• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#261 Julian55

Julian55

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:08 pm

I did it on my Honda silverwing scooter going up never again its worse than videos shows .I think was rougher in 2009 when I did it they were relaying parts of it .Its nigh on impossible to stay your side of the road on hairpins .Great videos by the way suscribed other day  :good:  :good:

#262 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:14 pm

Stelvio.  Ive done it but bestest  yet to my mind was Paul B off here freewheeling doon it on youtube!

yes i remember that video, i bet the brake pads and fluid were not fine fettle after that one. 

I did it on my Honda silverwing scooter going up never again its worse than videos shows .I think was rougher in 2009 when I did it they were relaying parts of it .Its nigh on impossible to stay your side of the road on hairpins .Great videos by the way suscribed other day  :good:  :good:

Hello Julian  ;)   it's rough but not terrible, although i would hate to do it on a Pushbike  :punishment:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#263 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:28 pm

some real men there doing it on pushbikes ! Hats off to them.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#264 Julian55

Julian55

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:47 pm

You make it look easy matey .We were stopping in Andermatt so on a day out got to top where you started where old and new pass meet I said to my may oh great back on tarmac my mate got his map out no theres another couple of K's down otherside so we had to do that as well.I think if you stay in Andermatt you can take horse carriage ride up that side from Andermatt its the Old swiss post horses and carriages .In 2011 we stayed in a barn on a straw bed old swiss tradition "Shlaf im stroh"  they call it which is sleep on straw was a bit of a laugh but stank as horses were kept below he did carriage rides in the summer we were in the loft cheap tho by swiss standards £15 with breakfast which was a painted egg Swiss cheese and fresh bread and coffee Ill add a photo if I can find one .

Edited by Julian55, 31 March 2013 - 09:47 pm.

#265 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:54 pm

we stayed in andermatt as well , we did all the passes around there furka, grimsel, susten, neufenen, tremola, oberralp, st gotthard, allacua   to name but a few 

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#266 Julian55

Julian55

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:06 am

alp10.JPG?gl=GB

#267 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:11 am

Looks ok, hotels in Switzerland aren't cheap are they?
MotoGuzzi Norge 1200GT. for Euro touring
Triumph Street Triple. For those hooligan moments......
Beta Alp 200. For falling off In muddy bits.
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

#268 Julian55

Julian55

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:58 pm

Problem was toilet down stairs and in a morning horses thought you had come to feed them and started slobbering at the mouth LOL toilets were basic portaloos but had an extractor  fan so as light went on it drew smell away and was a decent shower wash basins ect and nice pineclad breakfast room .It may have gone now as they were building a hotel and golf course complex and he was where golf course was going to be .Hotel Aurora is good they do a half board biker deal food is good and has indoor secure parking also right next to campsite if your in a group where some want to camp some want a room also has its own petrol station we stayed there in 2009 

#269 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:30 pm

That Sail track seems to be on every Youtube video watch at the moment :D

I really need to get my arse in to gear and sort out my videos, should be able to sync several with Marks, I think I had my helmet cam on following him down Tremola

Shame I haven't got a photo of the top of Tremola the day before that video though, couldn't see 10 feet in front of you!

Edited by ChrisG, 01 April 2013 - 07:31 pm.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#270 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:23 pm

Stelvio East To West , well East to Top :-)  no music just the engine this time  :good: 

#271 Julian55

Julian55

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:57 am

Thats route I did in 2011 on my yamaha tmax 500 scooter great rear shots shows how steep and tight it is .Brought it all back  :good:  :good: I followed a bus up and thought this is going to be easy but slow he blocked every hairpin to traffic coming down then he waved me past and was on me own :sorry:  :sorry: .Theres a great youth hostel in Merano really modern clean with ensuite rooms for 1 2 3 4 people more like a hotel you just have to make and strip your bed right in the town nice buffet breakfast was only 22 euro per person when we went 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users