#1 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:49 pm

I want to fit a buzzer. Can I connect to the two terminals inside one front indicator (one is coloured, one black) and safely assume that the black is the earth? The unit's other red wire I would take to the other front indicator (for my MT-03). Seems logical but is it right? (I cannot source a wiring diagram at mo.)
Robo
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#2 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:23 pm

.........assuming your not concocting a 'bitsa', then, if it's like mine, it'll come, off the shelf, with a wiring diagram which will inform...

assuming no-one with ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE comes along, I'll try to dig out the diagram in question, & flag it up
.......Jiff

#3 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,515 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:13 pm

QUOTE(jiff @ Sat 15th Sep 2012, 15:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.........assuming your not concocting a 'bitsa', then, if it's like mine, it'll come, off the shelf, with a wiring diagram which will inform...

assuming no-one with ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE comes along, I'll try to dig out the diagram in question, & flag it up
.......Jiff

Thanks, jiff. It's an online off the shelf type. I suppose my main worries are about connecting at the indicator, and is the black wire the earth or not.
Robo
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#4 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:28 pm

..........found the original diagram as supplied (indicator-buzzers.com) which shows two red wires from the buzzer, one going to the live side of the left and the right indicator respectively.
The black wire goes to any earth.....
Hope this helps......Jiff

#5 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,515 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:36 pm

QUOTE(jiff @ Sat 15th Sep 2012, 19:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..........found the original diagram as supplied (indicator-buzzers.com) which shows two red wires from the buzzer, one going to the live side of the left and the right indicator respectively.
The black wire goes to any earth.....
Hope this helps......Jiff

It does, thank you. Now, I will order one.
Robo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users