#1 sando

sando

sticking around

• 30 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:32 pm

so picked up my steed today and instead of a fuel gauge i got a temp gauge
none of the lights on the dash seem to replicate a low fuel light
is there anything i can do to get one working?

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:41 pm

They won't, as mentioned ear http://www.carpe-tdm...l=&fromsearch=1you gots an early mk2.... Which has temp gauge rather than fool.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 sando

sando

sticking around

• 30 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:12 pm

so one can not be added?
do they have a warning light?

#4 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:55 pm

so one can not be added?
do they have a warning light?

ya can't add one easily as it's a lot of hassle to do so.  Simply use yer trip meter and reserve tap as that'll be more reliable.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 sando

sando

sticking around

• 30 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:53 pm

ok is there a diagram for positions?

#6 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:06 am

ok is there a diagram for positions?

Ok Sando,  is this yer first bike with a fuel tap?      There may be a tiny indicating arrow on the the movable part of the tap,   if so the tiny arrow pointing downwards at the 6 o clock position is  ON. Tiny arrow at the 9 o clock position is OFF. Tiny arrow pointing upwards to 12 o clock position is RESERVE. 

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#7 sando

sando

sticking around

• 30 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:16 am

thanks

#8 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:43 am

Attached File  Fuel tap.jpg   5.84KB   0 downloads

Look carefully and you will see the arrow

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#9 westaustdm

westaustdm

arrived on last train

• 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:09 pm

Tip:sharpen the arrow end (carefully) it's a thing I do to all my bikes that have taps.
Nothing teedium about a tdm.

#10 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:52 pm

Tip:sharpen the arrow end (carefully) it's a thing I do to all my bikes that have taps.

can ya elaborate some more?

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:17 pm

I'm thinking he makes the arrow end more pointy so's he can feel the difference atween the two ends without having to look at it.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#12 westaustdm

westaustdm

arrived on last train

• 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:36 pm

That's it Studley, while riding you can reach down and know the correct end of the tap... for reserve usually. A lot easier.

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:01 am

good idea.

That's it Studley, while riding you can reach down and know the correct end of the tap... for reserve usually. A lot easier.

good idea.

#14 westaustdm

westaustdm

arrived on last train

• 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:24 am

I have also noticed on classic vintage bikes some put neat rubber hose over 'the active' end... Maybe heat shrink (don't use flame to shrink it, lols).. I just find its annoying and takes my eye off the road looking for fuel taps. F. I. is not a problem, you just... Stop! Kidding, yes trip metre, light all that my other ride is a Buell so know that... Ride well ride cool. Jim.

#15 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:09 am

I like the rubber hose idea, maybe not great looking but easier in winter when you have thicker gloves on :)

#16 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:56 am

Another tip, If you ever take your tank off, just make sure you put the pipes back on the right way. 

#17 Dmb0916

Dmb0916

discovering Carpe

• 14 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:39 pm

Yes I bought my bike with the pipes on the wrong around, Found out when the bike ran totally empty on the dual carriageway

#18 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:56 pm

Yes I bought my bike with the pipes on the wrong around, Found out when the bike ran totally empty on the dual carriageway

Glad I'm not the only one !

I was a mile uphill from the new Shap services on the M6. Unfortunately they put a new junction in too so I daren't risk free wheeling across it. 

#19 ManonEdge

ManonEdge

sticking around

• 39 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:08 pm

Yep mine was like that too, never noticed the arrow before but the tap is longer on that end

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users