87 replies to this topic

#61 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:08 am

I've stopped visiting classic bike collections on my TDM - I'm scared they wont let me take it away!

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#62 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:46 am

QUOTE(MarkyMark @ Sun 20th Jun 2010, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've stopped visiting classic bike collections on my TDM - I'm scared they wont let me take it away!

haha -

Actually, in time, the Mk1 TDM will undoubtedly be seen as a classic! When other over-powered, over-priced, over-exotic tall-rounders have been forgotten.

Pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#63 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:14 pm

Anyone else on the 11:30am ferry on Sunday 11th? I'm half tempted to ride up on the Saturday and find a B&B for the night having spend the afternoon having fun in the peak district rather than getting up and stpid o'clock for 4 hours of mind & bum numbing boredom on the motorway.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#64 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:22 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 29th Jun 2010, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else on the 11:30am ferry on Sunday 11th? I'm half tempted to ride up on the Saturday and find a B&B for the night having spend the afternoon having fun in the peak district rather than getting up and stpid o'clock for 4 hours of mind & bum numbing boredom on the motorway.

That's got to be a good idea

BD

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#65 ajfergie

ajfergie

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:24 pm

Sorry mate, Me and ma bro jimmy are heading over on sat 10th
booked on the 14.15 from heysham rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

see you over there mate

cheers ajfergie......

#66 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:44 pm

plenty of cracking roads in peak district - you might want to include matlock bath and cat and fiddle

.......or else maybe change to p.m. ferry on saturday for extra beer/night in IoM?

pete

Keep music live!

#67 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:04 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Fri 12th Feb 2010, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Confession Time:

My Mum God Bless Her, Was Manx, and my upbringing was IOM and Mayo Irl, My brother God Bless Him, spend his summers embroiled in the TT weeks. My Uncle Jim was a famous Sidecar Frame Designer/builder in the sixties, nope, dont remember his Surname, someone google it!

I can remember laying awake in the early morning and flinching as the bikes screamed past as practice took place.

This RTT will be a road of discovery and memories from my childhood days

I know I have relations still there and have a contact. Some of my time will be reviewing my past.

who was your Uncle, Martin? any other clues?
(its difficult to get google to search Uncle Jim Catsbum IoM sidecar 1960's)
any change in situation and you maybe joining us at last minute?

Pete

Keep music live!

#68 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:56 pm

QUOTE(pete7 @ Thu 1st Jul 2010, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
who was your Uncle, Martin? any other clues?
(its difficult to get google to search Uncle Jim Catsbum IoM sidecar 1960's)
any change in situation and you maybe joining us at last minute?

Pete

I'll do a bit more research on him, Have some pics somewhere

Not a chance Pete, after 6 weeks unwell, new job gone. Shit really as I feel pretty good now.

Me and Google/job search are best mates right now.

#69 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:12 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Thu 1st Jul 2010, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll do a bit more research on him, Have some pics somewhere

Not a chance Pete, after 6 weeks unwell, new job gone. Shit really as I feel pretty good now.

Me and Google/job search are best mates right now.

Whatever you can get will be good - we can see if we can get any info for you while we are over there. There's loads of archive stuff available on the iomtt site and of course there are the 2 motorcycyle museums on the island as well. The traditions of the TT are so revered it must be great to have a link in there - and the 3 wheeler events are still popular today as part of the TT festival.

I hope that your situation improves Martin, and its good that your better in yourself now

all the best

Pete

Keep music live!

#70 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:26 am

QUOTE(pete7 @ Thu 1st Jul 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatever you can get will be good - we can see if we can get any info for you while we are over there. There's loads of archive stuff available on the iomtt site and of course there are the 2 motorcycyle museums on the island as well. The traditions of the TT are so revered it must be great to have a link in there - and the 3 wheeler events are still popular today as part of the TT festival.

I hope that your situation improves Martin, and its good that your better in yourself now

all the best

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Ok, Jimmy Smithe, moved to Liverpool and his wife was Florrie

#71 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:57 am

Chris, sometimes our similar thinking is scary unsure.gif ....where you wanna meet up?

LIVERPOOL to DOUGLAS
Sun 11-JUL-10 11:30am Arr 14:15pm
SNAEFELL
CheckIn Closes * 11-JUL-10 10:45am

DOUGLAS to LIVERPOOL
Sat 17-JUL-10 15:30pm Arr 18:00pm
MANANNAN
CheckIn Closes * 17-JUL-10 14:45pm

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#72 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:47 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Sat 3rd Jul 2010, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where you wanna meet up?

