25 replies to this topic

#21 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:52 am

But have you thrown it in a river yet Len, apparently you have to do that on its first outing!

Ouch. That was a bit harsh, Chris. First day out in the Scottish Borders I was crossing a ford. There were cobbles at the exit and the front wheel just slipped away and down I went. The cobbles seemed to be covered in moss but my buddy followed on his Super Ten and he dropped it at exactly the same place. It was a lot easier to pick up the Himalayan than the Ten. On examination I realised that my handlebars were bent on the fall so she is now sporting nice new shiny Yamaha bars, which I had in the garage.

I am enjoying the bike. It is a blast on the country roads up here and there are no motorways here anyway. There is a lot of fun to be had with a small bike, but I wouldn't part with my TDM.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#22 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:19 am

But have you thrown it in a river yet Len, apparently you have to do that on its first outing!

It's done 20 metres along a burn, does that count? I see I'm going to have to start using me camera to impress some of you landbubbers.

Edited by muddy, 13 April 2019 - 08:19 am.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#23 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:11 pm

Cheers for the update
I understand where you're coming from 're cleaning etc
The fact that servicing etc is more straightforward etc is a bonus

My Son reckons that I don't want to buy a New Bike ( Modern ) because I Like when
something goes wrong and I can Fart around with it
He may have a point !

#24 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:16 pm

Needs Stainless Muddy, looks like yours or AliG bike will have to be the guinea pig. Well practised on making RE bits.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#25 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:32 pm

I'll be happy to be a guinea pig for some Henty stainless Lee. There's a well known issue I've got on the Himmy of an oil leak due to one M6 30mm cylinder head bolt being too short and likely under torqued. Needs to be 35mm.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#26 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:27 am

Pm addy I will send you a 35mm one and copper seal.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users