#1 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 16 August 2020 - 11:34 pm

Hi all, Long time no see. 

Been having a clear out of my shed lately and it turns out I've amassed quite a few parts over the years.
Seems there is not a cat in hells chance I'm gonna get to rebuild my TDM in the next few years, I figured I may as well clear some space from the shed for now. 
Seems the Bike is now sold I'll list all the parts here for first pickings then it's off to ebay land.

I'd prefer parts collected from Swinton, or I can post the smaller bits. 
Please feel free to make me an offer on the parts, I might even take a cheeky lowball. Just give it a try. 

Thanks guys 

All images of parts are in this gallery, I've attached one image for each part in this thread, but for more details pictures, use this link. 

IMG 3340
Album: Lewis' Parts
140 images
0 comments

Bagster tank cover in black, has a small red Yamaha logo on the side, One of the tabs on the rollover clips that holds a tank bag in place has half broken off, it can still be pushed down and pulled up, it's just a little fiddly. all the other clips are good. Cost me a pretty penny, so £50 sound alright? £56 Delivered?

IMG 3665

Givi Tubular Luggage rack * No fitting kit for an 850 

So I left the fitting kit on the bike, it's been 10 years since I fit this, and I was taking it off in a rush in a dark garage so you'll have to let me off. 

£50 Collected if its any use to anyone on here, otherwise it'll end up on ebay 

IMG 3672

Front Wheel in pretty good condition, comes with a load of free dust but underneath its not bad for 21 years old - has a PR2 on it, think it's about 10 years old so I'd be changing that, disks seem ok-ish. They were an advisory on the mot for being scorn/worn so I'd not be going racing, but they are original and intact so maybe good as spares. mainly it's the wheel that's up here, everything else is free. £40

IMG 3530
IMG 3532

Rear Wheel - again with free dust. and again not too bad a condition. Brake disk is scorn, sprocket will need replacing but thanks to the scottoiler the bolts should be well greased. Cush drive looks alright too for the age and is still rubbery. general wheel condition is ok but the tyre is well past it. Ideally I'd want the wheels collecting otherwise it's going to be a heft postage bill.  £40

IMG 3524
IMG 3525

Tank - Red - I think off a pre 99 bike as it doesn't look like there is anywhere for a fuel gauge. Pretty good nick, no fuel cap, but has tap which moves and brackets pictured. It has decals and lettering on there but I'm not sure if it's original. £60
IMG 3338

Swing arm, original with what seems to be original paint, from my 99 as I got a spare and had it powered coated.  This has a little bit of rust under the paint, but I've given it a poke and it seems to all be surface rust. just needs a rub down and a paint. chain adjusters are included, and the bearings and covers are there too. The wheel spindle bolt thread is knackered so needs replacing completely. Comes free with all the muck! £40
IMG 3382

Original screen, in much better condition that the one above, lettering is peeling off at the bottom, but I probably have some old decals lying around in an envelope. If I find them I'll throw one in. £10
IMG 3399

Bagster Tank Bag, This is the large leather tank bag that expands out, I think it could take a full face helmet when expended though I've never tried. I'm sure there is also a backpack attachment but I don't have that. I liked this bag for big tours as you could fit loads in it, but when it wasnt full it can be a bit of a pain. has a removable attached rain cover in an underneath pocket, the clear plastic on the top has yellowed a little and the leather could probably do with a suppling treatment. £20
IMG 3420

Headlight, bought as spare and never fit, looks like there is some bubbling on the lens, maybe from a too high wattage bulb? £30
IMG 3426

Taillight, again bought as a spare, probably to mod, never got round to it, £10
IMG 3433

Clocks and kit for gear position indicator. The clocks are original off my bike and are stuck at 41K miles. Took me a while to realise this as everything else still works, including the trip! Probably fixable. also comes with a 6 way waterproof plug, heat shrink, resistors and some cat5 cable. I believe this is whats needed to make a gear position indicator in the clocks. Never got round to doing mine before I had to replace the clocks for the MOT. £20?
IMG 3495

Any questions let me know. 
I also have some stuff on eBay, 

Pictures and descriptions are in the links and I'm happy to offer discounts for Carpe Members if bought outside of eBay. 

Standard Seat - No Lock

https://www.ebay.co....984.m1555.l2649

Rear Grab Rail with Givi Rack 

Rear Grab Rail in Red - couple of marks on it 

Thanks 

Thanks 

Edited by LewisBlackburn, 24 November 2020 - 02:27 pm.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:19 am

How do Lew?

