#1 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:48 pm

Hi all,
I enjoyed myself so much at the September G2G in Aviemore that I thought I'd try to put something back and sound out the interest for a long weekend in Brittany next April, 8th to the 11th. I went to a biker's B&B there in March of this year and intend going back so am prepared to organise the event if there are any takers.
Plan would be to go over on the ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre with LD Lines on the Thursday night (7th). Ferry leaves at 23.00 so that should give people time to get there without taking Thursday off (unless anyone from up norf is coming). The ferry gets in to Le Havre at 8.00am and we would have the whole day to get to the B&B. It's about 200 miles, but to make it interesting, it is possible to avoid the motorway and take some nice country roads and even go via Mont St Michel. which is worth the detour. Then there would be 2 days riding and return on Monday to the ferry terminal for departure at 17.00.
The accomodation is run by an English biker couple and Ken (one of the owners), will organise a guided ride-out on the Saturday. We would then decide on a route for Sunday (with Ken's help), depending on where everybody wanted to go (let's hope we are not relying on TonyDevil's satnav, though). Check out the link to the B&B. They are in the process of updating the website for 2011, but Ken says that he will hold the price of 100 Euro for the 3 nights, if there are 6 or more in the group. Otherwise it will be 110 Eur. They can take a maximum of 12 in a mix of doubles, twins and triples, depending on the mix of the group. I stayed there in March and the accomodation was comfortable and clean. Food was good and there was a plentiful supply of beer and wine. There is also secure parking for the bikes, but to be honest, it is a small village so they would be ok anyway. The roads are a delight there with minimal traffic.
The cost of the ferry is £65.00 return which includes the obligatory aircraft type seat. Upgrades are possible. Depending on where you are coming from, it is, of course, possible to take a different crossing and a meeting point could be arranged.
In terms of outlay, the ferry would have to be booked and paid for, but the B&B only require a deposit of £10 per head, which is non-refundable. The link to the website is below as is the one for LD Lines.
Let me know what you think and we'll see if there is any interest.
Ali

http://www.mototaranis.com
http://www.ldlines.co.uk

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#2 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:02 pm

Thinking that this sounds like a great way to blow out the cobwebs. Are these early dates to beat the beginning of the main season?

#3 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,445 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:18 pm

To be honest, I just wanted something asap and I am going to Germany in June, so thought I could squeeze in a weekend before then.
Ali
QUOTE(TYREDNGRUMPEE @ Sun 19th Sep 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thinking that this sounds like a great way to blow out the cobwebs. Are these early dates to beat the beginning of the main season?

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#4 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:54 pm

I'm in

#5 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:05 am

I'm up for this too, when do we need to book by etc?
Now on 9er number 2 .....

#6 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:16 am

Thanks Ali, nice idea, but I'll have to give it a miss I'm afraid. As part of the negotiations with SWMBO for my attendance at the next RTT in Germany, I had to promise not to go on any other G2Gs involving an overnight stay in 2011 dry.gif . Something about spending more of my holidays with Carpe this year than with my family. hide.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#7 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,445 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:24 pm

Good question. I just got an answer back from the ferry company that the current price quoted for the crossing is likely to remain unchanged for at least a month. Thereafter, it could increase but they are not sure. As far as the accomodation is concerned, we need to pay a £10 deposit per head, but I will keep the owner updated of the numbers and would say that the sooner we confirm, the better.Sorry if that sounds a bit vague.Ali
QUOTE(Saga Lout @ Tue 21st Sep 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No worries, Matlock. Look forward to seeing you for the Germany jaunt. Perhaps we can get in touch nearer the time and go in a group. What ferry crossing are you intending using?Ali
QUOTE(Matlock @ Tue 21st Sep 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Ali, nice idea, but I'll have to give it a miss I'm afraid. As part of the negotiations with SWMBO for my attendance at the next RTT in Germany, I had to promise not to go on any other G2Gs involving an overnight stay in 2011 dry.gif . Something about spending more of my holidays with Carpe this year than with my family. hide.gif

#8 Stratman

Stratman

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:40 pm

Was thinking of going to Brittany in April myself before I read this, so could well be up for it although I may book an extra day.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

#9 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:43 pm

Cheers for all the good work Ali, will keep an eye on your updates

#10 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:03 pm

I may well be up for this but might be a bit last minute as it'll depend on work

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#11 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,445 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:26 pm

Great. If anyone else wants to extend their stay, they quote Eur35 for half-board.
QUOTE(Stratman @ Tue 21st Sep 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was thinking of going to Brittany in April myself before I read this, so could well be up for it although I may book an extra day.

#12 DazzerB

DazzerB

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:09 pm

I'm also a possible definite maybe, just need to be a good boy for the rest of the year . . . laugh.gif

#13 Bobos

Bobos

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:19 pm

Unless you're already full on this one, I'd like to provisionally put my name down for the trip. Been hanging around the forum for a few months (thanks for all offered advice during this time), figure it'd be good to put a few faces to names.

Apparently I've got go away with the missus on the weekend of the 16th April but that could be moved if necessary!
We're all going to die, so let's be nice.

#14 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,445 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:26 pm

Hi Bobo,
We'd love to have you. I'll be posting an update in the next few days, but I have spoken to the owner of the B&B and he has reserved the whole place for us and I need to firm up the numbers a bit by the end of October.
I appreciate (and so does he) that it is difficult for some people to commit in October to an event that won't take place until April, but if we can confirm at least 5 or 6, we have the potential for a cracking time and we still have the potential to get some latecomers as the date gets closer.
Take care.
Ali
QUOTE(Bobos @ Tue 28th Sep 2010, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you're already full on this one, I'd like to provisionally put my name down for the trip. Been hanging around the forum for a few months (thanks for all offered advice during this time), figure it'd be good to put a few faces to names.

Apparently I've got go away with the missus on the weekend of the 16th April but that could be moved if necessary!

#15 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,445 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:08 pm

Update: I have spoken to the owner of the B&B and he has confirmed that the cost for the weekend will be EUR100 and if anyone wants an additional day it will be EUR35. He would like provisional numbers by the end of October and the EUR10 per head deposit by end of November. Checked the ferry price today and it is still £65. Hopefully you will be up for it now Cats as you now have insurance. Am looking forward to seeing your new white niner.
Can you let me know asap guys.
Thanks
Ali

#16 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:40 pm

QUOTE(AliG @ Wed 13th Oct 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Update: I have spoken to the owner of the B&B and he has confirmed that the cost for the weekend will be EUR100 and if anyone wants an additional day it will be EUR35. He would like provisional numbers by the end of October and the EUR10 per head deposit by end of November. Checked the ferry price today and it is still £65. Hopefully you will be up for it now Cats as you now have insurance. Am looking forward to seeing your new white niner.
Can you let me know asap guys.
Thanks
Ali

Yep
Still in. Do you want me to pay you and then you pay him, or?

#17 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:09 pm

QUOTE(Saga Lout @ Tue 21st Sep 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Steve

You still up for this, I could come your way and grab you, after youve cooked me a nice dinner.

#18 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:19 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Wed 13th Oct 2010, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve

You still up for this, I could come your way and grab you, after youve cooked me a nice dinner.

Yep, its in my diary and can probably rustle up a pot noodle and a doughnut rotflmmfao.gif

#19 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:43 pm

Ali, please just let me know when you want some dosh for the deposit, also we should all perhaps coordinate out booking of the ferry?

Edited by Saga Lout, 13 October 2010 - 09:45 pm.

#20 DazzerB

DazzerB

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:45 pm

I'm still in, just let us know how we need to pay the deposit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users