#1461 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:21 pm

That's me comm's pal arrived, took ya time OB but welcome to the site fella, good to see you here  :good:

May as well sell that other lump of metal then  :P

Was out to play with jono recently, have to meet up for a ride out eh.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1462 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:02 am

:welcome:  to the madhouse Dave !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1463 AJ..

AJ..

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:34 pm

Hi guys....

Guess I am back into this madhouse....can't remember when was the last time....but sure good to see this site running well...

I am back on a TDM...but just an 850....

Cheers to all...

Frm sunny Singapore,
AJ
Current ride : TDM900,XR650R,NX650Dominator,XRV750RD07
Previous ride : XRV750,XR600R,XR400R,DRZ400S,Husqavarna TE410E,DR350,FZ6S,Bandit400,PX150,Gilera SP180,Gilera VXR200,WR400FS,XR650L,KLX250

My multiply...my life

#1464 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:36 pm

Congrats on the upgrade AJ. Good to see ewe bacon board.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#1465 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:59 pm

:lol:

Welcome back AJ !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1466 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:45 am

Welcome back AJ !

Looking forward to the ride reports AJ.

:munching_out:

Edited by TDMick, 24 June 2015 - 12:45 am.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#1467 AJ..

AJ..

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:33 am

Thank you guys...
Current ride : TDM900,XR650R,NX650Dominator,XRV750RD07
Previous ride : XRV750,XR600R,XR400R,DRZ400S,Husqavarna TE410E,DR350,FZ6S,Bandit400,PX150,Gilera SP180,Gilera VXR200,WR400FS,XR650L,KLX250

My multiply...my life

#1468 CharleyFarley

CharleyFarley

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:52 pm

Just found this 'page'..............2 weeks late but..... here goes 😝
My names Steve, (Farley), living in Guisborough NE England, 52yrs young.
Never had a 'four', owned Spanish, Italian, Japanese, German.....2strokes-stokes, singles-twins-triples.
Persuaded my son to go for a big twin for his first big bike (56 SV1000sz) with promises to buy it of him when he was ready to 'move on'......
Guess what..........He LURVES it..........!!!!!!!! 😳
So..........a medically enforced 'lay off' from bikes, (2yrs) Son showing no signs of 'moving on'..........
To be honest a TDM didn't come into the equation............always wanted a Africa Twin.....but one came along anyway!!!!
Rode a 600 Hornet, (buzzy rev hungry 'toy'.....actually had to use the brakes to slow down) bought the 94 TDM for £1020, liking everything about it so far.........
Quick comparison between SV/Hornet/TDM........SV, think your going 80, look n find ya doing 100+, Hornet, think ya going 80, look n find ya doing 55, TDM, think ya doing 70, look n find ya doing 70.........
So far so good anyway..........one happy rider!!!!! 😛

#1469 Taffy

Taffy

discovering Carpe

• 19 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:17 am

Hi all!
Did my das in April after finally getting a round tuit , never been on a bike before then
My father in law kindly gifted me his 2001 850 which had been sat in the garage with 3000 miles on the clock...
First time back on a bike was getting aquatinted with her in the countryside around Dunkirk where he met me whilst waiting for the ferry back...still had a smile on my face when I got drenched on the m25 after 5 hours.

I live in Kingston Surrey and would be great to meet up with any other owners locally . I've lots of questions and no clue! Make a good coffee though...

Currently going through the red tape so that the DVLA can send me gatso photos...

Attached Files

#1470 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:53 am

Wow what a gift!! Welcome and enjoy the noo boike.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#1471 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:39 am

:welcome:  to da club Taffy !  Nice bike there. :good:

#1472 ProudViking

ProudViking

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:13 pm

Hi everyone,

Well having come across this site by accident how could I not join! My name is Matt and I've been riding since I was seventeen, and apart from my green Kawasaki KDX125 I rode to passed my test, I've only ever owned our trusty TDM. My first was a 98' 850. But I've been on my black 900 for two years now.

