7 replies to this topic

#1 Latestarter

Latestarter

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:53 pm

A great ride out this afternoon 120+ mile through the Wiltshire & Hampshire countryside. The new Givi X.01 Touring helmet came into its own with the hot weather, swapped it from a full face to an open face and made the ride even more enjoyable - a great addition to the collection.

https://youtu.be/Ho-o3gqWkbY

Great looks with even better functionality, what else do you need from a helmet.

Edited by Latestarter, 28 August 2017 - 08:53 pm.

2003 TDM900 in Galaxy Blue with 32k on the clock

Scottolier, TDM Gel Saddle, Blue HEL Brake Line Upgrade Feeding Blue Spot Callipers. Air Intake Mod,

Oxford Heated Grips, Polisport Handguards, RM-G Crash bars & Centre Stand, Givi
Touring & Double Bubble Screens, Bar Risers, Renthal 755 Riser Bars,
Givi E22N Panniers & Top Box, Clear Indicator Lens Conversation, Clear LED Rear Light Conversion, Mirror Extenders, TDM Stainless Radiator Cover and Stainless Screen Screws, SP Performance Carbon Tri-Oval Cans,
HID Headlight Upgrade, DRL Spotlights and Still Spending But Dont Tell The Wife!!

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:17 am

Nice hat it is, prefer the Shark evoline as it just flips over your head, but for the price of the Givi a great buy.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:46 am

That's my hemlet!

Concur with your post. It very quickly became my helmet of choice.

Far from perfect but adapts to everything. Great visibility from the wide visor and peak to block low sun. Internal sun visor rocks but mists up. Yeah, bizarre weather down here.

Going from highway to gravel during the summer I stop and put the chin guard in my bag. Go open face through the beautiful bush roads.

It's light but noisy compared to a full face, such is ADV helmets. Despite the peak I've never suffered significant buffeting. Not neutral, not uncomfortable either.

I managed to strip the interior out of the helmet to find a screw which had fallen out of the sun visor. It all went back together! No broken press studs or stripped screws. Unbelievable.

Mine has been well and truly sweated in and had a few rocks bounce off it. Still wears and looks good.

Originally, when I had a loose screw, I thought the helmet was cheaply made. It's definitely profitable.. Then I realised it's well designed and with patience a great helmet. It's very smartly made. Excellent light weight ADV helmet. Balaclavas and earplugs if you ride extremely.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:33 am

Ah but, is it waterproof ? :unsure2:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 Got1now

Got1now

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:07 am

Nice hat it is, prefer the Shark evoline as it just flips over your head, but for the price of the Givi a great buy.

+1 for the evoline, I find there's quite a high level of wind roar, but earplugs sort that. With the chinguard flipped back, it's a nice, comfy open-faced helmet.

#6 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:51 pm

Music and earplugs sort any wind noise for me, only really have the chin guard down if it's pishing or doing a ton up in Espana, best helmet to date :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:00 pm

Then why don't ya do a review about it, cough cough.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#8 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:28 pm

Must look into this. Last trip I was completely blinded by the sun, so a peak is what I needs. Just concerned about the peak creating wind noise and/or pushing the head back.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users