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:54 pm

Hmm, reminds me of the ole foil tube and artwork on album sleeves ............can ya dig it man? Far out babe...

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#6 jlmtdm

jlmtdm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:46 pm

I saw this being demod by nottingham road craft good bit of kit shall get one one day.

#7 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:46 pm

Just tried to mount one on my tall Yam screen and seems to be in the way, it would mount but sort of sits too far back for my liking, maybe not suitable for the steep curved screen like the TDM. A little disappointed as most of the other bikes I offered it up to today it looked ok, not saying you can't mount it just that it sticks out and is hard to place out of the road view and view of the clocks. Not sure how you'd get on with the standard screen.

#8 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:48 pm

Rather than screen mount, would the handlebar mount work?

#9 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:56 pm

Would a small chromed mudguard do the same thing?

#10 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:00 pm

Hm, one of them would get robbed or busted  :huh:  nice idea mind..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#11 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:56 pm

I ordered one then tried the customers, teach me to jump the gun..lol

The idea was taken from the edge of a frying pan that was hung on a wall according to the designer. It's recommended to mount them on Velcro as people have had them stolen, you could mount it to the bars but I have a tank bag and crap nav mounts, so I'm gutted.

#12 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:09 pm

Me as well Arthur, i use a tank bag so no place for it really, good job i have eyes in the back of me head  :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users