• Please log in to reply
2136 replies to this topic

#1421 Andys900tdm

Andys900tdm

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:47 pm

just thought id upload the only pics i got at mo will be more once i repaint and get all the extras im fitting to her

2015-03-08%2015.41.32_zpsxxicxpcl.jpg?142015-03-08%2015.41.03_zpsiuzdohgu.jpg?14

#1422 shuggie

shuggie

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:56 pm

Hey folks.

Im from Dundee in Scotland, currently riding about on an 01 plated mk2 850

This is my second tdm, first one was an 03 plate 900 which I loved to bits but foolishly decided to get rid of when I gave up biking.

Got back into bikes two years ago and bought a very shiny and naked divvy600.

It did the job for a few months but utimatly got binned as it didn't have enough poke or wind protection for my liking.

Went on and bought a zzr600 which was supposed to be a winter hack but turned out to be quite good and I kept riding her for over a year, but.......

The lure of the tdm was there at the back of my mind.

I learnt a lot in the two years I owned my tdm900.

everything about it was perfect for me.

recently my old tdm came up in conversation and it was then I decided I had to have another.

pictures will be uploaded shortly.

#1423 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:37 pm

:welcome:  :welcome:

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#1424 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:01 am

:welcome:  to da club Shuggie !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1425 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:40 pm

Welcome back then Shuggie  :good:  had a zzr600 also, crackin bike.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1426 ChrisGT

ChrisGT

seems to like Carpe

• 41 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:46 pm

Evening chaps, just signed up, bought myself an 03 900 with 32k on the clock, wanted something inexpensive/fun/able to tour etc. I had an early H plate 850 back in the day, loved it, and after many adventures with other bikes, have returned to the fold for the above reasons. Other bikes, 2011 Thruxton, 1972 Suzuki Stinger, 1973 Honda MT250 Elsinore, an odd mix I guess!  Living in Leicestershire, Just off the M1 J23. 

Oh yes, 50 something, are there many 'older' guys on here?

#1427 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,746 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:50 pm

Welcome Chris, I think you'll find you're a youngster round here! Enjoy the 900.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#1428 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:03 am

:welcome:  to the club Chris !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1429 dablik

dablik

• 10,754 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:57 pm

Hi Chris, welcome matey, Chrisr is the grandaddy fella  :D

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1430 TonyTDM

TonyTDM

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I've had my TDM900 for about 3 weeks now and have learnt a lot from this forum so thought it was about time I introduced myself.

I live in Bromley Kent and have been riding for a good few years now. I'm a self confessed petrol head and love most things with an engine.

In the past, I have had a lot of different bikes including 3 Fireblades, 2 VFR750's, a Speed Triple, CBR 600, Bandit 600, Bandit 1200 and a Blackbird.

I have had a year off of bikes up to now. I had a lovely VFR800 but then ended up going into hospital for open heart surgery (tough break!). After the surgery, I wasn't going to be able to ride for a while so I sold the VFR. I even had to sell my beloved Mazda MX5 as I couldn't get into it without pain! I managed to last 7 months without a bike and then, on a whim, bought a 1200 Bandit which turned out to be a bit of a dog (ruff!). So I got shot of that a bit lively. Instead of going back to biking, I bought another MX5 and spent a couple of years having sideways fun in that. Then, a few months ago, I got given a 2001 GSXR600! Great I thought, I love sportsbikes! It was a bit of a mess but I spent a few quid, sorted it out and put it through it's MOT which it passed. 

I rode it a grand total of................................3 TIMES!!! At 46 years old, my body (particularly my back) has decided being curled up on a sportsbike does not equal a happy journey! So I sold it and spent a bit of time looking at what I could get instead. Having never even looked at a TDM before, I quite liked the idea of the riding position, twin engine and the comfy seat so I made my mind up to get an 850. However, I was lucky enough to get a lovely yellow 900 at a bargain price and I LOVE IT!! 

http://i1321.photobu...zpsckwsrgkw.jpg

I hope I have posted the pic the right way.

The only thing I find, apart from the usual low spend jerkiness, is it is a bit tall for me but I have ordered a lowered seat from Top Sellerie already. 

I have so surprised at how much I enjoy riding this bike and this forum has been a brilliant source of information as well. Hopefully, I'll maybe get a chance to meet some of you guys at some point. Box Hill is one of my favourite ride outs and I occasionally head to Wessons Cafe in Horam.

Sorry for the waffle!

Tony

Edited by TonyTDM, 14 April 2015 - 12:38 pm.

#1431 TonyTDM

TonyTDM

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:41 pm

TDM%201_zpsckwsrgkw.jpg

Second time lucky!!!

#1432 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,446 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:20 pm

Welcome Chris, I think you'll find you're a youngster round here! Enjoy the 900.

A veritable babe, in fact! Welcome.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#1433 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:12 pm

:welcome:  to da club Tony !

#1434 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,117 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:16 pm

Herro Tony
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#1435 dablik

dablik

• 10,754 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:57 pm

Hiya Tony, she'll sound very nice with them cans on  :good:

#1436 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:54 am

Our spies are everywhere!

:rotflmmfao:

Attached File  DSC_7755.JPG   174.08KB   0 downloads

:welcome:

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#1437 TonyTDM

TonyTDM

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:46 am

Noooo....................spotted already!  :lol:

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've got a feeling I'm gonna fit in well around here!

#1438 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:44 am

Do you like cake though ?  :cake eating:

#1439 TonyTDM

TonyTDM

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:18 pm

Does anyone not like cake?? Especially with a nice cuppa  :ambusy:

#1440 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:20 pm

Welcome to the family ! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users