#1 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 September 2023 - 10:09 pm

Hi, guys! I've been participating for nearly two decades...but I'm no longer a TDMer and will never again be.
For two years now I've been following all conversations but a) not bring a local to be able to meet up or b) owning a TDM it has been a routine..

This forum is the best ever! But - it seems it's about to die. What about redefining it to be about motorcycling in general?
Regards, a member since ~2005

Edited by Bjørge, 09 September 2023 - 10:11 pm.

Bjørge

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,121 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 10 September 2023 - 06:26 am

Hey bjorgey,

The forum has been about to die for a longgg time.. Yet it's still ear,
We were definitely not helped by Facebook and specifically by whoever stole the Carpe name for their own benefit (carpe doesn't have a Facebook page). But as there is less tdm traffic on the road there is less traffic on the site.

It's not a money making site (no ads). It always has been funded by the members and when that stops i guess it will be gone. Certainly this year I have had no tdm access and other members have had issues....like treadering off the top of bridges ತ⁠_⁠ತ

It's kinda set up so there is space for talk about anything. If there is more talk about udder stuff then tdm.... That's fine. Just means there will be more stuff in Hyde Park than All About section.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 10 September 2023 - 07:57 pm

Focussed groups perform best by building camaraderie, whilst open / general forums often attract "slaggers" who love nothing more than irritating any new group they come across. I would be sorry to see Carpe TDM fold, so why not open a section "Not TDM" for visitors and see how it goes?

Edited by LAURENCEAUX, 10 September 2023 - 07:58 pm.

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,121 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 08:18 pm

It's already ear:

Hyde Park Inn
And now for something completely different.
Other boikes, Stories, BS, beertalk, greetings, INTRODUCTIONS, anything NOT TDM... in here

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 10 September 2023 - 10:59 pm

Messages received and understood. Over and out ....

Edited by LAURENCEAUX, 10 September 2023 - 11:00 pm.

#6 MickC

MickC

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 12 September 2023 - 08:58 am

Sorry to see you go Bjorge,all the best for the future :badgerrock:

#7 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 12 September 2023 - 01:15 pm

This forum ( for me at least) is like those true old friends that you dont have to chit chat or gossip every week or month, but when you do, its like no time has passed. No "are you alright, hun?" stuff every week. Good luck Bjorge on your new adventures!

#8 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,782 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 12 September 2023 - 06:31 pm

Just to add my 2p worth…

I’ve been hanging out here since 2005 when I bought my one and only TDM so far (I’ve not managed to break it yet, but wouldn’t hesitate to find another if I did). In that time I’ve made some really great friends, although sadly, some of them are no longer with us. I’ve been on some frankly fu@@ing ace tours and ride outs and eaten large quantities of cake. Heck, I even work with one member in two “jobs”, all because of this site directly!

As things stand, within reason, no topic is taboo (and never has been, although politics and religion are best avoided) and most folk are tolerant of differing opinions when that situation occurs. The TDM might not be a popular choice now, but then again, it never really was in this country, however, it is well supported here and Carpe is the go to resource for information about the models (along with JBX, of course). I’ll wager there are many more TDMs still on the road as a direct result of this site than there would be otherwise. Regarding the FB situation. It does sit alongside this one and while it may take some traffic away from here, it probably also diverts some here too as members of that group have certainly pointed people in this direction. Can they work alongside each other? Yes, I think they can and not to the detriment of either. They are both different enough to be able to do that.

I don’t contribute as much as I used to, but that’s mainly due to time constraints than anything. If a new member asks a question, there always seems to be a prompt answer to steer them out the right direction and that is invaluable. The thing that makes this place special is the people and compared to other bike fora, this one stands out by a country mile. 

Carpe isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, and that’s a great thing.

Best of luck for the future Bjorge, whatever that may be.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#9 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 13 September 2023 - 07:48 pm

I dont post much, but i do look in a few times a week

#10 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,515 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 13 September 2023 - 08:40 pm

The TDM brought most of us together (if not all) and the lack of having the bike does not seem to drive too many away. There are plenty of interesting contributions, and I am very happy to be reminded of the happy days of my TDM. Most TDM sales must mean a potential new member and it seems to me to be just fine as it is - the best of such forums. I look in here most days even if I am not contributing or riding much. Good luck for the future, Bjorge.

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#11 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,164 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 05:40 pm

I dont post much, but i do look in a few times a week

+1

Edited by Gdogg, 14 September 2023 - 05:41 pm.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#12 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,396 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 14 September 2023 - 05:43 pm

IMHO

It aint broke

:good:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#13 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,361 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)

Posted 15 September 2023 - 05:11 am

All looks good to me, keep it as it is.
There's plenty of ex tdm'ers still here can't be that wrong.
Good luck with your future choices Bjorge but a bike change don't mean you have to go anywhere.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#14 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,760 posts

Posted 15 September 2023 - 09:25 pm

Yea wot he said, and if you think i'm going away, well, so sorry  :lol: Tdm will always be my most favourite bike, even though i've gone to the slow side.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#15 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 18 September 2023 - 07:23 am

:lol: Wouldn't be the same without you Dabs.  I'm also guilty of not being on here as often as I used to, but I will always be checking in to catch up on the goss and see what peeps are up to. And I'm always at hand if the site goes tits up.

I joined the FB friends of carpe site so I could spy on them :D  Quite disappointed tbh.  It's not that busy compared to other FB TDM groups and prolly not as busy as it is on here.  Think it was Tam and Moose who set up the FB page and it is disappointing to see this sites' name being used without permission but it's not a patch on this site. :badgerrock:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#16 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,179 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 18 September 2023 - 09:30 am

all face book in general really is shiite, imo

#17 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,760 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 10:06 am

FB is so bloody contrary innit, 11tymillion solutions to one problem, it's all on here, everything you need to know.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#18 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,396 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 18 September 2023 - 11:59 am

What is the speed of an unladen African swallow?

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#19 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,121 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 12:13 pm

Faster than a laden Juan

#20 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 19 September 2023 - 09:48 am

:lol:

FB is so bloody contrary innit, 11tymillion solutions to one problem, it's all on here, everything you need to know.

:good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users