#901 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:39 pm

Ta Thomas. Just dug in me worksop Manuel and it says TDM850E/EC 4DT-006101 (Except for California), 4DT-008101 (For California)....confuzzled oi is.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#902 Luys

Luys

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:47 pm

Hi There!

First of all: for some odd reason I thought I already owned an account on Carpe-TDM, but can't find it. So I created a new one. I know I visited this forum a lot of times, but not much lately. Until I ran into some electrical systems trouble I couldn't get some useful info on from the Dutch site I visit regularly (TDM thread on Motor-Forum). After creating an account and some searching I found a thread with the info I need to start troubleshooting smile.gif

Some stuff about me (boring laugh.gif):
I am 40+ years old, and started riding motorcycles in feb 2009. Within two weeks of acquiring my license I bought me a TDM850. Great bike! But, as time went by the amount of empty oil cans piled up at an alarming rate. I'm no mechanic and getting it fixed would cost me a lot of money and no guarantees sad.gif

So I traded it in for a TDM (9'er, I know, I know I've seen the jokes). Except for the aforementioned error 19 it's a great bike with no problems whatsoever. I use it to commute, for fun trips and holidays. We (my wife also owns a TDM, a red 850) have serious plans to visit Scotland this year; so we will keep an eye out for other TDM's smile.gif

#903 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:25 pm

QUOTE(Luys @ Wed 4th Jan 2012, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First of all: for some odd reason I thought I already owned an account on Carpe-TDM, but can't find it.

If you let me know the username or email you registered the old account with I will take a look for you. If you registered with this username then it must be gone and for once it wasn't one of the many I accidently deleted.

Welcome back to Carpe.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#904 openroad

openroad

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 175 posts
  • TDM model: 1994

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:24 am

hi, i'm nathan, i'm in south wales, uk. i'm a tdm owner for only 4 days and i love the bike. it's a bit of change to my last bike (zzr1100). this is my 1994 tdm thats being restored. not sure what mk it is

#905 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:18 am

Hello dare (again). Noice boike. That be a mkI, and a lubbly one. Why is you r water pump hose silver?

Welcome to Carpe.

#906 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:42 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Wed 11th Jan 2012, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello dare (again). Noice boike. That be a mkI, and a lubbly one. Why is you r water pump hose silver?

Welcome to Carpe.

At a guess cos its bin painted. rotflmmfao.gif

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#907 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:49 pm

Nice bike Nathan,, a different beast from the ZZR laugh.gif

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#908 openroad

openroad

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:05 pm

thanks, i like the bike, its a hell of of a different riding style but thats what i wanted a sit up and beg position. and yes the water pipe has been sprayed. with the rest of the engine. the lad who had the bike before me did it.

#909 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:23 pm

Shw Mae, what part of this fair and sunny land of South Wales are you from

1999 TDM850 MKII Black, Silver (Sold)
2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#910 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:54 pm

Welcome Nathan

I'm liking that Red. Very nice clean looking bike,

Matt

#911 openroad

openroad

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:35 pm

yer not a bad colour candy apple red. got to get the wheels sprayed gold. i'm in llandybie not far from llandovery

#912 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:39 pm

QUOTE(openroad @ Wed 11th Jan 2012, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yer not a bad colour candy apple red. got to get the wheels sprayed gold. i'm in llandybie not far from llandovery

Not so far from me then.

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#913 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:26 pm

welcome.gif openroad,

As Matt says thats a nice colour of red good.gif
2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#914 openroad

openroad

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:37 pm

QUOTE(Daveb @ Wed 11th Jan 2012, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not so far from me then.

where you at then daveb. thanks paddy900

#915 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:20 am

QUOTE(openroad @ Wed 11th Jan 2012, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where you at then daveb. thanks paddy900

Theres a clue at the bottom of my Avatar

Swansea Crem is close enough to touch. My bro is also on here Mickey B he not far from M & P's.

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#916 Mikey B

Mikey B

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:13 pm

Hi Openroad.
Nice looking bike there. Yep not to far away, I'm from Gorseinon.

#917 openroad

openroad

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:12 pm

QUOTE(Mikey B @ Thu 12th Jan 2012, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Openroad.
Nice looking bike there. Yep not to far away, I'm from Gorseinon.

hi mikey B, thanks . it is a nice looking bike if i do say myself, got a few teething problem, rev counter not working and the bike is boggy at low revs and smells rich. so hopefully going to try and balance the carbs with the aid of this site and youtube, and find the fault with the rev counter.

#918 Wilky

Wilky

arrived on last train

• 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:43 am

Hello my name is Bill and I discovered the TDM while looking online and found it is universally well liked.

My Honda FT 500 was a little weak for taking my wife on short outings and not good for highway speeds so I was looking for some sort of a dual sport in the 750 range and happened on to a TDM story.

Have had several dirt bikes and enduros and a couple of street bikes and the TDM is among my two favorite bikes the other being a 1980 Honda XL 500 I bought right out of high school many years back.

My bike is a 93 and the previous owner installed an electric fuel pump, loud horn and changed the carb tubes? It runs great 42 - 46 mpg.

I put some black reflective sheeting on it so it looks like a shark at night, made a sissy bar back rest for my wife and put some more aggressive tires on it.

I have thrown a leg over the Tenere and looked it over and it is pretty nice. Maybe in ten years the used price will be low enough!!

Cheers,

Bill

#919 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:30 am

Hi Bill, welcome, nice looking bike, what Tires are those. do you have any issues with mud getting trapped under the front fender? They look like a tight fit.
Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#920 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:29 pm

welcome.gif to the club Bill !

Glad your liking the bike, it looks to be in good condition smile.gif

Great idea with the shark at night tape biggrin.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users