RTT 08

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

Poll: RTT 08

RTT '08 location?????????

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 OF.uk

OF.uk

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:34 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Wed 19th Sep 2007, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
which week is the big bike festival on?
i fancy doing that cool.gif

The bike festival's usually the last week in July.
If anyone fancies going to Hungary (either during the bike week or not) I can help out with routes, accomodation, campsites, translation etc etc.
Near our house in Sirok there's a guy who has a cottage for rent and also has several Tibetan style tents that hold loads of people. There are other b+b's in the village. The area is full of fantastic twisty roads and cheap food and drink. If I'm not living there by July I'm certainly planning on being over there at that time, although whether I'll have a bike by then is another matter dry.gif dry.gif

Thinking of visiting Hungary? Then visit my website http://explore-hungary.com/
1993 Yamaha xt600 supermoto

#42 stu

stu

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:27 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Wed 19th Sep 2007, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've brought to mind the image of Terry Pratchett's character Genghis Cohen and his band of geriatric marauders - principal among them being Mad Angus in his wheelchair with the scythe blades - "a bit slow and clumsy over broken walls, but a demon on the flat" smile.gif

Genghis is believed to be based on observing of Dandy at an early RTT, and Angus sounds a lot like me wink.gif

Incidentally, wouldn't Carpe Jugulum be ideal reading at a G2G ?

I voted for Kerry, but the Island would be an option.

Stu

#43 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:00 am

At this rate we're gonna need a trip a month all year to fit in all the suggestions. rolleyes.gif

Is there a reason why there needs to be only 1 RTT? Both the RTT and September G2G were fairly well attended weren't they?

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#44 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 981 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:12 am

Just thinking out loud here, another option for the pot :-

England Scotland Ireland Wales. - Jump on/off the circuit as you feel like. Local expert leads on best roads.

One working week - start on a Sat - Finis on a Sun = 8 days (5 days holiday needed for whole trip)

Big fight over start/end point - but:-

2 nights S.Wales
ferry
2 night ireland
ferry
2 nights scotland
2 nights lake/peak

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#45 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:26 am

This demonstrates very well why things are normally sorted at the previous years RTT! rolleyes.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#46 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:32 am

QUOTE(sidestand @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whaddabout SOF near Andorra.............great roads.......nice bike friendly place to stay....run by Cloggies

http://www.motorstop...nl/uk/index.htm. If we gettit right, we could run a CMC do at the same time good.gif

Like that idea, Ireland good too

What about Scandinavian places as we got members there?

2p's worth, further afield is good but may negate those going for just wkend? So places within a days (hard?) riding could be more inclusive to those who wanna go but can't take whole week off etc??

my only prob with last 2 RTT's has been timing, like right in the middle of my end of year exams sad.gif

Edited by jht, 20 September 2007 - 09:34 am.

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#47 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:58 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At this rate we're gonna need a trip a month all year to fit in all the suggestions. rolleyes.gif

Is there a reason why there needs to be only 1 RTT? Both the RTT and September G2G were fairly well attended weren't they?

Good point. I've been thinking that tthis poll is going the same way as my earlier attempt to set up an Eastern Region G2G - ending up with almost equal numbers interested in different venues, some who would like to go to more than one (work & cost permitting) if they were at different times, etc. So it ceases to be an outright poll and you end up with more than one G2G.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#48 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:10 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good point. I've been thinking that tthis poll is going the same way as my earlier attempt to set up an Eastern Region G2G - ending up with almost equal numbers interested in different venues, some who would like to go to more than one (work & cost permitting) if they were at different times, etc. So it ceases to be an outright poll and you end up with more than one G2G.

The way to get around that is just say "I'm going here on this data, who wants to come" If you make sure the "here" is a cake shop you be sure plenty of people will join you biggrin.gif

2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

#49 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:42 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The way to get around that is just say "I'm going here on this data, who wants to come" If you make sure the "here" is a cake shop you be sure plenty of people will join you biggrin.gif

I aggrozzle...specially the cake bit.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#50 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:46 am

QUOTE(Brakestick @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your going to the isle man why not try in the second week of july when the southern 100 is on ( tea time / eveing races ) , it's not just a nice place to visit but some races aswell ( if your not in the pub by then ! ) and lets not forget no speed limits outside the built-up areas ( personal best on the moutain road just over 165 mph : 1992 on my old fj1200 ) . I'll be there and you can find me in Peel .

that must have been one verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry special FJ12 or a very optimistic speedo ! i loike FJ12's.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#51 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:00 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I aggrozzle...specially the cake bit.

Although Wicky complains if we make him eat too much cake. rotflmmfao.gif

I fancy a trip to the alps myself, if I can find a nice looking Swiss cake shop I'm sure someone will join me.

Edited by ChrisG, 20 September 2007 - 11:03 am.

#52 OF.uk

OF.uk

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:20 am

Like here
http://www.peakretre...an-montclar.htm

"Amenities in Saint Jean Montclar
Butchers, local produce shops, chocolate speciality shop, snack shops, cake shops, chemist (nearby)"

wink.gif rolleyes.gif

#53 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:24 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although Wicky complains if we make him eat too much cake. rotflmmfao.gif

I fancy a trip to the alps myself, if I can find a nice looking Swiss cake shop I'm sure someone will join me.

Austrian cakes are arguably even better. yeahyeahyeah.gif

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#54 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:24 am

if the RTT is a tour thru countries then we ought to stop at a cake shop in each country we go thru

"The Carpe European Tour of Cake"

or "TDM fat bassids clean out the european cake mountain"

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#55 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:29 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The way to get around that is just say "I'm going here on this data, who wants to come"
Absolutely. Which has some bearing on ending up with RTT08A, B, .......
QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if the RTT is a tour thru countries then we ought to stop at a cake shop in each country we go thru"The Carpe European Tour of Cake"or "TDM fat bassids clean out the european cake mountain"
Cake Aficionados Rally (Pan European)?? aka Rolling Tea Time?? smile.gif

#56 OF.uk

OF.uk

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:41 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does that mean you all have to turn up on Hondas? blink.gif

Edited by OF.uk, 20 September 2007 - 11:42 am.

#57 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:01 pm

QUOTE(OF.uk @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Pict @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does that mean you all have to turn up on Hondas? blink.gif

or
Cake Aficionados Rally & Pie Eaters Rolling Tea Time

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#58 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:11 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cake Aficionados Rally & Pie Eaters Rolling Tea Time

Better! laugh.gif

BTW (crossing threads) where's Avonne these days? I've just committed the sin of copying the last posting into my reply!

#59 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:19 pm

I think the Isle of Man is a great idea.

#60 David H

David H

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:35 am

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 20th Sep 2007, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the Isle of Man is a great idea.

As in a small island between an island and an Ireland? tongue.gif

Edited by David H, 21 September 2007 - 12:37 am.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users