big dave

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:49 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Sat 2nd Jan 2010, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks the Bees Dave. Never heard of the drift model before but it looks good. Front lens looks like the wide angle type.

Well spotted Danny, it's got a 170° wide angle lens, which can be rotated through 300°.

Will be interesting to see how the videos compare when we get the opportunity to get out on our bike (by the time I get to use it. it will probably out of warranty !!)

It's got high quality video (720 x 480 pixel) recording, 5 mega pixel photo ability and a 1.5" colour LCD screen for playback.
It's also got a 5m wireless RF remote control but I can't see me using that much as I've mounted the camera in a very accessible position

BD

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#42 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:24 pm

I think we're all in the same boat with the weather. I ordered a couple of those San disk memory cards 10 days ago and they still havent arrived. Play.com is usualy pretty good but Im getting fed up waiting now.

#43 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:58 pm

Due to the weather & therefore the lack of biking, I am thinking I am going to mount the cam to the front of the polo on the wat to work tomorrow for some 4 wheel snow drifting in rush hour traffic action rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif
TAM
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#44 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:37 pm

I found the thread from a few weeks ago.

http://www.carpe-tdm...amp;hl=mounting

Mounted the camera to the side fairing

I had the camera set to the wrong angle dry.gif but hopefully that will change tomorrow as I found a different mountind place.

got the vid to upload

Edited by Daveb, 18 January 2010 - 08:59 pm.

1999 TDM850 MKII Black, Silver (Sold)
2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#45 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:52 pm

I vid my journey home tonight with camera on lid, again I had it set wrong, all I got this time was the dash on TDM, no scenery dry.gif but it did show my life savers etc but with turbulence the lid looked like my head was going to be ripped off. on a plus side I was good and managed to keep at legal speeds (just in case plod.gif )

I think I will try the fairing again but take time to see how the lens position looks. plus it does not look so conspicuous

ps I though tonights vid was s excl.gif t so I deleted it.

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#46 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:54 pm

Looks like a decent place to put it on the side pod. I found it's better if I can put the cam somewhere where there's plenty of light getting to the cam. If I placed it in a shady area the contrast becomes too sharp and looks crappy.

I used the bar clamp attachment and fitted mine to the rear footpeg which gives a good rearward view, never tried it pointing forward from there though. It'd also prolly fit onto my rear rack without too much trouble.

Next time I'm gonna use the same clamp with some padding and fit the cam on my bar end weight smile.gif

Or maybe try and see if it'll strap onto my lower leg hmmmmmm.......

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#47 fatchap

fatchap

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Location:Sunny Blackpool The FORMER home of Premier League Football
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:38 pm

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Tue 19th Jan 2010, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like a decent place to put it on the side pod. I found it's better if I can put the cam somewhere where there's plenty of light getting to the cam. If I placed it in a shady area the contrast becomes too sharp and looks crappy.

I used the bar clamp attachment and fitted mine to the rear footpeg which gives a good rearward view, never tried it pointing forward from there though. It'd also prolly fit onto my rear rack without too much trouble.

Next time I'm gonna use the same clamp with some padding and fit the cam on my bar end weight smile.gif

Or maybe try and see if it'll strap onto my lower leg hmmmmmm.......

I have found that the best place (On the 900) is attatched to the radiator hose. Clamp it to the hose where you can feel the radiator pipe underneath, so it won't crush the hose. The only downside is that in sunny weather, because the lens is pointing slightly upwards, the contast is too much.

#48 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:10 pm

OK I took my first clip today and edited it via Windows movie maker to sound but I cant upload it to Photobucket. Tried everything I know about puters but thats not an awfull lot. So how do I do it? Should I be using another media editor.

#49 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:17 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Thu 21st Jan 2010, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK I took my first clip today and edited it via Windows movie maker to sound but I cant upload it to Photobucket. Tried everything I know about puters but thats not an awfull lot. So how do I do it? Should I be using another media editor.

Danny, when you downloaded your first clip what was the extension at the end? (the 3 letters after the .?)
Windows movie maker edits windows media files (.wmf)

EDIT: I just looked on google and the Oregon outputs in .AVI format, If you want to edit you will need an AVI editor.
Try www.tucows.com or cnet.com (downloads) you may find freeware or shareware there.

Another thing, when you tried to upload to photobucket you did choose upload video and not upload photo by habit?
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#50 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:45 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Thu 21st Jan 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Danny, when you downloaded your first clip what was the extension at the end? (the 3 letters after the .?)
Windows movie maker edits windows media files (.wmf)

EDIT: I just looked on google and the Oregon outputs in .AVI format, If you want to edit you will need an AVI editor.
Try www.tucows.com or cnet.com (downloads) you may find freeware or shareware there.

Another thing, when you tried to upload to photobucket you did choose upload video and not upload photo by habit?

Cheers, No I used upload video.

#51 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:32 pm

Could it be a filesize limit/restriction doohickey kicking in ? Haven't used photobucket tho.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#52 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:45 pm

No its just bloody Windows making things 10 times more complicated that needed. If any one else is having the same problem use this fix.
1.Open the movie file on movie maker
2.Click 'file' on menu and select 'save movie file' or 'ctrl+P'
3.Select 'my computer' and browse the location where you want to save (I just started a new folder under file name "videos") and click 'next' , 'next' and done
now your file will be saved as .wmv file by default
Shimples.
Now for a couple of anadin.

#53 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:56 pm

laugh.gif I'm Dannyboy and I invented Windows 7......................not !

#54 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:39 pm

I got some good not great footage today with the camera mounted to the side of my lid, downside was the shape of lids moved the lens to show more of the oncomming lane but only 1/2 the lane I was travelling in.

I will edit and post link tomorrow

changed my mind

Edited by Daveb, 21 January 2010 - 09:00 pm.

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#55 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:53 pm

Fingers Crossed
2.5 degrees and damp roads but still worth it just to get out.

#56 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:01 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Thu 21st Jan 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fingers Crossed
2.5 degrees and damp roads but still worth it just to get out.

And our survey said..............

X

TAM

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#57 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:24 pm

How about THIS

Edited by Dannyboy, 21 January 2010 - 09:41 pm.

#58 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:38 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Thu 21st Jan 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about THIS

Testicles, it works on preview post but not when posted.

this one works
http://s216.photobuc...ry2010_0001.flv

Edited by Dannyboy, 21 January 2010 - 10:56 pm.

#59 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:52 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Thu 21st Jan 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Testicles, it works on preview post but not when posted.

this one works
http://s216.photobuc...ry2010_0001.flv

Worked for me using 'img code', I think you may have used 'direct link'.

CODE
[URL=http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc304/dannysbike/DANS%20VIDEOS/?action=view&current=ColddayinJanuary2010_0001.flv][IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc304/dannysbike/DANS%20VIDEOS/th_ColddayinJanuary2010_0001.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#60 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:23 am

looking goog there Dan, where did you position the camera on the bike?

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users