8 replies to this topic

#1 toddyboy

toddyboy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 121 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 12 April 2020 - 06:39 am

I have an idea that i think ticks all the boxes .......

This doesn't apply to just the people on this forum, it applies to every motorcyclist in the UK and around the World (Please read it to the end before you form your opinion)

* We do a ride-out (maintaining a distance of six or more feet apart of course) in support of the NHS nurses and doctors who are our front line of defence.

* Every rider donates £10 to this fund which goes directly to the Healthcare nurses and doctors in your area or country.

* By riding a motorcycle (solo), never two up, we are practicing "social distancing" and therefore within the law

* At no time during stops on this ride-out will any biker be nearer than two metres apart, and therefore within the law

* By riding 6ft or two metres apart we are practicing "social distancing" and therefore within the law

* The roads are clearer of traffic than they have ever been, so very little chance of causing a disturbance or clogging up the roads and therefore perfectly legal

* Because the roads are so clear there is scope for a line of motorcycles that stretches from Lands end to John-o-Groats (theoretically - but you get what I mean)

* We will be helping the stretched and stressed members of the front line and showing our support for the NHS or whatever Health Service you have in your country, in a unique and united way

* We will be extroverting ourselves and not isolating ourselves which has been proven to be very bad for the immune system

* The Police will of course be involved in this and will be obliged to accompany us to ensure we practice "social distancing" and remain within the law.

* We will be doing a charitable and helpful thing to battle this terrible thing and also showing that motorcyclists are a force to be reckoned with and will pull out the stops to help when the chips are down.

Think about it and post your comments below ................

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:59 am

Well done for posting in the correct place even if it was after posting various duplicates in the wrong place!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 toddyboy

toddyboy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 121 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:47 am

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I'll keep my posts about this subject here on Hyde Park Corner, sorry, I meant Get2gethers

Edited by toddyboy, 12 April 2020 - 09:05 am.

#4 MickC

MickC

Carpe junky

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:44 pm

By riding a motorcycle (solo), never two up, we are practicing "social distancing" and therefore within the law

It will be classed as a unnecessary journey therefore illeagle.

It will also be a gathering as you will bring peolple together so will also be illeagle.

I think the Police have enough todo right now.

If you want to donate to the NHS I believe someone has started a fund to buy gear for them,if not start your own.

#5 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:27 pm

By riding a motorcycle (solo), never two up, we are practicing "social distancing" and therefore within the law

It will be classed as a unnecessary journey therefore illeagle.

It will also be a gathering as you will bring peolple together so will also be illeagle.

I think the Police have enough todo right now.

If you want to donate to the NHS I believe someone has started a fund to buy gear for them,if not start your own.

i like Hotel California.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:38 pm

:lol: took me a while to get that.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 MickC

MickC

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:33 pm

Toddyboy here ya go

https://www.motorcyc...n-lockdown-app/

#8 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:32 am

what is the difference between illegal and unlawful?

one is against the law and the other is a sick bird

boom boom

#9 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:46 pm

:lol: took me a while to get that.

#metoo  :lol: