#21 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:58 pm

QUOTE(LewisBlackburn @ Tue 18th Jan 2011, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe closer to the time I'd consider it but financially at the moment I think Im stuck with Uk only meets with only cost being petrol, board and food.

Lew wink.gif

There's always this 1 to consider

http://www.carpe-tdm...showtopic=19606

2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#22 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:58 am

gotta book holiday dates at work asap

whats the expected date for this?
16-18 Sept?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#23 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:23 pm

QUOTE(Nanook @ Tue 18th Jan 2011, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've just checked and the MotoGP is the weekend before the G2G so wouldn't mind if someone else took over G2G the organising this year. It's quite simple (otherwise I couldn't have done it in previous years!). All you need to do is to check the bunkhouse availability and pencil in the required number of bunks; they'll expect a small holding deposit. Then you need to get the lads and lasses to cough up their dosh; I've always asked that they pay the full amount up front, if they subsequently drop out for any reason it's up to them to try to sell their places to someone else (I just couldn't get into the malarkey of refunds and the like). I haven't yet booked travel dates for the MotoGP but if I'm back by the G2G weekend I hope to at least join in one of the rideouts (so long as SWMBO gives me a pass!).

Sorry Joe, been away for a few days.
No problem, I can sort out the bunkhouse bookings this year.

I will see if I can set up a vote tomorrow to see which weekend suits most folk.

06 TDM 900 - gone but not forgotten.

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#24 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:25 pm

September G2G weekend now fixed to be 9th - 11th September 2011 by banana republic democratic voting!

We need to gauge the numbers for the bunkhouse booking so need confirmation of names & I'll come back with payment instructions so please confirm if you want a place in the bunkhouse for the Friday & Saturday night good.gif

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#25 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:29 pm

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Wed 26th Jan 2011, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
September G2G weekend now fixed to be 9th - 11th September 2011 by banana republic democratic voting!

We need to gauge the numbers for the bunkhouse booking so need confirmation of names & I'll come back with payment instructions so please confirm if you want a place in the bunkhouse for the Friday & Saturday night good.gif

I'm in, both nights please. yahoo.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#26 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:56 pm

i've had me hols confirmed by work good.gif
on leave from 8th til 19th Sept, back at work on 20th (just hoping the CMC meet is the weekend after)

so i'm a definite for the 2 nights, lettuce snow whats next...

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#27 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:23 pm

So far the list for Fri & Sat night (9th & 10th September) is:

Bobajob
Matlock
TonyDevil
pete7
ChrisG
bigboat0

Anyone else before I enquire room availability at the bunkhouse?

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#28 fatchap

fatchap

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Location:Sunny Blackpool The FORMER home of Premier League Football
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:05 am

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Mon 7th Feb 2011, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bobajob
Matlock
TonyDevil
pete7
ChrisG
bigboat0

Please include The Fatchap. I promise not to snore (much) and I'll bring my own gaffer tape!

#29 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:03 am

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Mon 7th Feb 2011, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bobajob
Matlock
TonyDevil
pete7
ChrisG
bigboat0

Put my name down for it as well.
cheers
TAM
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#30 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:26 pm

I've been in touch with the bunkhouse, they are fully booked on the 9th & 10th Sept but have availability for the following weekend - 16th & 17th.

Please reconfirm if you can make the new date & based on the numbers attending I wlll book the rooms & let you know the price etc.

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#31 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:17 pm

ahh pooo
anywhere else we could stay nearby?

My TDM :

#32 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:36 pm

I can make the alternative date, but I know Tony and others have plans for that weekend so I've no problems with alternative accommodation either, as long as it's a similar price and near a decent pub. drinks.gif

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#33 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:05 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 14th Feb 2011, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ahh pooo
anywhere else we could stay nearby?

Just off the phone with this place & they have availability for the 9th & 10th....

http://www.syha.org....s/aviemore.aspx

Please can all confirm your attendance & I`ll reserve the required number of rooms - it is 17 quid per night.

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#34 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:37 pm

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Mon 14th Feb 2011, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just off the phone with this place & they have availability for the 9th & 10th....

Please can all confirm your attendance & I`ll reserve the required number of rooms - it is 17 quid per night.
nice one good.gif thats within spitting distance of the other one cool.gif

i've got a yha membership if that helps the price any.....

My TDM :

#35 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:02 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 14th Feb 2011, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice one good.gif thats within spitting distance of the other one cool.gif

i've got a yha membership if that helps the price any.....

Thanks Tony, can you PM me your membership number?

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#36 fatchap

fatchap

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Location:Sunny Blackpool The FORMER home of Premier League Football
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:09 pm

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Mon 14th Feb 2011, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that'll do me,
i can't make the following weekend.

#37 DazzerB

DazzerB

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:23 pm

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Mon 14th Feb 2011, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I stayed in the Aviemore hostel a few year ago . . it OK . . also got better parking than the bunkhouse

#38 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:31 pm

QUOTE(fatchap @ Mon 14th Feb 2011, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that'll do me,
i can't make the following weekend.

Okay Colin, your not getting near any birds this year though!
rotflmmfao.gif

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#39 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:05 pm

The Aviemore Youth Hostel is now provisionally booked for the following 8 people, there will be an additional small cost to cover the temporary membership fee (they would not let me use your number Tony!)

Bobajob
Matlock
TonyDevil
pete7
ChrisG
bigboat0
TDMTAM
Fatchap

We don't need to put any money down until 1st March so wil hold off until then in case more people want to attend as for groups of 10 or more there is a different booking procedure. drinks.gif

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#40 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:15 pm

Nice job yahoo.gif bigboat0 (sorry, but remind an old, forgetful man, what's yer proper name?) Thanks for sorting this.

Follow me on twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users