I would like front brake calipers, rear calipot bits, brake onion and chain guard please and thank you.

If you just have a cold and were really saying Swindon then oid come and pick em oop else will require them posted please.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:19 am

is that Swinton near Eccles?

fancy the fairing and rear fairings if it is

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#4 DaveW

DaveW

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 59 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:23 am

Hi Lewis
Has the chain slider got much life left in it? If yes, how much please. Thanks.

#5 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:17 am

How do Lew?

I would like front brake calipers, rear calipot bits, brake onion and chain guard please and thank you.

If you just have a cold and were really saying Swindon then oid come and pick em oop else will require them posted please.

No bad thanks Dapleb, just life getting in the way of the TDM at the moment, but It could be so much worse. 

Swinton, in Manchester I'm afraid, Let me weigh up the bits and get you a cost for postage, I'll PM you the details. 

is that Swinton near Eccles?

fancy the fairing and rear fairings if it is

Yeah, more Pendlebury to be honest, I'll have a look, see if i can dig out that centre piece for the rear fairing and then PM you some more details bud. Was it the side fairing as well as the rears or the front??? 

Hi Lewis
Has the chain slider got much life left in it? If yes, how much please. Thanks.

Is that the chain adjusters in the end of the swing arm? or the rubber part that bolts to the swing arm? 

If either or those, they come with the swing arm as a whole. 

Edited by LewisBlackburn, 17 August 2020 - 09:12 am.

#6 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:34 am

Hi Lew,  u certain those carbs. are off of a TDM?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:09 am

Hi Lew,  u certain those carbs. are off of a TDM?

Come to think of it, maybe not, They were in the box with some other carb bits, and 2 sets from my XS750, (triple) 

I just presumed as they were 2, they were TDM carbs. They might be off an XS650.

Thanks for the heads up

I'll do some investigating. 

#8 MickC

MickC

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:10 am

Lewis

I would like the Nose Fairing and Original screen and the belly pan please but will need post to SA200NR can I get them.Thanks

Sorry just seen the fairing is wanted by Drewpy if he gets the fairing no point in the rest,let me know either way please.

Edited by MickC, 17 August 2020 - 09:13 am.

#9 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:06 pm

Come to think of it, maybe not, They were in the box with some other carb bits, and 2 sets from my XS750, (triple) 

I just presumed as they were 2, they were TDM carbs. They might be off an XS650.

Thanks for the heads up

I'll do some investigating. 

if they are MK TDM carbs (1996-2002)  they will have en electric plug on the side for the TPS

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#10 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:34 pm

Ta Lewis.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#11 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 01:49 pm

if they are MK TDM carbs (1996-2002)  they will have en electric plug on the side for the TPS

They aren't TDM Carbs  :rolleyes:  That'll teach me for not labelling bits up. 

Jogging my memory now, I think I got the XS 650 carbs for parts as they are the same 34mm Mikuni carburettor as on the 750. 

Thanks for the heads up! Much Appreciated. 

#12 DaveW

DaveW

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 59 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:16 pm

Chain slider.
Thanks Lewis. I can see it on the swing arm. Didn't look before I asked. Thanks anyway. No problem. Makes sense to leave it there.

#13 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:40 pm

Yeah, more Pendlebury to be honest, I'll have a look, see if i can dig out that centre piece for the rear fairing and then PM you some more details bud. Was it the side fairing as well as the rears or the front??? 

front fairing and rear stuff, if that side fairing has the lower plastic stud on the bottom, i could use it

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#14 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:27 pm

Bits all arrived safe. Ta very much Lewis.

#15 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:48 am

Added a few more bits up top.

#16 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:45 am

I would loike the brake pads please Lew.

#17 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:45 pm

I would loike the brake pads please Lew.

All of them Dapleb?

#18 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:59 pm

Unless anyone else wants some oil have em all please Lew, will keep me pootling for 100years.

Edit: and screen bolts too pleasey

#19 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:18 am

Everything that's showing is still available for sale

Feel free to make me offers of any amount on anything,

I've added a few more bits and some Ebay Links too

Ta

#20 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)

Posted 01 December 2020 - 11:54 am

Hi Lewis

Stand arrived today but there is a plate missing.

Is it still lurking at your end?

http://www.carpe-tdm...lery&image=2626

I've had a rummage in the box and it's not there, the box is well battered.

Does anyone have one that can check the thickness and see if it's identical to the spring side (except spring hanger of course) in case I have to make one.

Edited by Snowbird, 01 December 2020 - 12:12 pm.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users