Being six foot five these TDMs are a godsend for me!

So if any of you inhabit nearby the south Leicestershire area there's always a fellow available for a ride-out here.

Btw, This TDM is the best one I've had and seeing as they've been killed off I'm never selling her, yes her! She's got character has my Morgana...I named her too...sorry!

Can't see me buying a Tracer either...but then I haven't ridden one yet...yet.

Good to meet you all!

#1473 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:15 pm

Hello gents, welcome to the club  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1474 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:22 pm

:welcome: to the club PV !

#1475 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:58 pm

Hi all!
Did my das in April after finally getting a round tuit , never been on a bike before then
My father in law kindly gifted me his 2001 850 which had been sat in the garage with 3000 miles on the clock...
First time back on a bike was getting aquatinted with her in the countryside around Dunkirk where he met me whilst waiting for the ferry back...still had a smile on my face when I got drenched on the m25 after 5 hours.

I live in Kingston Surrey and would be great to meet up with any other owners locally . I've lots of questions and no clue! Make a good coffee though...

Currently going through the red tape so that the DVLA can send me gatso photos...

:welcome: 

There's a couple of us locally.

The two rules of  Mk2 TDM ownership are:

1 Check the oil

2 Repeat rule 1

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#1476 Taffy

Taffy

discovering Carpe

• 19 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:25 am

Lol
I'm back in the Deutschland for a week or so but if anyone local to Kingston fancies being grilled over a coffee and a sticky bun about the joys of looking after her let me know!

#1477 Rimotu66

Rimotu66

sticking around

• 27 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:41 am

Thought I had better say hello in the correct place instead of rushing in like the muppet I am and saying hello in the wrong place :lol:

I'm Jon from near Grimsby, got a 98 850 and have to say am loving it. Ive had a bike on the road since I was 16 (now 49) from my Garelli Tiger through to my TLR1000 which I still miss, also done a bit of racing in the 90's on TZ's etc.

#1478 RogerD

RogerD

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:12 am

Hi Rimotu66...welcome to the forum.....as possibly Frankie Howard once said.... :good:

Roger

2004 Silver TDM 900, Scorpion cans, MRA screen, Heated Grips, Piramid Fender Extenda. Mitchelin PR3's, Oxford Soft luggage.  Now living with Sidestand

2015 BMW R1200GS , in Frost Blue, Adventure screen, cruise control, quickshifter, heated grips, ESA , BM panniers but Givi topbox.                                                          

#1479 Blue

Blue

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:54 pm

Hi,

I am not in possession of a TDM but it sits at the top of my list.

My name is Ian, I live on the edge Oxford.Had a few bikes over the years. I am looking for an all rounder. I did have a 2011 Versys for a while but it was too much of a perch on the back for my other half and just lacked a bit in power. Since then I went a bit exotic a got myself a Moto Guzzu Griso in Tenni Green which makes me grin whenever I ride it. Now after many comments and hints, I have the go ahead to add another bike to the garage. So the Griso will stay for sunny days and hence my arrival here. The TDM seems a bit like it could commute, tour, scratch, and have enough character to give me some smiles. I came across one a couple of years ago ( TDM 900 in Blue )and remember the lovely sound. I think it had GPR exhausts on it? Also hand guards. My budget would be 2/3K . I have a big Givi top box with a pillion pad ready to add to whatever I get. I did go down the route of a Blackbird or VFR 800 but I am not convinced.

Great forum, been rattling through threads and checking out ownership etc.

Anyway, thanks for the forum! ........bows, nods, & doffs cap to all.

'Be as you wish to seem'

Oxford heated grips/Barkbuster guards/Centrestand/Givi racks/panniers/Maxia 55 topbox/SW Motech Handlebar risers/Fender extender/Rear hugger/Cuddly toy/Led running light/ MRA racing double bubble screen/ Simmi Performance exhausts with DB's fitted.

#1480 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:23 pm

:welcome:  to da club Blue !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users