gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#282 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:41 am

Great video Merlot, real shame theres none of the ride eh?
That panorama works well Azza, cant pick the transition line.
Graeme

#283 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:58 am

"Hugin" for panoramic stitching... it does all the work for you and is free. :) Click this to go there.

#284 AzzA

AzzA

• 1,548 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:16 am

I got home to find mail... the old fashioned kind... in the mailbox. It was from Mr Yamaha and he wants me to go and ride some of his bikes... you too.
http://www.yamaha-mo...u/demobikepromo

Go ride one and you could win $1000.00 worth of gear.

My local dealer doesn't have much of interest, but the place I bought the 9'er has a Super Ten' and an MT-01.

Only two TDM900's on the list, for the whole of the country! But that's one more than the MT-01. ;)

There's 36, yes I counted them, Super Ténéré demo bikes!
37 R1 demos.
So it looks like these are the flagships... those and the cruiser style bikes, which number aplenty.

#285 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:04 am

Theres 2 mt's and 3 tdm's
Graeme

#286 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:14 am

Trotski et all,
Heres a ride for next time based on Jingellic and foregoing the dirt on Corryong Road. Takes in all the best of this area, the repeat of the Omeo to Falls Creek turnoff is a bonus and no stranger to seasoned TDUT riders (can we say "seasoned" now there have been 2 ??)
http://www.omeo.org....tdut 12/map.htm

cheers Graeme

#287 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:58 am

that looks a great run Graeme, I have just run it over Google and it's saying 8 1/2 hrs 500km, (which I'm prepared to do just for the hell of it), with photo ops, coffee stops, fuel, re-groups & Lunch etc it would end up being 10-12hrs return to base.

Note that the Alpine Way the other day took us from 08:15 to 16:00 (just in time for the GP at the Pub)

While I'd love to do every one of these roads, I think we need to carefully look at what the Majority might consider as too long to do in a day, given the cumulative fatigue factor of the travel by most of them to and from which ever site we are based at.

I have started a thread for discussion under TDUT2013.

I like your thinking, the more options we have from now, the better we can plan the eventual routes (which is my particular Obsession BTW) burning electrons now will make for a smoother run.
Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#288 PostmanPat

PostmanPat

sticking around

• 21 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:43 am

Noone told _me_ there was gunna be cake Sunday arvo... Posted Image

Bastards...

I reckon I'll fire up the big yellow DR650 :banana: and tent this weekend and head back down to Geehi.
Might try the Tharwa-Adaminaby and Tumut-Wee Jasper roads.

Cakeless Pat

#289 AzzA

AzzA

• 1,548 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:07 am

Was a surprise to me too and it was very good cake ... and the leftovers made it home OK too, which is quite a feat, after two days in the panniers.

#290 MATRIDIGAN

MATRIDIGAN

arrived on last train

• 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:30 am

Hi again all - great photos - thank you!

So I had a great run home leaving just before 7. A quick cold run to Cooma but on the approach I could see pretty dense fog to the north on the Monaro highway, so I pulled into Maccas when I saw a police car outside.

Had a coffee and a chat to the boys in blue, who advised it was passable with caution. So I took off into it - slow going but the bright side was that it kept me warmer than I had been. It burnt off about 20 km north of Bredbo - your terrain Trotski !

Got caught up in the rush hour into Canberra, so side tracked east to keep away from there and the Hume Highway - a good move as I struck some great fast, well surfaced and empty back roads into Goulburn. A late breakfast there and then headed straight north to Oberon - once again some great fast and empty roads, and the temperature starting to climb.

Next came 10km of dirt taking me east and back on the tarmac into the Blue Mts and Wentworth Falls for lunch at Louise my partner's place. A few hours there and then an easy 90 minutes ride back down to Sydney, but coming down into the Penrith Plains was not pleasant - a dry and oppressive heat, but this eased nearer the coast.

So another great days ride on a fabulous machine!
Gotta say, being a relative newcomer to the world of TDM, I am VERY impressed!

Thank you all for a fun time!
Rick

#291 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:29 pm

Pat,
those are some good dirt roads, the TDM could handle them, I travel that way to Canberra often when the Hwy gets boring, Gheehi is a great camping spot, remember to pack your woolies, have a good time :good:

Rick,
There are some really good runs up through to Oberon, at least the Fog burnt off at Bredbo, I've ridden in the fog from Cooma all the way to Canberra not being able to see more that 60 odd mtrs in front.

let us know of your thoughts on TDUT2013
Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#292 MATRIDIGAN

MATRIDIGAN

arrived on last train

• 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:43 pm

Hi all, I am keen to be there for TDUT 2013!
I like the idea of it still being in the same region and being further away than Berridale just means I will need to take the whole day off on Friday - a good thing as I then won't be battling again with all the tin cans trying to depart Sydney on a Friday afternoon!
However I will need to check out my ability to take the Friday and Monday off closer to the time.
Graeme I forgot to send you my email address for the manual, so here it is: rmadigan@microsoft.com

Cheers
Rick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users