2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

#73 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 981 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:44 am

Monday 12 July 2010 to Sunday 18 July 2010
Rain stays in the north

The north and west of the UK will remain fairly unsettled throughout the period, with showers or longer periods of rain, some which may be heavy. It will also be windy at times, with a chance of gales in the far north and northwest at first.

YOU STILL TAKING THE BROLLY GG?

Elsewhere, it should be more settled with generally dry weather and sunny periods, the most prolonged of these across southern and eastern parts of the UK. The chance of thundery showers continues into the first part of the week, but these will be very hit and miss.

Temperatures are expected to be around normal for the time of year in the northwest where cloudier conditions prevail. Elsewhere it should be warmer, and hot in the southeast at first.

I think this is good news - It has been too hot to be getting on and off bikes to eat cake in leather.

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#74 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:05 pm

hide.gif
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#75 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:45 pm

Hmmm, perhaps I should take cordura kit rather than draggins and vented jacket

#76 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:13 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Wed 7th Jul 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm, perhaps I should take cordura kit rather than draggins and vented jacket

wifgeni.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#77 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:22 pm

QUOTE(MarkyMark @ Wed 7th Jul 2010, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Monday 12 July 2010 to Sunday 18 July 2010
Rain stays in the north
..... a chance of gales in the far north and northwest at first.

YOU STILL TAKING THE BROLLY GG?

Temperatures are expected to be around normal for the time of year in the northwest where cloudier conditions prevail. Elsewhere it should be warmer, ..............

dont' worry lads!

Now that the forecasters have to include reference to UK as being from scottish isles to southern england, "northwest" now happily means the top left-hand bit of scotland!

We will be fine.

Pete - the eternal optimist

(prior to this, TV forecast "northwest" seemed to be somewhere around Coventry)

Keep music live!

#78 jimmyf46

jimmyf46

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:54 pm

Ach well, not to worry we will be wet inside and out. hahahahha.

Get the clothes out of the side cases, the ice and beer in and we have cracked it.....

#79 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:20 pm

Here is my suggested rideout for monday Carpe TDM - RTT 2010Isle of ManCoastal tour – Monday 12 July START - Cronk Dhoo Campsite- Right on TT - Ballacraine straight to Peel- Left A27 to south- DalbyVIEW - Niarbyl Bay – photos, view- Right on A36- Port Erin if wanted - Right on A31- Cregneash village CAKE - Sound Visitor Centre - Port St Mary- A5 to Castletown- DouglasVIEW Douglas Head if wanted- A2 coast road LUNCH – Laxey (location TBC)- A2 Baldrine- Turn right at Hibernian (care needed) on A15VIEW – Maughold Head- Ramsey- A10 to Bride then A16VIEW- Point of Ayre and back to BrideCAKE - Bride- A10 to Jurby, The Cronk- Right on TT (contra)- Kirk Michael right on A4VIEW - Peel A1 back to Ballacraine then TT (contra) Cronk DhooFINISH – Cronk Dhoo CampsiteThis is only my suggestion and any comments from people who know the island, the roads and the eateries will be appreciatedPete here is my suggested rideout for TuesdayCarpe TDM - RTT 2010Isle Of ManTwisties Tour – Tuesday 13 July START - Cronk Dhoo Campsite- Left on TT (contra) - Crosby - Left on A23- Left on B22VIEW – Injebreck Hill - Barregarrow - Right on TT course- Kirk Michael- Ballaugh - Right at pub to Ravensdale - Left on B10 then left on TT (contra) - Bungalow left on A14 CAKE – Tholty-will glen/Sulby Glen- Sulby right on TT - Ramsey - A2 coast road - Laxey - Right onto B12LUNCH – Creg Ny Baa Pub- TT Grandstand- Quarterbridge- A5 then right on A24- Foxdale - left on A3 then right onto A36- Port Erin/Port St Mary/ Sound – revisit as requestedCAKE - Castletown Book Shop/coffee house- Langness- A5 VIEW - Fairy Bridge- Douglas if want to shop - Left on TT FINISH – CronkDhoo Campsiteoncae again, any comments will be appreciatedPete

Keep music live!

#80 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:19 am

I'm a bit confused about where the bunkhouse is. http://www.cronkdhoo.com/ gives the address as
Cronk Dhoo Farm,
Greeba,
Isle of Man,
IM4 2DX

But If I stick that into Google maps I get this which puts it in Kirk Michael, a long way from Greeba. Surely Google maps can't be wrong rolleyes.gif. I know the Hawthorn Pub is nearby and that's in Greeba. Anyone got any better info?

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users