Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:19 pm

Likin' the wheels Tam !  :cool:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#62 cookiebare

cookiebare

sticking around

• 24 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:26 am

Painted my front fork legs.

Edited by cookiebare, 15 July 2014 - 09:35 am.

#63 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:16 pm

Today I mostly bin doing...pic quality low cos off da fone. Edit was da cracking wit android an more bits not available??

Edited by Favs, 15 July 2014 - 02:21 pm.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#64 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:24 pm

And the Gates version.............

WP_20140715_002_zpsdd994007.jpg

WP_20140715_006_zpsc2317de5.jpg

WP_20140715_008_zpsf199bbdc.jpg

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#65 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:46 pm

Finished building the wheels back up fitting titanium disc dolts to replace the old corroded ones.
Got the wheels fitted to the bike and got the back sitting on its new Hyperpro springs.
Just have to await new plastic rivets to put the hugger back on and give the TDM a good clean.
TAM

Attached Files

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#66 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:55 pm

Nice photos..

Went back down to the coast with my girl :)  Another round of fish and chips by the sea side :)

Foto-UGK6CWZR.jpg

Hi res :- HERE

Foto-IIXSR4O7.jpg

Edited by arthurbikemad, 15 July 2014 - 07:57 pm.

2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#67 Deauman

Deauman

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 109 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:20 pm

My tiny brain finally correlated the almost imperceptible increase in snatchiness on low speed pick-up with the equally slight slow down of tick over. The bike has always idled at 1100 rpm but over the last few weeks (months?) it has slowed down by about 500 rpm.  Increased it to 1250 as an experiment and the improvement is amazing. Now picks up from tight second gear corners with no snatch or jerk. Worth a bit more experimenting to find the optimum minimum tick over speed.

Wonder why it slowed down anyway.

#68 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:47 pm

Got new tyres front and back. Bridgestone BT023's. Only rode home on them. Should get some miles up and see what they are like.

#69 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:53 pm

Loaded my gear ready to go for a long ride to a job :) Still loving the weather :)

Foto-ZU7WQFZU.jpg

2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#70 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:40 pm

Loaded my gear ready to go for a long ride to a job :) Still loving the weather :)

Foto-ZU7WQFZU.jpg

That colour scheme looks better with a black saddle as apposed to the original burgundy one
Tam
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

#71 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:46 pm

Cheers Tam, I was all for the burgundy one, but the old school me just thought it was just wrong ha ha so a Top Sal.... seat was on order, after 200 miles today again I was thankful of a nice seat :)

#72 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:58 pm

Cheers Tam, I was all for the burgundy one, but the old school me just thought it was just wrong ha ha so a Top Sal.... seat was on order, after 200 miles today again I was thankful of a nice seat :)

Top who?

Need a link  :help:

Liking the double fender extender too. :good:

Edited by TDMick, 16 July 2014 - 09:00 pm.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#73 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:02 pm

Top who?

Need a link  :help:

Liking the double fender extender too. :good:

Top saddlery. I have one on my TDM to be honest I expected more from it.

Tam

#74 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:15 pm

Guess it depends on what you order from them seat wise, I have to say the first one they sent was wrong! It had little space for the rider, this seat is lowered and has gel inserts, it's better for me is I'm a short arse, the old seat was ok but as flat and wide it was arkward when my pillion jumps on without warning as she often does :punishment:  The TS seats are expensive and I doubt I'd by another I have one on my XJR and kind of hoped that the TDM one would be as good, but I am on the fence with it, I'm happy but am stuck with it now.

Make sure your "seated" for the price, and check the deals for bargains.

http://www.topsellerie.co.uk

My XJR and Top Sellerie seat I got for FREE!

Foto-N4DERAQS.jpg

Edited by arthurbikemad, 16 July 2014 - 09:19 pm.

#75 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:52 pm

Tried to set the static sag on my new Hyperpro springs. The problem I have is I am a bit of a fatty and unless I wind the preload all the way to max the best I can get is 35mm of rider sag. I have not had a chance to try it out on the road yet but the bike does feel like it is sitting a bit taller and the action does feel smoother.
So what does the Carpe collective think leave it at 35 mm of rider sag or go full on the preload?
Tam

Edited by TDMTAM, 17 July 2014 - 06:15 pm.

#76 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:43 pm

That colour scheme looks better with a black saddle as apposed to the original burgundy one
Tam

Yep Tam, I was just thinking that myself ............ :um:

Foto-ZU7WQFZU.jpg

Arthur ........ how have you done that extended front fender extender ?

Are there two or did you buy it like that ?

Cheers, Ivan

Edited by Geordie Guy, 17 July 2014 - 08:44 pm.

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#77 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:49 pm

Managed to make the door bigger on one of the sheds to get the TDM in, don't know what to do with all the crap that was in there now though.

Anyone need any old tins of paint or xl250/500 parts?

Next is fit the fender extender and put the slack right in the chain, yea to tight.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#78 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:28 pm

Ivan, I trimmed the second one down and fitted it into the first, I also added two small well nuts to the holes in the (rear) swing arm and made one to cover the rear shock too, the double front works well down my muddy track of a drive.

Today done another couple of hundred miles in the el burneo' heat wave, man o man it's toast!

#79 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:32 pm

Arthur

lets have loook at yer handy work, post a pic of the rear one please   :good:

#80 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:40 pm

Poor phone pic, on the inside of the 02> swingarm there are two small holes, you can slip a rubber well nut into the hole and cut a plastic mud flap and use the two fixings holes to hold it in place! helps stop mud from the rear wheel coating the lower linkage and shock:-

Foto-E6MKXQW6.jpg

and this is the fender extender extender ;)

Foto-UKXX3WZJ.jpg

Trim up the second one to fit inside the first, I'd add another but she would look like some kind of electroglideroadkingharley ;) maybe a little ott.

Edited by arthurbikemad, 18 July 2014 - 08:25 am.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users