#1 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:15 pm

just thought I'd float this idea. If there are enough serious attendees I would even consider doing the do the organisation.

I'm thinking a weekend camp, arrive saturday, drink, talk shit, camp and leave on sunday

the location I'm proposing

http://www.domsbikes...co.uk/index.php

is quite central in the UK.

opinions ??

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#2 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:31 pm

I'd be up for that. How about the first or second weekend in July, before the schools break up? Just looked for some B&B's nearby for those averse to camping and there is Eaton Court Farm just along the road for £20 a night. There are a few others nearby too.

Ali

Edited by AliG, 18 January 2015 - 01:49 pm.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#3 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:58 pm

count me in for this depending on dates. 

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4 RogerD

RogerD

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:21 pm

Sounds like a chance to get to meet a few of you so, if the dates work, I would be up for it.

Roger

2004 Silver TDM 900, Scorpion cans, MRA screen, Heated Grips, Piramid Fender Extenda. Mitchelin PR3's, Oxford Soft luggage.  Now living with Sidestand

2015 BMW R1200GS , in Frost Blue, Adventure screen, cruise control, quickshifter, heated grips, ESA , BM panniers but Givi topbox.                                                          

#5 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:46 pm

More tempting now b&b is nearby!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#6 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:20 pm

I'm not saying I was thinking of you when I posted, but it did remind me of the East Anglia G2G a couple of years ago, Chris.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#7 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• 1,462 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:32 pm

you lightweight Racki

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#8 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:21 pm

you lightweight Racki

+1 lightweight non-camper.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#9 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:07 pm

looking at the link it mentioned bacon...

I'm interested, depending on date

mmm bacon :yeyeye:

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#10 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:12 pm

Thanks for the compliment Dave, haven't been called that for some time!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#11 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:08 am

Come on lads, man up, a bit o' camping will make you a 'real' biker, back to nature and all that.  :)

A good guide here :

http://www.artofmanl...ide-to-camping/

Edited by leehenty, 19 January 2015 - 12:09 am.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#12 DaveM

DaveM

just half a litre to go

• 825 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:04 pm

I'm in dependant on dates

I'll be camping - no soft tart B&B for me!!

Dave

#13 filo

filo

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:15 pm

Yes l should be ok dependant on dates

#14 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:16 pm

Come on lads, man up

Er, "man up" has somewhat different connotations to we 900 riders.... :wacko:

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#15 jameslibra

jameslibra

seems to like Carpe

• 41 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:43 pm

looks good to me. depending on dates.

#16 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:51 pm

Not sure of how to qualify as serious, but I should be OK depending on dates ....

Straight down that lovely, sweeping road that is A49

Will be B&B

Pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#17 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:03 pm

:um:

Depending on dates I should be O.K. arrive back in U.K. on 30th June after 10 days in France.

Now I just fly everywhere.

Be yourself, because everybody else is taken.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#18 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:17 pm

depending on dates. 

:wifgeni:

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#19 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:46 pm

OK for this and I would have to be camping cannot bunk, due to my sensitivity to snoring......... :punishment: .

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#20 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:05 pm

Ist weekend in July is OK with me Dave, camping of course. I do know that when Dom did the Curvy weekend he provided an evening meal at cost of course. How about friday arrival leave sunday?

Mk1' R1 gold spot front calipers • HH sintered front pads • FJR1300 front master cylinder • K&N air filter • Factory Pro emulsion tubes • Oxford heated grips • Mirror extenders • KTM handguards • Baglux tank cover and bag. 12v auxiliary socket • Delkevic 2 into 1 exhaust system • Engine guards • Chrome radiator guard • Renthal bars • Touring screen. Optimate and Oil pressure switch/light mod (Leehenty special!) to be fitted. Tom Tom rider V2 europe. GoPro HD Hero. Fenda extender.
Triumph Tiger 955i with stuff added.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users