- - - - -

Oregon Bullet Cams

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:35 pm

Crikey, you make good looking kids or did you just snaffoo a local for the clip rotflmmfao.gif

Edited by Dannyboy, 30 December 2009 - 09:39 pm.

#22 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:43 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Wed 30th Dec 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crikey, you make good looking kids or did you just snaffoo a local for the clip rotflmmfao.gif

Thats my one & only daughter Isla. Good looks & she's smart....... don't know where she got that from.

Anyhow ATC5K cam strapped to the front of a 20 year old wooden sledge down a steep & bumpy slope at the local park. I think its not to bad, I think a bit more isolation when I mount it on the bike.
TAM

Edited by TDMTAM, 30 December 2009 - 09:44 pm.

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#23 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,312 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:45 pm

QUOTE(TDMTAM @ Wed 30th Dec 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats my one & only daughter Isla. Good looks & she's smart....... don't know where she got that from.

Anyhow ATC5K cam strapped to the front of a 20 year old wooden sledge down a steep & bumpy slope at the local park. I think its not to bad, I think a bit more isolation when I mount it on the bike.
TAM

ATC5K?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

#24 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:52 pm

What about a vid then?

#25 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:54 pm

QUOTE(Moose @ Wed 30th Dec 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ATC5K?
Yes 5K MrsTDMTAM bought it for me before the Aldi deal but i just got taken in by the new cam talk. May be time to start a Camera thread of its own.Sorry for the thread jacking.TAM
QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Wed 30th Dec 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about a vid then?
Did that not run as a video clip????Did you click on the image??? seemed to be working on mine.TAM

Edited by TDMTAM, 30 December 2009 - 09:56 pm.

1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

#26 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:11 pm

QUOTE(TDMTAM @ Wed 30th Dec 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

on sledge cam.
TAM

OK just got it playing. How much fun is that. We only have frozen roads here with no snow as yet.

#27 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:09 pm

I've had one o these for a while but not used it much.

It will fit to the rear footpeg using the circular clamp. Keep as far away as possible from the zorst tho.

I found that pointing it backwards is pretty hopeless audio-wise, anything over 25mph is just wind noise.

It might also clamp onto your bar end weight, depending.

I might be wrong but I think mine also picks up audio interference from the bike.

The menu is hard to read off and it's hard to tell if you've hit the record button or not so ideally it'd be best if fitted somewhere were the menu screen is visible.

Lastly, the rechargeable batteries I used only just managed a 20 min recording. Could be the batteries, I dunno.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#28 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:23 pm

They are only basic items but you can mod them. You can, according to web sites, adapt the lens and the audio but this compromises the waterproof status. Best option is just put an audio track on with any footage. My 12 year old daughter is going to show me how to do that when I manage to get the bike out. Yeh that menu is small, to small for me to read so I have just deleted any picks at the computer.

#29 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:39 pm

Hmmm interesting stuff about the mods Danny, do you have a linkydinky ? I might attempt a lens mod smile.gif

Did someone mention having a camera section ? tup.gif

I'm sure there's a few budding Speilbergs wanting to know what kit and software is used.

and we could pass on the knowledge gained from our offspring tongue.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#30 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:50 pm

EDITED
and
Utah trikes

#31 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:50 pm

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Thu 31st Dec 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and we could pass on the knowledge gained from our offspring tongue.gif

As Dandy says" on the cutting edge of technophobia"

TAM

#32 Bobajob

Bobajob

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:04 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Thu 31st Dec 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDITED
and
Utah trikes

Danny / Admins

One of these links is mailicious (first one I think) and takes you to a page that claims you have viruses on your PC. Please remove / edit these links immediately.

Although the second time I tried them everything was ok but best to investigate.

Attached Files

Edited by dapleb, 31 December 2009 - 02:35 pm.
EDITED as it quotes the link: dappers

1997 TDM850 MKII - Yamaha/Krauser panniers, Nexxus,cut down screen No Screen!, Osram nightbreakers, PR2s, Interphone F4. Missing her already and on the hunt for a newbie!

#33 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:18 pm

QUOTE(Bobajob @ Thu 31st Dec 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Danny / Admins

One of these links is mailicious (first one I think) and takes you to a page that claims you have viruses on your PC. Please remove / edit these links immediately.

Although the second time I tried them everything was ok but best to investigate.

I got a virus warning on that first link too !

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#34 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:32 pm

OK done. Thanks for the warning.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#35 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:42 pm

QUOTE(Bobajob @ Thu 31st Dec 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Danny / Admins

Very sorry, it never came up when I was viewing not that I would know what it meant anyway hidden.gif

#36 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:46 pm

Hmmm, just been reading both links while you posted Bob, nothing untoward happened here unsure.gif

Cheers Danny, most interesting smile.gif

Edited by Studley Ramrod, 31 December 2009 - 02:47 pm.

#37 Bobajob

Bobajob

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:35 pm

I'm with BT Broadband and got redirected to the infected page stomachvirus.com (I think)
possibly other ISPs are blocking the redirection.

Your Antivirus Software wouldn't pick it up until you agreed to download the software from the warning dialogue boxes on the webpage.
1997 TDM850 MKII - Yamaha/Krauser panniers, Nexxus,cut down screen No Screen!, Osram nightbreakers, PR2s, Interphone F4. Missing her already and on the hunt for a newbie!

#38 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:26 pm

Here's a few piccies of how I mounted my chrissie pressie to myself

Very frustrating not to be able to get out and test it due to the weather in these parts.

Looks like there will be a few video contests this summer

I looked for various places to use the handlebar clamp mount, when it occurred to be that I could clamp it to a piece of flat material. I used a piece of alloy I had knocking about the garage.

I gave it a slight bend to help reduce any vibration transmission along the mount. The bend had to be set to match the angle of the mirror top mount.

A quick hole drilled at the front of the bracked allows the handlebar clamp to be bolted on

The mount is set to level and the video then clips into place

Quite chuffed with my efforts, but the proof will be in the pudding when I give it a go on the bike

BD

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#39 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:46 pm

Looks the Bees Dave. Never heard of the drift model before but it looks good. Front lens looks like the wide angle type.

#40 treadman

treadman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:44 pm

this is where i put mine ala the youtube pics

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users