#1 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:56 pm

OMG.

I thought that the MCN Fantasy webby was a ferkin shambles and now I've gone and updated my Tomtom 60.

Latest version v16.101, has laid a load of devices barely operational, without factory resets, recoveries and updates, which still do nothing to solve the problem and don't allow the user to unwind the update to an earlier version.

Indications of falling standards in the digital world as devices worldwide refuse to accept instructions, reboot consistently and are blind to 99% of the nations' average/speed/red-light cameras.

As this has been the case now for three weeks or so I wonder how much this will affect their bottom line if they don't pull out their fingers soon, before people start out on their summer jaunts.

Trouble is, they (tomtom), have form when it comes to taking ages to remedy obvious faults and shortcomings.

I shall be digging out the Garmin from the glove box tomorrow and will post here when the coast is clear.

If it were me now, I'd stay away from using the My Drive Connect software until I knew for sure that all was well.

Edited by TYREDNGRUMPEE, 27 April 2016 - 11:42 am.

#2 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:26 am

That happened to my Rider one last year, I barely use it because of the charging issues so it's not a major problem.

I use Navmii on my phone now anyway (used to be copilot IIRC)

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#3 jdelfino

jdelfino

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Location:Benalmadena Spain no more, The Hague no more, now Hampshire
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:46 am

"Here drive" from the microsoft phones is also gone, and sygic is useless junk, I am going to get my sextant out for proper navigation from now on
Sent from my secret Dick Tracy watch

#4 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:21 am

About 3 - 4 years ago I brought a TomTom "Home" (all singing and danceing thing) from a neighbour and immediately updated it and started to use it for my "weekend work" for a local hauliers so you can imagine how many destinations I have saved in "my favorites" !! all good so far untill last Summer when SWMBO and I decided to drive through France and down to Southern Spain to stay with my brother and his family for a couple of weeks, so thought it would be prudent of me to update the old TomTom again to cover my ass in case of new roads and all that, all good again, well it was untill the first time I went to use it for my weekend driving job and the poxy "update" had wiped off all my favorites saved over the previous 3 years , bloody brilliant !!! Bit of an over site there TomTom :huh:

Edited by Gdogg, 23 April 2016 - 01:32 pm.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#5 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:00 am

Cheers, won't be updating mine till I hear better news then.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#6 Oafski

Oafski

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 141 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:22 am

Reading this does give me a feeling of slight smugness about being an Old Luddite who still finds my way round using paper maps. :)

"No good deed goes unpunished"

"Lags Droopfinger" The Biking Viking

OCD- Old Coffin Dodger

#7 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:43 pm

Nothing gained by gloating now stop it. :unsure2:  

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#8 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:38 am

I've been struggling with this issue like loads of others and have got the cams working again along with live services operating.  Settings - System - Your information & privacy - toggle off "Use my location etc" (logs you off from Live services) - Reset (from System menu) - log back into live services: cameras there.

My Tomtom is now back up and running together with the latest v16.101 update.

The solution involves switching off permissions for Live services under "Your information and privacy". (toggle off "Use my Location etc) before resetting.

A soft system reset and then enable the information again by reversing the steps you took earlier.

Presumably, the Live Services information could not be updated/renewed/modified while the permissions were active.

The process seems to allow a purge/refresh of your Live Services information and should have been applied automatically.

#9 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:59 pm

Reading this does give me a feeling of slight smugness about being an Old Luddite who still finds my way round using paper maps. :)

I still sometimes use a chinagraph to draw and write on the tank :)

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tomtom, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users