Photo
- - - - -

1993 Tdm, 45K Miles, Washington Dc Metro Area $2500.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 g650xtdm

g650xtdm

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:03 am

I haven't been riding either motorcycle much, so I am trying to get down to one bike.  So the TDM is up for sale.  The bike needs nothing. It has about 45K miles. It has several modifications/upgrades aimed squarely at reliability and utility. Known weak spots have been addressed. The listed upgrades have all been installed in the last 7500 miles that I have owned the bike.

- The bike already had a respray when I bought it, but I wasn't happy so it was repainted in 2016 to the desert sand color it is now (it is a Toyota LC/FJ color).
- The emulsion tubes are a known weak spot with these carbs and they have been replaced with nickel plated Factory Pro tubes which are good for about 25K miles. The carbs have been thoroughly rebuilt and jetted and adjusted properly.
- The typical shunt type Reg/Rec has been replaced with a MOSFET type for reliability
- It has a Hyperpro rear shock and front springs set for a 180lb rider. These are about 3 years old.
- The vacuum type fuel pump was replaced in 2016. The previous pump was working, but these are known to dry out and fail over the years so it was replaced as PM.
- The Givi racks (very hard to find) and luggage are included.  (These are MK2 racks I modified to fit a Mk1)
- The wheel bearings have been replaced.
- The valves were adjusted in the last 6k miles.
- New front discs and pads
- Bulbs, to include the headlights, have been replaced with LEDs
- Heated grips
- Later gen TDM900 mirrors with extenders
- Delkevic 2 into 1 exhaust
- Unobtainium crash bars installed
- Pilot Road 3s have plenty of life left

(The photo in the attachment is a more recent pic with the new seat cover on it)

Attached Files

Edited by g650xtdm, 10 September 2020 - 01:07 am.

#2 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 11 September 2020 - 03:14 pm

nice bike good luck with sale

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users