25 replies to this topic

#1 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:07 pm

Matlock, Peter Kelly and myself are meeting up on route to Holy Head for the Saturday 8.55 ferry.

Can I suggest 5.45 am at the little Chef past the Mold turn off ( A494) on the A55.

The Chef dosen't open till 7.00 am but there is a garage there which should be open.

Then we have to meet up with Pict, some where, this side of the water. drinks.gif

If anyone else is traveling down on the Saturday, if the want to travel down to Kerry with us,

I think the Ferry gets into Dun Laoghaire at 10.54 am.

The more the merrier.. good.gif

Cheers, Ivan

Edited by Geordie Guy, 25 June 2008 - 05:24 am.

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#2 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:05 am

If anyone else is traveling down on the Saturday, if the want to travel down to Kerry with us,

I think the Ferry gets into Dun Laoghaire at 10.54 am.

Would like to tag along with you guys for the journey down.

I will be coming down from Newry just over the border.

Edited by Paddy900, 25 June 2008 - 12:07 am.

#3 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:00 am

QUOTE(Geordie Guy @ Tue 24th Jun 2008, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then we have to meet up with Pict, some where, this side of the water.

Thanks for the thought , Ivan good.gif To make the trip more leisurely, I'll be stopping overnight B&B in Holyhead, so will see you guys at the dockside? I guess there'll be a muster point for bikes? Hope I can wake up and get going in time. On the other side, don't let me hold you back, though it'd be good to have company at least every so often. From recent G2G evidence I can keep up fairly well - on a good day the scoot will clock a cruising 80 (70+ real?), but I may not be having a good day as my condition comes and goes. I have maps and satnav if I need 'em, so don't worry.

Edited by Pict, 25 June 2008 - 05:08 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#4 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:48 am

Hey, I won't be blasting down there in a hurry, Pict.

This is a Holiday for me not a race meet and I want to have a chance of seeing the scenery not concentrating on the break light in front.

So I will be cruising not bruising... yu.gif

The easiest way is to have several rendezvous points and for people to get there at their own pace. That way everyone enjoys themselves.

Pushing your limits to keep up, is pushing your luck.... !!!!!!

Last years September G2G proved that to me, Far too fast for comfort, but, I thought if they can do that on the TDM then the bike is capable of doing it. All fine and Dandy, till one of them came off ! punishment.gif Then it slowed down.

So, I will be at the back, soaking in the Irish Charm.

Cheers, Ivan

QUOTE(Paddy900 @ Wed 25th Jun 2008, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would like to tag along with you guys for the journey down.I will be coming down from Newry just over the border.
Great, Paddy900 Where do you suggest ?

Edited by Geordie Guy, 25 June 2008 - 05:50 am.

#5 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:28 am

I don't know if your ferry is the 'fast' one but on Monday Stena Line announced that the 'fast' ferries would now take 15 mins longer each way to save fuel. Stena are also warning of roadworks on the A55 and suggesting you allow an extra 30 mins. Worth checking their website or calling their ferrycheck number 08705 755 755 before you hit the road.

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#6 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:58 am

meself, Hutch & catsbum are meeting at my mates (DoubleP) in Portskewett on the Sunday evening
(i'm guessing curry & a few hands of Texas holdem will be in order cool.gif)
we are on the Monday 11:30am ferry out from Fishguard so will be heading out at 8am-ish

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#7 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:54 am

Ivan, plan sounds good for me. good.gif
Pict, don't worry about holding us up, I'm not racing across Ireland either. I don't mind missing the evening news, but I don't want to be on it. blink.gif
TeDeum, thanks for the tips. I got an email about the 15 minute schedule change, but didn't know about the roadworks or the ferrycheck number.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#8 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:17 pm

our pace will be reasonably gentle
cats is on his XTZ, hutch is still a new rider and i'll either have no 3rd gear or a new engine to run in......

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#9 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:43 pm

I will probably meet you all down at Dun Laoghire Port . That way it will easier for everyone to stick together.

It will be a good time of the day for exiting Dublin.

We dont have to far to travel to link onto the M50

#10 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:14 am

Who needs a SatNav......?

When you can have PaddyNav..... banana.gif

Great News.... good.gif

#11 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:57 am

QUOTE(Geordie Guy @ Thu 26th Jun 2008, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who needs a SatNav......?

When you can have PaddyNav..... banana.gif
Great News.... good.gif

rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

When my son started driving he would often ring for directions around Ireland

His friend said who needs Tom Tom when we have..........Wait for it

PAT PAT

Edited by Paddy900, 26 June 2008 - 07:07 am.

#12 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:51 am

Pat Pat...

wifgeni.gif

#13 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:12 pm

Thought you would like that one Ivan. rotflmmfao.gif

By the way the Euro is a good rate today for anyone going to change money.

Its just hit and miss getting a good rate. You are better changing your money on the mainland before coming over.

#14 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:27 pm

QUOTE(Geordie Guy @ Wed 25th Jun 2008, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, I won't be blasting down there in a hurry, Pict.

This is a Holiday for me not a race meet and I want to have a chance of seeing the scenery not concentrating on the break light in front.

So I will be cruising not bruising... yu.gif

The easiest way is to have several rendezvous points and for people to get there at their own pace. That way everyone enjoys themselves.

Pushing your limits to keep up, is pushing your luck.... !!!!!!

Last years September G2G proved that to me, Far too fast for comfort, but, I thought if they can do that on the TDM then the bike is capable of doing it. All fine and Dandy, till one of them came off ! punishment.gif Then it slowed down.

So, I will be at the back, soaking in the Irish Charm.

Cheers, Ivan

Great, Paddy900 Where do you suggest ?

Soaking up the views and gentle touring is my aim too.
Pretty sure I'll be taking a shed load of pics during the week. And looking at the gear piling up to go on the bike, she won't be going anywhere fast either. tongue.gif

#15 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:43 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Thu 26th Jun 2008, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Soaking up the views and gentle touring is my aim too.
Pretty sure I'll be taking a shed load of pics during the week. And looking at the gear piling up to go on the bike, she won't be going anywhere fast either. tongue.gif

You're packing already CB? blink.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#16 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:07 pm

QUOTE(Matlock @ Thu 26th Jun 2008, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're packing already CB? blink.gif

i'm suprised he aint already sitting on the dock of the bay watching the tide roll away, tapping his feet and tutting coz the rest of us aint arrived yet tongue.gif

My TDM :

#17 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:17 pm

QUOTE(Paddy900 @ Thu 26th Jun 2008, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
on the mainland .

Don't start that again rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

Stu

#18 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:21 pm

Tony: punishment.gif

Well, 1st Tour for me in 15 years so I'm like a 16yr old in a Brothel.

I've got kit lying around like bags n maps n stuff, if I get really bored I might list it all ambusy.gif

I love Ireland, can't wait! yahoo.gif

Edited by CatsBum, 26 June 2008 - 02:22 pm.

#19 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:28 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Thu 26th Jun 2008, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tony: punishment.gif

Well, 1st Tour for me in 15 years so I'm like a 16yr old in a Brothel.

I've got kit lying around like bags n maps n stuff, if I get really bored I might list it all ambusy.gif

I love Ireland, can't wait! yahoo.gif

lol
make 3 piles
essentials
wanted
nice to haves

discard the 'nice to haves' and half the wanted and make 3 piles with whats left over
rinse and repeat until it fits in your topbox

My TDM :

#20 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:27 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Thu 26th Jun 2008, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
like a 16yr old in a Brothel.punishment.gif

Happy Days.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users