3 replies to this topic

#1 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:40 pm

Got an electrical problem with a Citroen C3. The heater fan in the car I won't turn off. It is on full blast all the time and other than replacing it with a unit from another car, I don't know how to fix. I am assuming that there is some kind of control which has failed. Any suggestions? It hasn't been a problem in the cold weather apart from the fact that it is noisy having the fan on full blast all the time, but presumably, if it is left, the fan will burn out eventually.
Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#2 richarda

richarda

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:45 am

Sounds like the heater fan resistor pack has gone. Try googling it to check.   Relatively cheap fix - replacements available on flea bay.

Richard

#3 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:25 am

Yep! :wifgeni:  Did this on the wife's Touran recently. Blower would only work on position 4. Replaced with a cheapie off fleabay, but that lasted less than a week. Put a used original in & so far so good.

Now I just fly everywhere.

Be yourself, because everybody else is taken.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#4 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,446 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:14 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. Found a link online which explains it all. The company will even check to ensure that it is the resistor pack that is faulty and will supply a replacement all for less than £15.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users