#1 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:58 pm

Can anyone confirm a 2 line brake set up furra mk2 would fit the 3vd ?? i assume they probably will or got to be very close, will need a small extension either way, i want to buy Venhill lines but they only offer 3 line oem set up and nope cant be arsed going through the rigmarole of ordering to build :) just want the press of a button and tell em to lengthen by 20mm...

I fank ewe..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:22 pm

The mk2 has a small bracket/pipe guide that bolts onto a bracket on the fork.  Dunno if you could get around this setup though.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:45 pm

I have MK2 system on my MK1 dabs. Just made a small bracket, works fine.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:02 pm

Loike dis

[attachment=13214:Screenshot_20200524-205238~2.png]
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:13 pm

Canny lad. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:49 pm

Cheers chappies, very ingenious daps but snot wot i meant, i want 2 lines from MC with double banjo orf to each caliper, so, Venhill 2 line set up only availabe for mk2 not for 3vd.............they only offer 3 line kit loike oem 3vd set, so if i want 2 line will need to purchase mk2 kit for mk1 boike.....anyhoo thems gonna fit aint they judging by previous answers........

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 poppykle

poppykle

really likes Carpe

• 83 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:41 pm

Why the double line dablik?  My understanding is that a double line configuration is less efficient than the standard set up. Your MC may not provide enough pressure and you could lose braking performance. 

#8 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 09:14 am

Why the double line dablik?  My understanding is that a double line configuration is less efficient than the standard set up. Your MC may not provide enough pressure and you could lose braking performance. 

It's hydraulics so wont be much difference between set up wether it's 2 or 3 line, the only thing that would make a difference is bore size of lines, MC gives plenty of pressure as it's 14mm (same as 2002 9r) and having already had a brand new 2 line set up and bled on the bike i like the feel of the brake lever so staying put with that decision..the new previous lines are damaged so wont use..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users