278 replies to this topic

#1 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:49 am

For anyone interested, the German TDM club meeting next year will be a bit closer and earlier than last time - from 22-25 May in Langenei: in the Rothaargebirge ("Red Hair Mountains") national park area. This will likely be a big G2G (about 150 last year I believe) - camping, some hut space etc. available (camping 5 euros pppn, hut 9 euros pppn) , also poss B&B etc. in the area, but main hotel booked up. Last date for any bookings is April 25th - requires enrolment in the forum. Site reference is at http://www.wiki.tdm-..._bis_25.05.2008 .

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#2 stormy

stormy

RIP stormy

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:36 pm

Hey, tis nice in that area, did it on the Thunderace in May.

Mmmm, may have to dig out the little book of "favours-owed-to-me-by-the-company" as holiday time will be scarce in 2008 cos of other commitments.
RIP STORMY - killed by careless driver Oct 2009

currently owned ....
1996 YAMAHA TRX850 gone away for little holiday with Andrea
1997 YAMAHA TDM850 which are obviously an acquired taste. I fink I'm starting to get it now.....
1998 DUCATI 748 ... one way of keeping an old man broke.
1999 YAMAHA Thunderace there is STILL no finer motorcycle
2008 SUZUKI Bandit 1250SA ...... fecked by yours truly, but ......... still fitted with the worlds most uncomfortable bike seat. ouch!

#3 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:19 pm

Without volunteering the poor guy in his absence, Erdferkel may be able to offer advice. I don't think he'll be actually going though.

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#4 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:44 pm

Well Well, apart from that episode with our chippy back in 43, I always did like the Germans. Problem is I cany speak the lingo so going on to the German forum is pointless but I do fancy a trip abroad. GUTEN MORGEN MEIN HERR CAN ICH HAB AGROSSE BEIR. How AM I doing? Serious though this looks interesting and an affordable long week end. Any body else up fer it(so to speak)?

#5 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:42 pm

It's a bit late to call him tonight, but I'll have a word and see if E. will be able to help in any way. He'll be pretty busy with some heavy uni. studies though.

#6 Guest_erdferkel_*

Guest_erdferkel_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:40 pm

hi people,

i've been a little busy the last days, with a close relative in hospital (all well now) and finding the first car for anni (an opel corsa). now everything is sorted out and i can offer my assistance.

glückauf
ralf

pig lost in translation wink.gif

#7 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:03 am

i may be able to escape on the friday lunch time and have a blast over there late on friday and then blast bike late on sunday
anyone else up fer-it?

no holiday to spare sad.gif due to my med tour in sept cool.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#8 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:41 pm

I'm up for this one, it would be good if a few of us made up a brit contingent and teamed-up with some of our european cousins. If anyone else is interested we could make a longer trip and head south over the alps and back through france, and boy are there some great roads over there. Don't worry too much about the language barrier, I worked reguarly in germany for 2 1/2 years and only learnt the basic pleasantry's as a lot of germans can speak pretty good english. If your interested send me an email and i can gather a list of names, we can work out the details later. steve@digitallinks.NOSPAM.co.uk (omit letters NOSPAM)
Now on 9er number 2 .....

#9 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:48 pm

it'd be worth keeping the list of names in the top post on here wink.gif
let me know the definites(ie. those that have booked on the German site) and i'll amend the original post accordingly good.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#10 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:09 pm

QUOTE(Steve Evans @ Mon 17th Dec 2007, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
steve@digitallinks.NOSPAM.co.uk (omit letters NOSPAM)

Hi Steve. Pardon my feet on your carpet, but I nipped in to amend your address in case it was clipped and used by some spamming device.
p.

#11 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:18 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Mon 17th Dec 2007, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Steve. Pardon my feet on your carpet, but I nipped in to amend your address in case it was clipped and used by some spamming device.
p.

Cheers, no problem a good idea

Edited by Steve Evans, 17 December 2007 - 05:22 pm.

Now on 9er number 2 .....

#12 stormy

stormy

RIP stormy

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:11 pm

Having been a dork and got my dates confuddled, realised I won't be able to make it after all, unless either the TDM or the Thunderace can double as a time machine. sad.gif

Thats the week after the Thunderace meeting in Bavaria, and then I'll be heading back to the Dolomities for the week, to finish off the aborted summer crashfest, I mean holiday.

Can hardly turn up at a TDM meetup on a Thunderace (or worse, an Ace AND a V-Strom!) now can I?

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

currently owned ....
1997 YAMAHA TDM850 which are obviously an acquired taste. I fink I'm starting to get it now.....
2008 SUZUKI Bandit 1250SA ...... fecked by yours truly, but ......... still fitted with the worlds most uncomfortable bike seat. ouch!

#13 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:21 pm

I had not thought of doing the run in one hit as I live just north of brum and thats a fair old ride. I take it the route would be via the chunnel on the train. I have had a look at the German site and could only make out the odd "lots of parking" and so on. Got to say though I fancy this as my first foray out of England on a bike!!

#14 stormy

stormy

RIP stormy

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:01 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Mon 17th Dec 2007, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got to say though I fancy this as my first foray out of England on a bike!!

Isn't Wales a bit nearer ??????????????

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

currently owned ....

#15 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:20 pm

QUOTE(stormy @ Mon 17th Dec 2007, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't Wales a bit nearer ??????????????
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Point taken, Britain then, hows that

#16 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:26 pm

Do you mean it's your first visit to "mainland Europe" on a bike?

#17 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:31 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Mon 17th Dec 2007, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you mean it's your first visit to "mainland Europe" on a bike?

ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif Yes and thank you for your correction. dry.gif

#18 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:15 pm

Pict, for tens of years I have avoided drugs

Done booze, but not drugs

However

What the hell is going on with this Avatar thing!!!!

Am I on drugs and your avatar is ok?!!??

Edited by CatsBum, 17 December 2007 - 11:16 pm.

#19 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:15 am

This particular avatar, or the fact that it's changed? I could go for others if you'd like a little more psychic massage - e.g. the old mother-in-law one:

#20 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:00 am

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Mon 17th Dec 2007, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had not thought of doing the run in one hit as I live just north of brum and thats a fair old ride. I take it the route would be via the chunnel on the train. I have had a look at the German site and could only make out the odd "lots of parking" and so on. Got to say though I fancy this as my first foray out of England on a bike!!

Danny, i'll be going from Reading in 1 hit, i dont have the hols to spare, so i'll be doing a full day before leaving.
if u can get to Reading by the Friday lunchtime you can join me, should mean a 9or10am start for you, how far North are you?
its around 6-7 hours from Reading to the Belguim/Luxembourg/German border including the Ferry crossing

with a bit of blitzkrieg i reckon its an 9hour journey to the site
arrival should be approx sunset which will be perfect for putting up the tent and cracking open the beers!

i've done the same trip about 3 times before, both by motorway and once by backroads, its 100% do-able
Hartside did the entire return trip in 2.5days, but with the extra distance to/from Carlisle wink.gif

My TDM :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users